What's the extent of size loss if you stop cycling?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Seeking

What's the extent of size loss if you stop cycling?

Postby Seeking » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Mainly directed at guys who have had revisions done due to mechanical failure.

After I get my implant I'd like to work abroad in Asia for at least a year. In the unlikely event of mechanical failure when I'm away, I'll have to wait for some months before returning to the UK to get a revision done - will the lack of daily cycling during this gap have a negative effect on my size? My surgeon told me that without cycling every other day the corpora start to close in and this may affect size.

Thanks so much.

dg_moore

Re: What's the extent of size loss if you stop cycling?

Postby dg_moore » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:21 pm

My experience does not square with what your surgeon has told you. I've had my Titan since 2008. I never followed any "cycling protocol" and have rarely inflated it at all, and for only a couple of minutes on those occasions. I have seen no change in size since it was placed.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

TANGERINE

Re: What's the extent of size loss if you stop cycling?

Postby TANGERINE » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:14 am

my vague , nonexpert, opinion, is that once you hit the 3 month point, the "capsule" around the cylinders is stable, and cycling frquently is no longer needed. possibly once a month should keep things fine ? (Before three months though, cycling is important)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”