My implant journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
joe456

Re: My implant journey

Postby joe456 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:09 pm

WOW WHAT A MESS
none

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:16 pm

But then how were your exact size before the implant 5 or 6 "?
And now how is it? 5"?
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 pm

joe456 wrote:WOW WHAT A MESS

Mine came out good. I would do it again. I know people that have had 3 procedures from my plastic surgeon.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:41 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:

Mine came out good. I would do it again. I know people that have had 3 procedures from my plastic surgeon.

Did you ever watch your video and see how the silicone had migrated? With all due respect, that looked like a serious problem in the making. Some people end up having to strip tissues from their penis and undergo skin grafts. Next time you might not be so lucky...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:54 pm

ccrider wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:

Did you ever watch your video and see how the silicone had migrated? With all due respect, that looked like a serious problem in the making. Some people end up having to strip tissues from their penis and undergo skin grafts. Next time you might not be so lucky...

I say I have to agree with the respected colleague ( that's what we all are here) from St. Louis. That is some BAD $#!T and often issues arise long after. Worst is when particles of it migrate to other parts of the body. They can't dig that shit out of your liver! Of the guys I knew that had it done, they ended up having it cut out of their deformed dicks. It was a long surgery to dig that crap out. Most common issue I heard if it was not lumpy is that it got very hard over time ( not flexible) and they started having health issues that were traced back to silicone.Costly to remove and I am not sure they ever got right again. Have not talked to any of them in more than a year. 1 guy in St. Louis who is a patient of my internist had 4 surgeries on his.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:57 pm

alibaba wrote:
ccrider wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:

I say I have to agree with the respected colleague ( that's what we all are here) from St. Louis. That is some BAD $#!T and often issues arise long after. Worst is when particles of it migrate to other parts of the body. They can't dig that shit out of your liver! Of the guys I knew that had it done, they ended up having it cut out of their deformed dicks. It was a long surgery to dig that crap out. Most common issue I heard if it was not lumpy is that it got very hard over time ( not flexible) and they started having health issues that were traced back to silicone.Costly to remove and I am not sure they ever got right again. Have not talked to any of them in more than a year. 1 guy in St. Louis who is a patient of my internist had 4 surgeries on his.

Well hopefully that won't happen to me. As of now, I'm happy with the added girth.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

ccrider

Postby ccrider » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:47 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
alibaba wrote:
ccrider wrote:Did you ever watch your video and see how the silicone had migrated? With all due respect, that looked like a serious problem in the making. Some people end up having to strip tissues from their penis and undergo skin grafts. Next time you might not be so lucky...

Well hopefully that won't happen to me. As of now, I'm happy with the added girth.

That makes two of us Richard. Do yourself a favor between cycles and search for articles which deal with all the horrors of free silicone injections over the years. As an old-timer, I remember years back when a lot of women ruined their looks/health with free silicone breast enhancements by injection. In fact, there exists now a virtual cottage industry of plastic surgeons who specialize in the removal of silicone from wherever it's injected into the body...
...69 years old, married over 30 years, serious ED for around 10 years. AMS 700 LGX 21 cm +3 cm RTE implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer on Dec 7, 2016.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:55 pm

ccrider wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:
alibaba wrote:

That makes two of us Richard. Do yourself a favor between cycles and search for articles which deal with all the horrors of free silicone injections over the years. As an old-timer, I remember years back when a lot of women ruined their looks/health with free silicone breast enhancements by injection. In fact, there exists now a virtual cottage industry of plastic surgeons who specialize in the removal of silicone from wherever it's injected into the body...

I had already read that article that was posted on here about those people who had bad outcomes from their silicone. I got it done in October 2016, so it has been about 5 months.

Lost Sheep

Posting without implant; Do I have the right?

Postby Lost Sheep » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:55 am

It has been mentioned that have shared my thoughts on the "Implants" forum without actually having an implant myself. I thought I would explain myself.

The medical profession has a history of treating patients as passive recipients of cures and advice. Many people do not want to get into the "nuts and bolts" of treatment, whether or their car, furnace, computer or health. "Let my expert deal with it, I am only interested in results" is a perfectly valid and functional attitude.

