To implant or not to implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

Re: To implant or not to implant?

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:32 pm

[quote]Did you go with the implant because of the injections causing problems or did they just stop working?
[quote]

I went with the implants because the injections were causing more and more scarring, and also because they're unreliable. Sometimes I'd get a great erection and other times I'd get one that would go flat in 20 minutes. Since I see pro's, having a "flat" during a $1500 session really got me mad.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

Stevareno

Postby Stevareno » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:16 am

Wow, thanks for your response. I now feel more like getting the implant but my surgeon is in indiana. I am not familiar with the surgeons you all talk about. My urologist is a young guy who did the radical prostatectomy on me using the DaVinci robotic method. Had it done on a Tuesday and went back to work the following Monday. He did a wonderful job. He also does implants.
He does several each week. I will be meeting with him next week to discuss the implant. I will be asking him what kind of implant he uses and any other questions I can think of between now and then.
I don't want to deal with waiting to see if I will recover naturally. From others I have spoke to, it is a struggle.

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:13 am

cincinnatus1951 wrote:Stevarino:
As others have said, liklihood of spontaneous or even drug assisted erections post prostaectomy is slim. you are young enogh I would give it six months during which you can experiment with the other therapies. AS has also been said they are a pain and do nothing to enhance the ambiance of making love. I would start researching surgeons and thinking about an implant. you can read my story by searching cincinnatus. There are many other well documented journeys. While, yes there are risks, everything in life is a risk and the vast majority feel they made the right decision. Yes, we felt we waited too long.
Cincinnatus

Damn near everybody here on the panel wishes they would've done the implant sooner. The main thing you want to do is get the right surgeon who'll do it right the first time. Check w/ either Kramer or Eid before you make a move...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

Stevareno

Postby Stevareno » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 am

Where is Kramer and EiD located? What state?

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 am

Eid is in NYC.....Kramer, Balt., MD.........
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:37 am

Go to Kramer and you will be very happy and a rock hard erection.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

billylee

Postby billylee » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm

I did not try injections and certainly do not regret that but had troubles with other forms of medication. I wanted an end to ED, my urologist suggested IPP and showed me a demo. I was interested immediately. I did my research, including excellent advice from FT, and got to work finding surgeon and scheduling. My primary thought was....WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOOSE. I put trust in my surgeon and haven't looked back with regret.

I was very much a "grower" and now not only is my flaccid one I am much more pleased/proud and erection on demand is awesome.

My suggestion is to do it. Your choices for a better sex life are few.

B
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

robertm

Postby robertm » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 pm

I used to hear a lot about Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt in these forums. His name doesn't seem to come up anymore. Anyone know why?
60 yrs old. Gradually worsening ED for 10 years. Pills and trimix not working well anymore. Will need an implant in the near future.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:01 pm

robertm wrote:I used to hear a lot about Dr. Milam at Vanderbilt in these forums. His name doesn't seem to come up anymore. Anyone know why?

Several men here have had major problems with implants he placed. You can search the forum and find the posts easily.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

adamshea

Postby adamshea » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:13 pm

My implant is the best thing I've done. My wife and I love it! I only wish I could have done it 8 years earlier. I works like I'm 20 years old and feels natural as my original equipment.
58 yrs old, married 30 yrs, Implanted 07-21-16 AMS 700 LGX (18cm x 12mm with 5cm RTEs 10cm up and 13cm down)
2 TURPS developed penile neuropathy. Experienced moderate ED I could get erections but could not always keep them. Very happy with implant.

Return to “Implants”