Packing List for Implant patients staying at hotel

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TANGERINE

Packing List for Implant patients staying at hotel

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:01 am

Here is a suggested packing list of things you will need. I travelled to NYC from the west coast early february for Dr Eid to place my implant. I stayed at The Bentley.

IMPLANT PATIENTS: HOTEL PACKING LIST:

Medical:
All Prescriptions from your doc (pain meds, antibiotics, stool softeners, Naproxen , etc)
Hibiclens (for preop and if an early bath 3 days postop)
activatable Ice packs (just in case)
Milk of Magnesia
Extra jock strap (big pouch)
(remember, jock is outside of underwear, otherwise jock irritates penis tip)

ICE PACKS:
oven size ziplock bags--fill with ice from hotel
(DOUBLE bag since they can leak)

Clothing:
Loose very clean sweats for the ride home
Loose gym shorts for hotel
New clean boxers for each day
A few loose long tee shirts (to cover your "bulge" when you go out)
Easy to get into shoes (slip-ons)
Large lounge-like pants for departure from hospital (extra space around scrotum and lower belly)

Food:
Constipation can be a problem, I used hotel room service and my wife also got take-out food for us. Protein shakes (no chocolate) also were good

Entertainment:
computer or ipad or books for viewing while on your back in bed for a few days with extension cord for charging units

(also consider reviewing the following document by Dr Eid:
<https://www.urologicalcare.com/upload/iblock/5d7/POST-OPERATIVE-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf>
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

alibaba

Re: Packing List for Implant patients staying at hotel

Postby alibaba » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:42 am

Good post. Here are my deviations from it. This will be my 2nd implant, 17th surgery under general anesthesia.

Looks like I had most on the list. Already packed.

Ducolax instead of Milk of Magnesia. MoM only if bad stopped up
Don't have any loose T shirts but a good idea I time to find some
Don't have any loose gym pants either but another good idea since I'll fly this
time.
I also added dried fruit.

Suggest a travel bottle of Listerine. I participated in a study where patients were to use listerine before surgery. Pneumonia from intubation was reduced very well into double digits. Been a few years but I think the final was 50 or 60%.

If you are going to a doctor who does not use surgical glue, you might consider gauze pads and either vaseline ( recommended by my dermatolgist) or antibiotic ointment. Ointments are vaseline type base vs. creme. The ointment will help keep the pad from sticking and the wound from drying out too much. If the skin gets too dry the scab can crack and peel or bleed.

Used to use an antibiacterial soap no-longer available. Hibiclens is an option or I add a touch of bleach to a compatable body wash and use that to wash with before several surgeries. Also a couple days before and the morning of soak in a tub with a bit of chlorine bleach in the water. Chlorine really dries your skin so do not use much, especially with the concentrate. I used a 1/4 cup of original to a full tub of water. http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/ ... in-issues/ Dry with a white towel so your wife does not get pissed at you bleaching the towel or washcloth. I am a slightly elevated infection risk so I scrubbed the entire bathroom where we stayed last time with bleach water the day before surgery. No interest in picking up a bug before or after surgery. Wipe down phone, remote and all other surfaces with alcohol. I thinkDr. Eid said one time he only use alcohol and plenty of it. Bleach will not kill staph or mrsa unless it is on it for more than 5 minutes. That is why i take a book and read while I soak. Less than 5 you only suppress the population a bit. Remember, it is a 2 person partnership for success. You do what you can, you doctor does what he can. Combined should equal success.

Freezer ziplock works better than storage. Get the type with the slide. The cheap ones will pop open on you and you will have a lap full of cold water at some point. Adding a little water to the bag will make it more flexible and lay on your body better. A 1/2 teaspoon of vodka in it will keep it from getting solid on you also which sometimes happens.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:08 am

Couple of things, Pads are for what? Never needed anything like that with Dr. Kramer.

Ointment for what as Dr. Kramer had me use nothing and he does not use glue. In place of zip lock I suggest regular ICE bags and I used three different sizes to fit in the different areas around scrotum. Right before surgery (10 min) you will be given wipes for your whole body to disinfect yourself. The only area you will not wipe down if where the surgery is done.

