Hurts like hell

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Re: Hurts like hell

Postby 474849 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
oldgoat wrote:No offense intended but I think that those that are pumping daily are being mislead.
Show me some proof that this helps.
I am thinking that maybe you are being gullible and amusing the doctors.

I'll do whatever Kramer tells me to do.

I am doing what Kramer told me to do.I have a slight lean to the left when inflated, he said the only thing that will take care of that is to keep cycling.
I am taking a day off though.

Alibaba, good luck tomorrow your in good hands with Dr Kramer. Your in my prayers buddy.

Rick P,
Implant by Dr Kramer on 1/18/2017 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm + 2 cm RTEs.66 years old, , retired.....Married 1972........The wife and I both love to golf.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm

oldgoat wrote:No offense intended but I think that those that are pumping daily are being mislead.

This journal article speaks mainly about pre-op vacuum pumping, but does reference post-op implant pumping, too IIRC

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Not expected to INCREASE size, but shown to RESTORE or PRESERVE size.

Then there is this article which studied how early activation and assiduous pumping of the implant can make a significant difference, too.
http://nazionale2013.auro.it/abstract/p ... rosthesis/

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:39 pm

474849 wrote:Alibaba, good luck tomorrow your in good hands with Dr Kramer. Your in my prayers buddy.

Rick P,

Thank you sir. :D
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:

This journal article speaks mainly about pre-op vacuum pumping, but does reference post-op implant pumping, too IIRC

Then there is this article which studied how early activation and assiduous pumping of the implant can make a significant difference, too.

Lost Sheep

So basically, I need to activate this thing right now and pump as much as I can?!?!?!
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:01 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

Lost Sheep

So basically, I need to activate this thing right now and pump as much as I can?!?!?!

ONLY UPON THE ADVICE OF YOUR SURGEON!!!!

Doing damage to yourself is always a possibility. Examination of the patient by the surgeon, I believe, was necessary before initiatng the protocol in the study and they cintinuously monitored them, too, I bet. You don't want to start this before your incisions are ready for the pressure. And I have no idea what other unintended consequences might "pop" up!

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:

Lost Sheep

ONLY UPON THE ADVICE OF YOUR SURGEON!!!!

Doing damage to yourself is always a possibility and neither of us are in a position to prescribe protocols.

Lost Sheep

I just emailed him. I expect to hear back tomorrow morning.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
I just emailed him. I expect to hear back tomorrow morning.

Please, if you tell him I suggested the protocol, also emphasize the cautions I included.

I hope to be his patient as soon as I can get authorization.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:37 pm

I stand corrected. Great articles.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:13 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:I'm not looking forward to this cycling phase.

I can already tell it's going to hurt.

I will be taking the maximum amount of Ibuprofen allowable if I don't have any of the Oxycodone's left.

Holy crap! You are only 6 days out of surgery. Don't even think about cycling. Just relax, soak up the sympathy, let others wait on you hand and foot and HEAL. You had major surgery and it will hurt, but as I write this, almost 2 years down the road from my surgery, I feel nothing of my LGX at all, it has become just part of my body. And it still works :D

Best wishes!

ps watch your intake of ibuprofen. It is a great anti inflammatory and pain reliever, but it is a killer on the digestive system.

Xomanow

Postby Xomanow » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:30 pm

I was activated 2 weeks post surgery and began to cycle 3 weeks post surgery......oh yeah, it hurt.....at first I took prescribed pain pills as per Dr. Eids instructions.....then just Tylenol and by the 5th week there was barely any discomfort....but damn, it did hurt in the beginning....the whole implant process is about time, and time will heal.....some faster, some not as fast....but if it's anything that I have learned on this forum,.....patience is a virtue.....
Implanted Jan 4 2017 by Dr. Eid - 70 yo and single...ED gradually over 15 yrs...tired of pills, injections, cock rings....happy with my choice and results. Titan OTR - one 20cm cylinder - one 20cm+1 RTE...."got a rocket in my pocket"....

Return to “Implants”