Packing List for Implant patients staying at hotel

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
GiRn56

Re: Packing List for Implant patients staying at hotel

Postby GiRn56 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 am

As far as an update on what to bring etc, the hospital provided jock-sucks, but really you only have to use it till you get home,why buy another ? my first trip will be getting new big boy underwear... Internet is only available in the lobby, otherwise it's 10$ per day from the room, no thanks.... I should of asked for some 4x4s pads from recovery room to use to help pad the jock and the boys on the way home on the flight, my scrotal swelling is null and my pump is already at the bottom of the SeaCat, which is normal, just waiting for the boys to catch up, the pump is in perfect position but it's killing me, hence the smaller 4x4s..... The foley and leg bag I despised since it's my first, the need for loose shorts (multiple) is a good idea...
Severe Degenerative Disc Disease L5-S1
Major Depression
Chronic pain patient and Meds
Titan OTR 20 cm placed 4/12/17 per Dr Eid.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:39 am

I just thought of one more item:

"Sturdy large pillow case" which will be placed on the airplane seat as you fly home.

Reason: I was paranoid about infection, airplane seats are not clean and I would be sitting on a fresh surgery wound. Thus, I placed the airline blanket on the seat, and then , my really clean pillow case on top of that --- you do not want to pick up MRSA infection from that seat ! (I know, I know, a little too overboard on the infection control but it is a FRESH SURGERY WOUND that you are placing near that seat)
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:54 am

Was that a recently washed blanket? If it is an airplane one, I do not know which is dirtiest: blanket or seat.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:22 pm

many brothers are seeing surgery dates on the horizon, so I am bumping this thread on packing list.

The other thing to consider, (might be optional and not needed) is, if you are alone, to figure out some food or eal delivery service. If your hotel has room service -- then great. Otherwise, I am sure their are meal delivery services which can be useful. In my opinon, likely not a great idea to sit in a restaurant during day one, two, three.

When I was at the Bently in new york, they had a nice room service breakfast, but after that it was limited to non-existent (and their roof top dinner restaurant was too pricey for my taste).
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 pm

Hey Tangerine, I had already printed out your packing list but thanks for thinking of us and bumping it. There's several of us going to see Dr Eid soon.

TANGERINE wrote:When I was at the Bently in new york, they had a nice room service breakfast, but after that it was limited to non-existent (and their roof top dinner restaurant was too pricey for my taste).

I don't know how I will feel on the two recovery days after surgery, so my plan is to do the room service breakfast, and have PowerBars, Gatorade, and snacks stockpiled for the balance of the day. Hope that will work out.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:38 pm

glad you brought the dietary issue up.

Please realize that constipation is a problem after surgery. And this becomes a real problem if you are taking the narcotic pain pills (I did not need them, but most do use them for the first five days at least). Thus, I have concern about power bars (as they might be constipating ?)
You want to have a really healthful protein balanced diet while you recover. Maybe call the front desk at the bentley and see if they have ideas about food delivery (remember, there are many patients there getting treated at Sloan Kettering (it's across the street), so they will have some ability in this.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Take home the hospital urinal. Urination (aiming) is clumsy post op and the urinal makes things much easier.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:13 am

warrenw wrote:...I don't know how I will feel on the two recovery days after surgery...

I had my revision with Dr. Eid, and if you follow his instructions to the letter (doing whatever arrangements necessary to be fully horizontal for the next two days), count on the high possibility of being able to do your first cycling attempts pretty soon after surgery.

I had mine done on Wednesday, and the following Saturday I did my first almost full cycling! He is a true gifted surgeon, and a super centered person and professional. No unuseful glitter trying to glare you eyes, but a solid set of professional values in practice.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:25 am

TANGERINE wrote:glad you brought the dietary issue up.

Please realize that constipation is a problem after surgery. And this becomes a real problem if you are taking the narcotic pain pills (I did not need them, but most do use them for the first five days at least). Thus, I have concern about power bars (as they might be constipating ?)
You want to have a really healthful protein balanced diet while you recover. Maybe call the front desk at the bentley and see if they have ideas about food delivery (remember, there are many patients there getting treated at Sloan Kettering (it's across the street), so they will have some ability in this.

Tangerine;
Great point about the constipation. There is an over the counter stool softener called Soflax. I was given a prescription so my drug plan would pay for it but the pharmacist said you don't need a prescription for it. The max is four a day - two in the am and 2 in the pm. This stuff worked great for me. When you get your implant, ask your doctor and see what he says. Maybe he/she will give you a prescription for it and then, maybe, insurance will pay for it. If they don't you are no worse off.

Larry

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:14 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:
warrenw wrote:
I had my revision with Dr. Eid, and if you follow his instructions to the letter (doing whatever arrangements necessary to be fully horizontal for the next two days), count on the high possibility of being able to do your first cycling attempts pretty soon after surgery.

I had mine done on Wednesday, and the following Saturday I did my first almost full cycling!

That's my hope too. My surgery is on a Friday, two recovery days in the hotel, office visit with Dr Eid Monday morning, then return flight to west coast that pm. So I'll be mostly horizontal on Sat/Sun. Going light, just a carry-on.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

Return to “Implants”