Good luck and it goes very smooth with Dr. Kramer
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:25 am

Response to: "pads for what ?"
Many men have an issue with the penis tip and the jockstrap. You can simulate, or imagine this, if you wear a jockstrap with a full erection. The tip will get irritated by the tight jock. To ameliorate irritation, I have heard of three soliutions:
1) wear underwer UNDER the strap (that worked for me)
2) wear a sock over your penis (a baby sock from baby store)
3) wear a tube protector (like a toilet paper cardboard roll)..I haven't tried this, and am not sure it will work, but some have

Remember, the penis needs to point straight up to your belly button for one week at least so the pseudo-capsule heals straight.
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 am

Remember, the penis needs to point straight up to your belly button for one week at least so the pseudo-capsule heals straight.

Forget it, you don't have to do that.

But remember to bring chocolate along for the staff plus some bottles of sparkling wine. Always highly appreciated!
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Postby 474849 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Hey guys.
I don't know if anyone cares about my experience with Dr Kramer.
But here it is.I had my implant on January 18th.Before I left the hospital Dr Kramer gave me all my pills antibiotic, pain pills, stool softener and antibiotic cream (he actually went to the pharmacy and picked them up) .The nurses gave me extra guaze, ice bags and instructed me and my wife on removing the catheter.Dr Kramer called me to see if everything whent ok getting back to the room.He told me then to remove the guaze the next day and not to put anymore on unless I was bleeding,( I had no bleeding).He also said I could shower the next day (that was great)
All you should need is your dick and the goodies you like.

alibaba and richard the frog, you guys have a safe trip.I know everything will workout great because you picked one of the best Dr's (the best in my book).

Rick P,
Implant by Dr Kramer on 1/18/2017 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm + 2 cm RTEs.66 years old, , retired.....Married 1972........The wife and I both love to golf.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Dr. Kramer goes Waaaaaaaaaaay above and beyond any doctor I know is taking care of his patients. He picked up my meds too at the pharmacy. He's quite unique. Dr. Knoll is nice, but he doesn't reach out like Dr. Kramer. He responds rather than being proactive. Both good doctors.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:21 pm

extra item for the list:
"consider a business class ticket for the flight home "

To decrease swelling postop, staying flat on your back (with the balls higher than the heart) does help....and it is a requirement by Dr Eid for two days. Based on the comments from you all, I heard that pain and swelling decrease when you are lying down.

When I read that, I upgraded my coast to coast flight to business class, and I specifically searched and found a flight that has "flat Bed" business class seats (for me, this was the United 757-200 between newark and the west coast)

The 6 1/2 hour coast to coast flight was actually delightful, I slept for more than half of it, and was quite comfortable lying totally flat on my back. Yes, this costs extra, so you will have to decide if it is worth it to you or not. For me, it controlled pain and swelling and avoided what could have ben a rough 6 1/2 hours in an upright economy seat sitting on my swollen balls !@#$%

PS: There is a nice discussion of the difference between "flat bed" and "angle Lie-flat" seats at the following web site:
https://www.seatguru.com/charts/longhaul_business_class.php

PPS: they also put some TANGERINES in my lunch salad on board ... and of course, I really enjoyed that !

GaryP!

Postby GaryP! » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Since Dr Eid did my procedure I stayed at the Affinia Gardens because it is across the street from the hospital.

IMO I made a big mistake. There were no electrical outlets in the kitchen. Had to move coffee maker into living area; didn't make any difference because it did not work anyway. No exhaust fan in bathroom. The kitchen sink drain made noises continually. All in all I felt the room was way overpriced.

Wish I had stayed at the Bentley.

I was not at all confident in removing the catheter. I called Dr Eid (He gives you his cell number) and he came to the hotel; removed the catheter and changed my dressings. For me this was a big deal.
Surgery Dec 2, 2016 Dr. Eid Advanced Urological Care. Coloplast 18cm

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:25 pm

I see that Girn, who is a nurse, got some ice container bags from the hospital. I did not know that was an option, and that could be a big plus (since I needed to double bag my ziplock ice bags.

Girn, since you are currently at the Bentley, could you please look at the original list and let me know about any changes or additions. Thanks !

Return to “Implants”