nerve damage from Implant.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

nerve damage from Implant.

Postby alibaba » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 am

I am 5 days away from 1 year on my infrapubic implant. Advice says nerve damage is rare but happens in a low number of people . I still have no feeling in my penis or glans. The tubes and corporotomy are on the top side with infrapubic where the nerves are located per picture attached. Urology says it is a neurology issue. Neurology says it is a urology issue. Urology says it is nearly impossible to schedule a repair by both at the same time because both will want to complete their surgery before the other ( implant repair, nerve repair). I've been told by a top urologist that it never happens for them to remove the implant out of the way, then stop for a neurologist to repair and graft nerves, then go back to install a new implant. 2-3 surgery deal to fix this. I found an article which said though it is a low number in initial implants, it is a much higher number in revisions because of the tissue that grows around has to be disected to replace the junk implant. with infrapubic, the cavernosa is cut open on the top side and tubes come out the top then bend around your dick. You can see this by the attached picture. Edit: The link was to the study. The study pertains in particular to the incidence of nerve damage with infrapubic implants which ranges about 2% with skilled doctors, 5% with lesser skilled doctors and up to 11% on infrapubic revisions.
Sources:
Dorsal-nerves-penis.jpg
Dorsal-nerves-penis.jpg (76.32 KiB) Viewed 694 times
Dorsal-nerves-penis.jpg
Dorsal-nerves-penis.jpg
Dorsal-nerves-penis.jpg
Logo of revurol
Rev Urol. 2005; 7(Suppl 2): S51–S57.
PMCID: PMC1477598
Sorry about the triple picture post. It kept doing that. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”