THAT / HOW / WHY

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

THAT / HOW / WHY

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Your implant.

Every man here is concerned THAT it works. That makes sense.

Many have questions about HOW to work (operate) it. Of course.

Very few have questions about WHY it works (that is, the inner mechanics). Only the curious? I guess.

Almost none ask why they are designed the way they are.

I feel lonely in the third category.

I feel alone in the last category.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

PFracture

Re: THAT / HOW / WHY

Postby PFracture » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:19 pm

A simple read on the forum, will answer your questions on problem. Those on where you feel lonely...

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:54 pm

That.- They are designed to make your pecker stick out.
How.-By inserting hydraulic tubes on both sides of your penis.
Why.-So you can have a rageing hard on whenever you want and give her a good peterfloggin.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Like why the corpus cavernosa has to be destroyed in order to insert the tubes! I realize it may be the simplest way, but it sure as heck isn't the best way!
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:53 pm

PFracture wrote:A simple read on the forum, will answer your questions on problem. Those on where you feel lonely...

I have been on the forum only since August, but read many posts in the implants section of the forum. Probably about 50% of those younger than 5 years, 75% of the posts younger than 2 years and nearly 100% of the posts younger than 12 months. I am struck by the number of men who are unsure of which model they have (though many do, and include it in their signature lines, which helps us relate to the experiences they relate, for which I thank them).

Some questions I do not find definitive answers for:

When an implant can lengthen, does that make the selection of the implant size at the time of the operation more forgiving?

What does it mean, "lengthen" in the context of the AMS LGX or Coloplast Titan? (Note, the Titan is said in one medical journal paper and a few Doctors to be able to lengthen, and in other journals, not). Are we talking about lengthening from the flaccid state to the erect state or lengthening over a time period of weeks or months?

Dr. Eid has used the terms "tunical dependent" and "tunical independent" and I am unsure what these mean in a medical context.

The silicone/dacron/silicone construction of the AMS devices has been well described in the literature, but the Coloplast "Bioflex" composite material is mysterious to me. I wonder what it is like?.

The construction of the various valves is also mysterious. The part that "pops" in one of the the AMS valve bodies which is very tight when new, but breaks in after a while. Why does AMS not break it in before releasing the device for implantation in a patient?

Modes of failure should be easy to determine. I am sure the makers keep statistics so they can improve the device over time. I have seen the question posed, but not the slightest hint of an answer past, "the more you use it, the sooner it will wear out".

I have seen it posted that some women find a penis pumped to the maximum to be uncomfortable and less rigid is better. But no descriptions or explanations beyond that.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

oldgoat

Postby oldgoat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:18 pm

I keep reading similar questions about lengthening.
A woman's clitoris is less than 2 inches into her vulva.
That is the point of stimulation for her.
Why are men so concerned about losing a half inch in length?
Got to be an inferiority complex.
Get over it. If your penis does not get her off, lick that clitoris until she screams and then have her give you a good blowjob and take the cum in her mouth.
Implanted with colorplast Titan 3 years ago. Davinci radical prostatectomy 6 months ago. Very happy with the outcome of both procedures.
Dr Jonas Benson. Uropartners, Wheaton, IL.

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Thanks Lost Sheep, those are all good observations and ones I've wondered about myself, even though I am guilty of posting information that I don't fully understand. The bulb construction is one I'm especially curious about. Someone recently posted something to the effect of "if you pump just for sex once per week the implant should last 15 years."
That got me to thinking and investigating what the actual pump life, in pumps, really is.
Despite my best efforts I could not find any pump specifications at all. Now someone, you would think, must have some knowledge of this, but I couldn't find it.

I'm not going to give up though and if I find anything I'll be sure to pass it on!

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:10 pm

oldgoat wrote:I keep reading similar questions about lengthening.
A woman's clitoris is less than 2 inches into her vulva.
That is the point of stimulation for her.
Why are men so concerned about losing a half inch in length?
Got to be an inferiority complex.
Get over it. If your penis does not get her off, lick that clitoris until she screams and then have her give you a good blowjob and take the cum in her mouth.

As "far" as I am concerned, erect length is a non-issue.

What I most would like is a short flaccid length. For easy deployment for urination, for convebnient "parking" when not actually in use and to not "print" in a bathing suit or clothes.

Why does every time I bring up length, the discussion goes to making the erect length longer?

Besides, women of my acquaintance testify that after the first two inches, girth is most important. That, and the skill, enthusiasm and staying power of the man.

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:51 am

Jimbruski wrote:Thanks Lost Sheep, those are all good observations and ones I've wondered about myself, even though I am guilty of posting information that I don't fully understand. The bulb construction is one I'm especially curious about. Someone recently posted something to the effect of "if you pump just for sex once per week the implant should last 15 years."
That got me to thinking and investigating what the actual pump life, in pumps, really is.
Despite my best efforts I could not find any pump specifications at all. Now someone, you would think, must have some knowledge of this, but I couldn't find it.

I'm not going to give up though and if I find anything I'll be sure to pass it on!

Jim

There is an article, posted recently by messix from Bruce Garber that has amazing technical details. Look it up on the forum.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:05 am

PFracture wrote:
Jimbruski wrote:Thanks Lost Sheep, those are all good observations and ones I've wondered about myself, even though I am guilty of posting information that I don't fully understand. The bulb construction is one I'm especially curious about. Someone recently posted something to the effect of "if you pump just for sex once per week the implant should last 15 years."

Jim

There is an article, posted recently by messix from Bruce Garber that has amazing technical details. Look it up on the forum.

If you can, anyone citing an article, please post a link to it or enough information to search the web for it (Full title, etc), not just the fact that there is an article.

Here is the link. The article is REALLY worth reading, as it directly compares Coloplast and AMS implants.

http://www.garber-online.com/pdf/Garber ... w_2008.pdf

Interesting to note that Dr. Garber states unequivocally that neither of the two he Colopast Titan models \ expand in length, but another article states that the Colopast Titan is "unrestricted in both girth and length expansion". One of the statements must be incorrect, but which one/

http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ASM_2013012514045982.pdf

Section 4 (left column of page 4 of the article, near the bottom of the page) says,

Early in our observations we catalogued the various cylinder types manufactured by the two US companies to see if there was a difference in outcomes between the various cylinder models. AMS manufactures the LGX cylinder, which increases in girth to 18 mm and lengthens up to 20%. Coloplast Titan is a cylinder that is unrestricted in girth and length expansion. Only the tunica limits Coloplast cylinders expansion and length. We wondered if the lengthening cylinder or the unrestricted expansion cylinder would have different outcomes after our vacuum protocol.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”