New to the Group; Implant Disappointment

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
KMeister

New to the Group; Implant Disappointment

Postby KMeister » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:55 am

I had my implant surgery a couple of month ago on June 16. I chose a doctor here in Las Vegas who is in my insurance stable and is supposed to be one of the best in the area (25 years experience, 100 procedures a year, etc.). The doctor prefers Coloplast Titan which in my case was a good choice because the Bioflex material is better for a man of my size (around eight inches) who also had some curvature due to Trimix injections.

The bottom line: After five attempts I have been unable to have intercourse due to so-called floppy head problems; I can't push into my wife, who is small anyway (size 2 pants). My glans do get engorged but the cylinders do not reach the head. According to the operative report, the doctor inserted 20 cm cylinders with 2 cm rear tip extenders. The report also stated that the cylinders reached one third to one half into the glans. I saw the doctor two days ago. He said we would have to wait until December (after I completely heal) to decide what to do. By the by, I did lose a bit of size (about a half inch) but I had some to spare anyway. My wife and I were limited on what we could do.

Even if I tell the doctor to go back in and make some adjustment I'm not sure if my insurance will be willing to foot the bill again. Also, if I
do elect to have a refitting it probably wouldn't be until next June when I'll be once again off for the summer. (I work for a school.) That
means about a year without intercourse. My wife has been very understanding. She's wonderful.

Any suggestions my brothers here have would be appreciated. Needless to say, I'm devastated.

KMeister

Illuminist

Re: New to the Group; Implant Disappointment

Postby Illuminist » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 am

That seems to be the problem with the guys getting Titans. They aren't sized right during surgery and you end up with floppy head. Every person I have read about with floppy head, had a Titan. I'm not sure the exact relation between the two however.

I think that during surgery you may have had some scarring near the front of your shaft and the surgeon couldn't get the implant any farther and so they stopped there. This is a common mistake according to my implant Dr. When he implanted me, he came across this same problem and had to make another incision on the bottom of my shaft and "chisel" my corpora in order to fish the tubes through so they ended in the center of my glans. You will need a revision, not sure what else you can do if you are getting floppy head. Wish there was some better news to tell you other than at least you didn't fork out $20,000 like I did.

Also, it is a misconception to think that because you are over 7" that you need a Titan. I am as long as you are if not longer and I don't have a Titan. Was never interested in one after seeing pictures of the so called "flaccid" look. I have an AMS CX. If your surgeon knows what they are doing, you can go with a 21cm implant with 7.5cm of tip extenders if you need it. Or you can go with a 24cm AMS CX and some tip extenders which is what I went with.

The material Titans are made of is why the deflated flaccid state doesn't look flaccid at all. I was able to see one at the Dr's office on my first visit and the first thing I did was fold the deflated tubes over onto themselves as this is how a flaccid penis folds. The tubes didn't fold well and created sharp looking dog ears. That was enough for me to never want that kind of implant inside of me.

I was implanted on June 13. Been having sex with it and have got nothing but compliments. My only complaint was that I lost an inch or so because of the months I waited after having a priapism that left me too scarred to be able to achieve erection.

Anyone considering an implant, always remember that you spend most of your life with a flaccid penis so if they are trying to sell you on the fact that the implant has more rigidity, that means it will be rigid when it's flaccid as well.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:23 am

Illuminist you're right : the Ams is more confortable and best look when flaccid than Titan. But i think the problem is not the choice between Titan or Ams. The problem is the undersized cylinder.

Kmaister says: " my glans do get
engorged but the cylinders do not reach the head" . I think with correct meausurament of length, he would had excellent outcome and good sex with "engorged glans also" . I don' t think the floppy head is caused by Titan.
If cylinders "fill" glans, the glans get engorged more easily.. And because there is a good support also: the tips of implant..i suppose
Titan 24cm . December 2015

Genome

Postby Genome » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:55 am

KMeister...I have exactly the same problem and I have a Titan. We need to talk. Do you have skype, YahooIM, or ooVoo ? Read my thread on the Implant Forum.....near the top. "My implant Journey." It has before and after pics. I lost a huge amount of size and have a floppy head and cant have sex. Sorry you got this problem too. Jerry

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 am

Well, the Titan is what I have, so I'm going to dance with the girl I brought to the party. I spoke to the Coloplast rep today on the phone. I'm going to get a second opinion on my options by seeing another doctor. I believe my situation is correctable, however, it most certainly will require a partial revision which means cutting me open again, which means several weeks recovery, which means (in my case) waiting until next summer.

