RTE's

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TallTexan

RTE's

Postby TallTexan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:09 am

Sorry for the silly question but I have a implant since Dec. 2016 and read all these post but I dont know what RTE's are. I have two of them though. Explain?
surgery on 12/13/16
coloplast Titan Touch
RTE 2cm R & L
18 cm
Houston, Tx.

dg_moore

Re: RTE's

Postby dg_moore » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 am

Rear tip extenders are used to pad the length of the cylinders in cases where the standard lengths cannot be made to fit your particular anatomy. Their purpose is to make the cylinders fit properly. They are not used, for example, to make your penis longer.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

TallTexan

Postby TallTexan » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 am

Thank You!
surgery on 12/13/16
coloplast Titan Touch
RTE 2cm R & L
18 cm
Houston, Tx.

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:54 am

Yup, that's right. Rear Tip Extender. I just got a Coloplast Titan implanted Feb. 3, and I had requested no RTEs, but I got one anyway. In my case, the doctor did just right. Thanks to his thoroughness and care, my length is just perfect. You can feel the tips of the cylinders just halfway out in my glans, but I cannot pull the tip of my penis the slightest bit beyond those cylinder tips. Poifikt.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 pm

I have been advised by some here on FT that using RTEs is a lazy doctors out. :o I have an AMS with 5.5 cm RTEs and my dick's erection is stiff as a board,no wobble and no floppy head. ;) ;) Time will tell. 8-) 8-)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:54 pm

Some implants will not properly fit w/o them, particularly LGX's in large penis' as the company did not make the tubing long enough to properly place the pump. I understand the doctor's have a choice to order them with long tubing now. The doctors opposed to tip extenders say they get loose over time. I personally questioned them because several people told me they were very uncomfortable to sit on. An advantage is it is easier to get all the fluid out of the cylinder w/o drain back from crus end like you would have without them. Another advantage is more expandable cylinder so the "potential" for expansion is greater "overall". Another reason is to balance the sides in people who have an odd length anatomy. 1 side longer than the other. Then there is the advantage where few implants are installed or where they run short on a big dick day in assembly line implant installing. Less inventory.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Rear tip extenders (RTE) are exactly what the name implies. Extenders you put on the rear tip of the cylinders, i.e. the part going back in to your body. RTEs are never used in the other end - your penis.
They are used when your body requires an implant of a size right in between two cylinder sizes.
AMS models come in 3 cm increments and Titans in 2 cm increments. Logically one should never need more than 2.5 cm RTE with an AMS and 1.5 cm with a Titan. Next step would be to pick a larger sized cylinder size and skip the RTEs.
Furthermore RTEs are often used with AMS models to avoid a too high placed pump. AMS have shorter tubing than Titan and in some patients this will result in the pump sitting too high if no RTEs are used. Use of RTEs will push the tube connection further out and closer to the pump.
Another reason for using RTEs is if the patient's penis is curved, and the doc cannot straighten it with a symmetrical implant. Then an RTE can be used on the longer side (normally the outside of the curve) to just fit better in the curved penis.
RTEs also make it easier for the surgeon to insert the implant correctly back in the crus. It is hence sometimes used by less experienced surgeons even if there is no benefit for the patient.
A disadvantage of the RTE is that the inflatable proportion of the total implant volume and length will decrease. A high inflatable proportion is desirable. This mimics the natural erection best.
RTEs can not be deflated and hence risk over time to expand the crus and finally not fit as tight anymore. This can create a lower erection quality, a 'wobble' or 'hinge' effect.
RTEs can also increase the hinge effect by moving the 'joint' between the fixed and the inflatable part closer to the only natural place the implant can hinge - the base of the penis.
However, a majority of implanted guys probably have RTEs, and a majority is satisfied. RTEs are just one of so many factors influencing the outcome.
Still, I would definitely prefer avoiding RTEs if possible, since there is no advantage in terms of erection quality. Only potential disadvantage.
Of course, if one falls right between two sizes, RTEs provide the advantage of achieving the right sized implant.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:46 pm

Guys,

Additionally and importantly, when we speak of RTE's we speak of a single number, such as, mine are 3.5cm RTE's. This is a total of both sides number. For me, 2.0cm RTE on the right side and 1.5cm RTE on the left side, total 3.5cm RTE's.

Just FYI

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Thanks Jim,
That clears a lot of things up for me. I actually had 4 centimeter RTE on one side and a 1.5 centimeter RTE on the other side. So 1 RTE only went 4 centimeters into the crus not 5.5 as I thought. No one told me that. I guess that was what was needed to be done because the tips are even in my glans. What a relief. No worries about a wobbly dick in the future.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I have 3 cm left and 3 cm right. In case of Coloplast just have a look at your IMPLANTABLE DEVICE VOLUNTARY TRACKING FORM. There you'll find all informations regarding your surgery.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Return to “Implants”