Revision Recommendations?!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Samsdad

Revision Recommendations?!

Postby Samsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:55 pm

I am a 60 year young guy living in the D-FW area of Texas, who is likely facing a revision of my one year old IPP surgery in the visible future. My issues include a glans that is rotated quite noticeably counterclockwise...resulting in urination and aesthetic issues, etc...my pump bulb being misplaced too high and far forward...thus creating issues during intercourse, as well as general comfort...and an excessive (+/- 2 inch) loss of erect length, caused by retracting scar tissue formation during an extended post operative period (4-6 weeks) during which I was not able or cleared by my surgeon to inflate due to various complications, including extraordinary swelling, etc. I also have visible lower abdominal scarring from my surgery that I would eventually (if not simultaneously) like to correct. The FrankTalk 'fraternity' seems to strongly favor Dr Eid and Dr Kramer, and I am trying to evaluate the respective advantages of these two doctors before starting down the road to my necessary revision surgery...so I greatly appreciate any feedback and guidance that experienced members might be willing to share with me. I currently have an AMS LGX implant. I am not sure if insurance covers any of the costs associated with such a revision surgery...not to mention my concerns about the costs linked to a several day trip back east to hopefully correct the challenges I am dealing with. What I do know is that I am praying for a more positive experience and outcome than my previous surgery and aftermath. Thank you in advance to those willing to share your experiences and advice! :)

ED2013

Re: Revision Recommendations?!

Postby ED2013 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:30 pm

I would recommend Eid or Kramer as well for a revision. I would also recommend you consult with Dr Morey in Texas.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:35 pm

I have also read here about a Doctor in Houston who appears to be very good. Me, I'd go to Baltimore but Dr. Kramer did my first one and it went so well.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:37 pm

there is a thread on this board named " surgeon reviews " . Go ahead and search for that thread and you will get the opinions on who to go to.
There are four names that seem to come up, over and over again, as really talented, and those big four are: Eid, Kramer, Karpman, Perrito. I suspect that there are 6 others throughout the country who are just as good -- just not as frequently talked about on this discussion board.

You will find that many of us have super strong opinions regarding our surgeons, but it seems that the patients of Dr Kramer and Dr Eid are, nearly universally, supper happy with their preop/operative/and postoperative experience.

As a start, there is a very thorough website at:

urologicalcare.com

Good Luck !

PS: Although my operation was covered by insurance, Dr Eid does have a cash price for those where the insurance plan does not cover. That price is reasonable when compared to things such as work done by a plastic surgeon for a face lift or tummy tuck.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Sam's dad:
I live in Houston and used Dr. Khera, who is with the Scott Department of urology at Baylor. I had excellent results and recommended him to a FT colleague who had a successful revision by him. He is a very straight forward guy. i'd contact his office and see if he is interested in this type of revison. If not, i think I'd go to Kramer or Eid.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:46 pm

ED2013 wrote:I would recommend Eid or Kramer as well for a revision. I would also recommend you consult with Dr Morey in Texas.

Thank you for your reply. I will do some research on Dr Morey here in Texas. If my new insurance (Blue Cross) offers me any cost assistance, I want to go to the best and most experienced doctor...and Dr Kramer and Dr Eid seem to get such consistently 'rave' reviews.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:48 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:I have also read here about a Doctor in Houston who appears to be very good. Me, I'd go to Baltimore but Dr. Kramer did my first one and it went so well.

Thank you for your reply. If I had to make a decision today, Dr Kramer seems like the best choice for me.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:03 pm

TANGERINE wrote:there is a thread on this board named " surgeon reviews " . Go ahead and search for that thread and you will get the opinions on who to go to.
There are four names that seem to come up, over and over again, as really talented, and those big four are: Eid, Kramer, Karpman, Perrito. I suspect that there are 6 others throughout the country who are just as good -- just not as frequently talked about on this discussion board.

You will find that many of us have super strong opinions regarding our surgeons, but it seems that the patients of Dr Kramer and Dr Eid are, nearly universally, supper happy with their preop/operative/and postoperative experience.

As a start, there is a very thorough website at:

urologicalcare.com

Good Luck !

PS: Although my operation was covered by insurance, Dr Eid does have a cash price for those where the insurance plan does not cover. That price is reasonable when compared to things such as work done by a plastic surgeon for a face lift or tummy tuck.

Thank you for your feedback and guidance, Tangerine. This is an obviously an incredibly important decision, and I have to get it right. I am really torn between Dr Eid and Dr Kramer. Fortunately, it seems like a choice between two outstanding surgeons...as opposed to a decision between 'the lesser of two evils'. Both doctors seem to be very skilled at revision surgeries, so I am just looking hard for a 'sign' that this is the best surgeon for me. God's will be done.

Samsdad

Postby Samsdad » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:15 pm

cincinnatus1951 wrote:Sam's dad:
I live in Houston and used Dr. Khera, who is with the Scott Department of urology at Baylor. I had excellent results and recommended him to a FT colleague who had a successful revision by him. He is a very straight forward guy. i'd contact his office and see if he is interested in this type of revison. If not, i think I'd go to Kramer or Eid.
Cincinnatus

Thank you for your reply, Cincinnatus. I will research Dr Khera, Baylor/Scott & white is the primary hospital for my new insurance (Blue Cross), which might make a difference in whether I receive any cost assistance...although my most important consideration is selecting the very best doctor for my revision.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:12 pm

I've been going through the same sorts of things as you, and have decided to have a new implant installed.

There's other doctors besides Eid and Kramer. I already used "another doctor" who seemed to be well-regarded, and it turned out to be one of the worst mistakes of my life.

I really can't afford be away five days to go to NYC, but I'm going to do it. I'm not taking a chance on anyone but the best. If for some reason Eid couldn't do it, I'd contact Kramer.

I don't want to go through this a third time.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

Return to “Implants”