KMeister

Illuminist wrote:That seems to be the problem with the guys getting Titans. They aren't sized right during surgery and you end up with floppy head. Every person I have read about with floppy head, had a Titan. I'm not sure the exact relation between the two however.

I think that during surgery you may have had some scarring near the front of your shaft and the surgeon couldn't get the implant any farther and so they stopped there. This is a common mistake according to my implant Dr. When he implanted me, he came across this same problem and had to make another incision on the bottom of my shaft and "chisel" my corpora in order to fish the tubes through so they ended in the center of my glans. You will need a revision, not sure what else you can do if you are getting floppy head. Wish there was some better news to tell you other than at least you didn't fork out $20,000 like I did.

Also, it is a misconception to think that because you are over 7" that you need a Titan. I am as long as you are if not longer and I don't have a Titan. Was never interested in one after seeing pictures of the so called "flaccid" look. I have an AMS CX. If your surgeon knows what they are doing, you can go with a 21cm implant with 7.5cm of tip extenders if you need it. Or you can go with a 24cm AMS CX and some tip extenders which is what I went with.

The material Titans are made of is why the deflated flaccid state doesn't look flaccid at all. I was able to see one at the Dr's office on my first visit and the first thing I did was fold the deflated tubes over onto themselves as this is how a flaccid penis folds. The tubes didn't fold well and created sharp looking dog ears. That was enough for me to never want that kind of implant inside of me.

I was implanted on June 13. Been having sex with it and have got nothing but compliments. My only complaint was that I lost an inch or so because of the months I waited after having a priapism that left me too scarred to be able to achieve erection.

Anyone considering an implant, always remember that you spend most of your life with a flaccid penis so if they are trying to sell you on the fact that the implant has more rigidity, that means it will be rigid when it's flaccid as well.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:59 am

I agree. It's not a Titan vs. AMS issue at all. As I wrote earlier, my op report indicated that the cylinders reached one third to one half into my glans. For some reason they didn't stay there. The human body can be a mysterious creation.

KMeister

maxxxxx wrote:Illuminist you're right : the Ams is more confortable and best look when flaccid than Titan. But i think the problem is not the choice between Titan or Ams. The problem is the undersized cylinder.

Kmaister says: " my glans do get
engorged but the cylinders do not reach the head" . I think with correct meausurament of length, he would had excellent outcome and good sex with "engorged glans also" . I don' t think the floppy head is caused by Titan.
If cylinders "fill" glans, the glans get engorged more easily.. And because there is a good support also: the tips of implant..i suppose

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:39 pm

Jerry, I finally finished reading your "journey." You've had a rough go of it. And your doctor was Douglas Milam, who's considered one of the best in the field. I do have YahooIM but seldom turn it on. I'm not sure I even know how to use it anymore. Perhaps we can chat on Saturday via YahooIM.

KMeister

Genome wrote:KMeister...I have exactly the same problem and I have a Titan. We need to talk. Do you have skype, YahooIM, or ooVoo ? Read my thread on the Implant Forum.....near the top. "My implant Journey." It has before and after pics. I lost a huge amount of size and have a floppy head and cant have sex. Sorry you got this problem too. Jerry

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:39 pm

Bad news, somewhat good news and more bad news.

Bad news: The doctor I saw today (Sept 12, for the second opinion) was absolutely clear that I "need a bigger implant" and will have to have a redo.

Good news: In his experience my health care provider pays for redos.

More bad news: He added that he doesn't like tinkering around with the implant; instead he prefers to yank everything out and put in all new plumbing. He said this issue (cylinders not reaching into the head) is quite common because most doctors were very timid about erosion into the glands even though it's something that is quite rare.

It looks like this December I'll see the doctor who performed the surgery, then have the revision in mid June. The question is, who will do the surgery? The first doc or someone else.? I don't have to decide this very minute. We'll see.

KMeister

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Just returned from the Doctor in NYC who was pushing the Titan Coloplast for my problem. He was very personable and he was an instructor for the prosthesis and is affiliated with Cornell Presbyterian in Manhattan. Apparently he is working with the Titan implant only because he is pushing it. However, i think he knows best having the "volume" of implant patients.

mike
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Return to “Implants”