Other than Kramer and eid?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cincinnatus1951

Re: Other than Kramer and eid?

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Gents: I used Dr. Khera of Baylor University Scott Department of Urology and recommend him highly. He is a busy implant surgeon. For instance I was the fifth patient the day I was operated on.
It is almost impossible to get decent statistical data on surgeons, especially things lime infection rates, numbers of revisions within five years of initial implantation, etc. You are almost dependent on word of mouth, reputation, or recommendation by another medical professional. Khera was recommended by my prostatectomy surgeon. Otherwise, if you ask the doc, they can tell you anything.
That said, surgeon selection is the most critical aspect of deciding to get an implant.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Cincinnatus has a point. I was referred to Kramer by my internist. Docs know who the good docs are. Get a referral from a physician you trust.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:12 pm

If Miami is convenient for you, Dr. Paul Perito is "the man"....he saved my dick after the first surgeon fucked it up. When my second implant failed, I didn't hesitate: Dr. Perito....!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Eid, Kramer, Karpman, Perito. My top four. All with a vast amount of experience and in their prime.

superb_h

Postby superb_h » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:15 pm

Dr.Stuart Boyd at usc. los angeles ca

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:16 pm

There was one on here called Kata (?) from Orlando. Patient (member of forum) said he didn't lose length.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:18 pm

I visited Eid and Karpman.

Eid does over three hundred a year. Karpman does over 200 a year. Both are highly professional and in their prime and have well run offices. You would do fine with either of them.

The reasons I went with Eid are that he uses penoscrotal approach and prefers Titan Coloplast (Karpman really like ams LGX ) The AMS versus titan debate is a long one, and I think that there are advantages to both In fact, AMS LGX might be better since it mimics the natural penis in terms of flacid feel and subsequent length growth and expansion when pumped up; despite all that, however, for me, I wanted the Girth, and I felt everything else is secondary
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

revisionnyc58

Postby revisionnyc58 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:42 pm

I am scheduled for a full revision of my 8 year old AMS 700 LGX on March 30th. The tubing from bulb to one of the cylinders has gone bad. My Dr says given the age of the unit- its time for a complete overhaul.

So the original unit was put in via peno-scrotal incision. The Dr wants to put the revision in via Pubic Incision method... He says a 1" incision will heal quicker and less chance for infection on the revision..Any thoughts from the group on which way to insert for the revision? This is my first revision- I have been very lucky.

This is a new Dr for me.. My old Dr is off of my insurance plan now. I think New Dr is really good... but I am wondering about the incision method...

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:49 pm

revisionnyc58 wrote:I am scheduled for a full revision of my 8 year old AMS 700 LGX on March 30th. The tubing from bulb to one of the cylinders has gone bad. My Dr says given the age of the unit- its time for a complete overhaul.

So the original unit was put in via peno-scrotal incision. The Dr wants to put the revision in via Pubic Incision method... He says a 1" incision will heal quicker and less chance for infection on the revision..Any thoughts from the group on which way to insert for the revision? This is my first revision- I have been very lucky.

This is a new Dr for me.. My old Dr is off of my insurance plan now. I think New Dr is really good... but I am wondering about the incision method...

I would be comfortable with only Karpman or Perito doing it infrapubicly.

revisionnyc58

Postby revisionnyc58 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Thanks for the advise- I don't want that additional scar if he can use the old incision site. It was his comment about the greater infection possibility that threw me off.

Return to “Implants”