My implant journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

Re: My implant journey

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:07 am

ValPinto wrote:Froggy,
You're getting hyper-obsessive and fixated. A pump is going to sit low, and when you pump it all the way up, the pump will move up some, it's plumbing- it's got tubes that go to the penis. you pull up the penis 3 straight inches, it'll pull the pump up 3 straight inches. Can start out with a low pump, but it can never be so low that if you jerk the penis and point it all the way up, the pump won't move with it some. Try to give some time, you're mind is in a deep, dark, obsessive place

Does your pump prevent you from sticking your penis in all the way?

That's a bit of an issue.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:47 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:
jonbaldbg wrote:My pump was in the way of insertion too. I had to have it revised and now the pump is down and out of the way.

Sucks that I'm gonna have to pay twice.

Richard, who is going to do the revision? I have a friend that says you can demand the surgeon/hospital who did your procedure, fix it. He claims they have insurance for this and it's a lot cheaper for them to redo than have a lawsuit. I don't know how accurate this is but it might be worth pursuing.

In my case, I just didn't think about that and didn't want to spend the time and effort to return to Baltimore since Nashville was so close and we'd found a trusted surgeon there. My insurance paid for both and since the revision was in the same calendar year, it cost me nothing since I'd met all my out of pocket already.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:59 am

jonbaldbg wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:
jonbaldbg wrote:My pump was in the way of insertion too. I had to have it revised and now the pump is down and out of the way.

Sucks that I'm gonna have to pay twice.

Richard, who is going to do the revision? I have a friend that says you can demand the surgeon/hospital who did your procedure, fix it. He claims they have insurance for this and it's a lot cheaper for them to redo than have a lawsuit. I don't know how accurate this is but it might be worth pursuing.

In my case, I just didn't think about that and didn't want to spend the time and effort to return to Baltimore since Nashville was so close and we'd found a trusted surgeon there. My insurance paid for both and since the revision was in the same calendar year, it cost me nothing since I'd met all my out of pocket already.

Cool. I'll look into that.

Who is going to do it? I don't know. Maybe Kramer, but the last thing I want to do is start threatening him with lawsuits. I wouldn't be too worried about losing size or anything on this relatively minor revision. Maybe my local guy can do it.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:52 pm

FROGGY:

I think it is time to recall the "first principles" of your journey. Remember, the purpose of an implant is to allow the man to have penetrative sex. For me, I identified "the ability to have sex" as the definition of success. Accordingly, failure is defined as :
a) infection resulting in having the device removed or
b) inflation problems such that the device would not get hard enough for sex.

everything else is "icing on the cake."

When my local urologist first brought the option of an implant up, he stated "implants do have issues, but for the most part they work well"
Once I decided to get the implant, my local urologist stated "I know this is scary, but you are doing the right thing"
That being said, I sympathize with your concern about the pump position. However, please realize that the position is "one of the issues."

My advice, If the position continues to be a significant problem at two or three months, then make a plea with Kramer to place you on the surgery schedule for a simple revision of the pump location (DO NOT CHANGE SURGEONS). That surgery is not a big deal, and it is part and parcel of what you signed up for when you took the risk of going under the knife to have an implant.

My second advice is for your psychological state. It takes real courage and balls to face the nuclear option of surgery. Now that you are on the other side, I think you are much better off than when you had an unreliable dick with , as a consequence of, no girls to put it in. Life is sometimes difficult, and the easy path is not always the one that we get to take. So keep fighting, keep courageous, and realize that a good surgeon like Kramer will indeed take you back to the OR to make everything right -- sometimes, it takes more than one operation, it is just the way life (and surgery) goes......
With supportive feelings, your bionic bro , TANGERINE
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 am

TANGERINE wrote:FROGGY:

I think it is time to recall the "first principles" of your journey. Remember, the purpose of an implant is to allow the man to have penetrative sex. For me, I identified "the ability to have sex" as the definition of success. Accordingly, failure is defined as :
a) infection resulting in having the device removed or
b) inflation problems such that the device would not get hard enough for sex.

everything else is "icing on the cake."

When my local urologist first brought the option of an implant up, he stated "implants do have issues, but for the most part they work well"
Once I decided to get the implant, my local urologist stated "I know this is scary, but you are doing the right thing"
That being said, I sympathize with your concern about the pump position. However, please realize that the position is "one of the issues."

My advice, If the position continues to be a significant problem at two or three months, then make a plea with Kramer to place you on the surgery schedule for a simple revision of the pump location (DO NOT CHANGE SURGEONS). That surgery is not a big deal, and it is part and parcel of what you signed up for when you took the risk of going under the knife to have an implant.

My second advice is for your psychological state. It takes real courage and balls to face the nuclear option of surgery. Now that you are on the other side, I think you are much better off than when you had an unreliable dick with , as a consequence of, no girls to put it in. Life is sometimes difficult, and the easy path is not always the one that we get to take. So keep fighting, keep courageous, and realize that a good surgeon like Kramer will indeed take you back to the OR to make everything right -- sometimes, it takes more than one operation, it is just the way life (and surgery) goes......
With supportive feelings, your bionic bro , TANGERINE

I just had sex for the first time with it. This thing is awesome. Cowgirl is a little difficult, though.

jelquinginjury

Postby jelquinginjury » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:52 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:
I just had sex for the first time with it. This thing is awesome. Cowgirl is a little difficult, though.

Hey richard congrats!
Did you have trouble with the pump for sex?
Injury that caused venous leak.
In my 20s thinking about implant

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 am

jelquinginjury wrote:
RichardTheFrog wrote:

Hey richard congrats!
Did you have trouble with the pump for sex?

No I just learned to point pump it 5-6 times so it doesn't hurt .

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:50 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote: I just had sex for the first time with it. This thing is awesome. Cowgirl is a little difficult, though.

Congratulations, to you both!

Without being TOO graphic, could you explain, please?. Difficult for who, you or her? Discomfort after entering, difficulty entering, limited movement, angle limitations etc?
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:09 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:

Way to go man. enjoy.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:52 am

CONGRATS !! I feel like a big brother giving a high five to the younger brother .... you stud
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”