Titan OTR Premature Failure

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
joedee

Re: Titan OTR Premature Failure

Postby joedee » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:26 pm

I've only had my Titan implant since May 25th and it went wrong today and won't inflate at all. The bulb is totally full and doesn't press. I'm only 47 and haven't had sex in over a year properly so after all the pain of the op I'm really pissed with the fact I might need to go through the pain again. I also wasn't happy with the inplant as the glans didn't get blood to it and the muse was too uncomfortable to keep taking. So basically even when it did work it wasn't very satisfactory as my wife told me she couldn't feel it much. Really fed up now and don't know what to do. Going to the hospital on Wednesday to see what they have in mind. Once I've got the revision done is it worth getting a calogen treatment to the glans? Anyone know? Thanks

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Such an interesting topic for a few reasons. But suffice to say, Dr. Kramer told me directly the new Touch pump (coloplast) is a colossal failure. He said he's got no problem with the older OTR pump, but the Touch pump is an epic failure- they jam, break, get stuck, doom the device. He's got 3 recent videos to prove that he's on a mission to take this garbage pump out and replace the devices. Go to Kramer's website, you'll see proof of this Touch pump disaster- but again this Touch pump is a type of OTR, the standard OTR he says is OK. Also, of course Coloplast tells you the pump malfunction is "unheard of". They all lying, but since it's their life-blood and their own family, how could they tell the truth?

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:45 am

Look here. I hope this helps. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/832744
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:40 pm

Premature failure "almost unheard of" is false. There are many members on this board that have experienced it. Not to scare anyone away from getting implanted, but it does happen more than the manufacturers will admit.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:07 pm

I have this pump ( "touch"). This story is scaring me.. Damn :roll:
Titan 24cm . December 2015

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Hey joedee. Check out "Pseudo-malfunction of the Coloplast Titan Inflatable Penile Prosthesis One-Touch Release Pump."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25260446

I had that same thing occur and you don't have to have it replaced. I had to go to the urologist and he had to give it everything he had. (Took two tries. He said that he had super strong hands from surgeries. Imagine seeing a guy go to your testicles with absolute determination while crimping his hands to go in for the kill. Comforting. . .) After the second squeeze, it popped open.

Now I have a regular technique to fill the cylinders. I always have to press the release valve first or the bulb squeezes and the cylinders do not fill. Nothing happens. I could squeeze the bulb a thousand times. But after pushing the button on the release valve, I squeeze the bulb with all of my might. It then does, what could be best called, a 'pop', although it doesn't make any noise. This ritual takes about thirty seconds, then about another ten to twenty as I pump it 10 -15 times and my penis is as hard as a rock.

I always said that if my implant was a car, I would only drive it for a few blocks in the summer. It works every time, but does not give me a comfort level. See my signature for the type of implant that I have. However, I think that you will be okay. I had also worried that I would have to get it replaced but have been using it successfully ever since.

I would give this a try.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:05 am

Thank you CharlesR for the post above. I am sure it will be of use to some people here. I reported it to the admin, who hopefuly will make the thread sticky for the best use of it.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:50 pm

I've this from december 2015 never problem... The same as merrix' pump .. I found info about , coloplast Uses it from october - november 2013 ... And i think this video can be very helpful for titan owners here

http://coloplastmd.com/videos/innovatio ... r-engineer

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:51 pm

Great find maxxxxx! That video was helpful indeed. Maybe I can circumvent my "ritual." I'll find out tonight.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:24 pm

If i understand thereisn't difference in the mecanism with old otr pump. Right ? And if the pump is firm, just push deflate disk and pump at Same time ...

Return to “Implants”