My implant journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
logical84

Re: Posting without implant; Do I have the right?

Postby logical84 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 am

Lost Sheep wrote:I do not intend to wonder, "What if I made a different choice"? So, I am spending considerable time and energy in research, which I seek to share here for the benefit of any who wish to partake.

If I were not so determined to be informed and participatory in my medical choices, I would have had an implant in September, 2016. Done and done. Instead, I delayed surgery and researched and found authoritative sources which influence my thinking.

As a new member, and someone who is considering this option for the first time in my life, I'd be extremely interested to hear a summary of your research, as well as to hear the other members' thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
John

charlesr

Re: My implant journey

Postby charlesr » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:05 am

You folks post wherever you want! Don't let someone chastise you! I've never been dead; does that mean I'm not allowed to write about death?
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:29 am

On the other hand, I don't think it's reasonable for folks to ask other members to repeat or summarize what they've already posted, often at great length and effort. The forum search function works pretty well and it's possible to find what you're looking for yourself.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:17 pm

I don't mind sharing what I have found but right now it is terribly disorganized. Perhaps the best way see what I have found is to click on my user ID and read through my previous posts. I have links to most of the research I have cited
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:32 pm

[/quote]
As a new member, and someone who is considering this option for the first time in my life, I'd be extremely interested to hear a summary of your research, as well as to hear the other members' thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
John[/quote]

Getting an implant is an important personal decision. That being said, if pills and injections no longer work, it's either implant or pump with a constriction ring. If and when you are ready, I highly recommend going with a top surgeon.

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:29 am

ED2013 wrote:

Thanks in advance,
John[/quote]

Getting an implant is an important personal decision. That being said, if pills and injections no longer work, it's either implant or pump with a constriction ring. If and when you are ready, I highly recommend going with a top surgeon.[/quote]

Your summary of things ED2013 is always a joy to read. I'm off today to see my Urologists about my implant and I hope that I can tap into your experiences more as I start my journey.

My emotions are all of being hopeful, scared and confused right now and wishing I was the other side of things.

One thing I commit to this site is I will keep everyone informed because I feel that is my duty after all the help and support I've had from everyone else.

Good luck all.
Gollam121
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:Here's where I'm at:

I started pumping until it hurts, then stopping, then resuming in a few minutes. This way, I can get to my current max with the least pain possible.

I am seriously worried about losing length. I have attached pictures...

My original dick. 5.25" bone pressed... https://www.dropbox.com/s/esj0snxk9lh76 ... 3.jpg?dl=0

My dick after silicone injections...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/430bfk3xk1mhp ... 9.jpg?dl=0

Three pics of my dick now. 5" bone pressed, except that due to the placement of the pump, I won't be able to get in 5". More like 4". I requested pump behind balls and that's not what I got.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j97iw93midz0m ... 1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h6x9jqtqnbsw ... 7.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sywyd5p7y7sec ... 9.jpg?dl=0

Tell me honest opinions. Do I have a tiny little shrimp dick now?

I've got say I've looked at the pre implant pic again of you laying down. It looks pretty good from my perspective. I also agree you will see more improvements over the coming months.

Stay strong and believe you will get a good outcome.
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm going to sleep with it fully inflated from now on.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:18 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:I'm going to sleep with it fully inflated from now on.

Be careful if you roll over.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:41 am

Lost Sheep wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:I'm going to sleep with it fully inflated from now on.

Be careful if you roll over.

It hurt too bad. Couldn't do it.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Return to “Implants”