I reject that attitude. When I was hospitalized for sciatica I spent a month flat on my back and during that time, I researched everything I could get my hands on. In the end, my Doctor and I came to the same conclusion on treatment and I have no lingering doubts or second thoughts disrupting my sleep to this day.

I seek the same degree of certainty with regard to my E.D. I do not intend to wonder, "What if I made a different choice"? So, I am spending considerable time and energy in research, which I seek to share here for the benefit of any who wish to partake.

If I were not so determined to be informed and participatory in my medical choices, I would have had an implant in September, 2016. Done and done. Instead, I delayed surgery and researched and found authoritative sources which influence my thinking.

Included in those sources are communications with the very helpful Doctors, Dr. Eid and Dr. Kramer. Dr. Eid even thought to compliment me on the quality of my questions to him.

So, I regard the absence of an implant as no impediment to having opinions, or of expressing them.

Where I misunderstand or am simply wrong, I invite correction. I am always seeking more, reliable and specific information.

I see value in the research I have done and opinions I have formed. My research makes me believe I am in a position to receive my implant with less discomfort, better odds at an optimal outcome and more prepared for post-op compliance with my Doctor's recommendations for rehabilitation than if I had not done that research.

This is the philosophy I bring to FrankTalk. I hope I bring value to the forum.

Thank you for reading and for considering my motivations, for they are sincere.

Thank you, also, for overlooking my failing that brevity eludes me.

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Re: Posting without implant; Do I have the right?

Postby alibaba » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:52 am

Lost Sheep wrote:It has been mentioned that have shared my thoughts on the "Implants" forum without actually having an implant myself. I thought I would explain myself.

The medical profession has a history of treating patients as passive recipients of cures and advice. Many people do not want to get into the "nuts and bolts" of treatment, whether or their car, furnace, computer or health. "Let my expert deal with it, I am only interested in results" is a perfectly valid and functional attitude.

I reject that attitude. When I was hospitalized for sciatica I spent a month flat on my back and during that time, I researched everything I could get my hands on. In the end, my Doctor and I came to the same conclusion on treatment and I have no lingering doubts or second thoughts disrupting my sleep to this day.

I seek the same degree of certainty with regard to my E.D. I do not intend to wonder, "What if I made a different choice"? So, I am spending considerable time and energy in research, which I seek to share here for the benefit of any who wish to partake.

If I were not so determined to be informed and participatory in my medical choices, I would have had an implant in September, 2016. Done and done. Instead, I delayed surgery and researched and found authoritative sources which influence my thinking.
I see value in the research I have done and opinions I have formed. My research indicates that I believe I am in a position to receive my implant with less discomfort, better odds at an optimal outcome and more prepared for post-op compliance with my Doctor's recommendations for rehabilitation than if I had not done that research.

This is the philosophy I bring to FrankTalk. I hope I bring value to the forum.

Thank you for reading and for considering my motivations, for they are sincere.

Thank you, also, for overlooking my failing that brevity eludes me.

Lost Sheep

Lost Sheep, you keep up the journey you are on. At some point it will lead you to a proper and just end where everything is correct. I wish I would have done the due diligence the first implant. Instead I followed the advice of 5 guys here on FT who told me to go to Milam. Had I done a search on him, I would have found he had a history of making a semi working nice looking dick into a stub disaster full of pain and frustrations. Find your comfort zone. I did this time and extremely pleased. I never was comfortable with Milam but he took my insurance and said he would do it. Claimed his method would not give me the issues I read others had with infrapubic. He was arrogant, pushy ( to get out of the office), and turned me off making snarky comments about Dr. Eid including making fun of his first name. Normally that would have been enough for me to tell him what I thought of him and walk out the door, but I broke my own rules to get an implant. something I had wasted 100's of hours trying to get. Do not lower your standards till you feel it is right. At this point for me, I am certain. Kramer or Eid will be right. Both have been well above the standard of care of nearly every provider I've dealt with. Many hugs you will get this done. Find your zone and go for it. Cheers man.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”