Implant coming soon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

Re: Implant coming soon

Postby RichardTheFrog » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Thanks, I will.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Our brother David R's CX lasted 12 years. I hope mine does. I'm using it a lot! :) :) :)

I have been asking Doctors and the manufacturers about modes of failure, to no avail. Do you know why DavidR's failed?

Thanks

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Rob1961

Post op follow up with Kramer

Postby Rob1961 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

I had my post op appt with Dr. Kramer for my inflate/deflate session on February 15. which was 3 days shy of my 1 month surgery anniversary. Before proceeding, he asked about my post op recovery (pain/issues), etc. He even took the time to chat about some personal issues. He demonstrated how to inflate and deflate then had me do a couple of cycles myself. He have said that there will still be some residual swelling for about 6 months but that I could resume weight training, cardio and most importantly sex. Recommend that I briefly inflate/deflate daily for the next year, which would help with working the pump and deflate button as well as possibly increasing length and girth up to 25% since I have the AMS LGX. Of course, I can only expect to gain what I originally had prior to surgery and peyroines. He estimated my length greater than what I had prior to surgery but could not locate a ruler to confirm. When he initially inflated me we heard a crack, which he said was the plaque breaking up and said that continued inflating would continue to help with breaking up then plaque and expanding the penis. Of course, he said that inflating will cause some pain during and after but will eventually subside. The next day I emailed Dr. Kramer with some additional questions and he replied promptly. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kramer to anyone considering an implant.
Implanted by Dr. Kramer January 2017 with AMS LGX 18 cm with 4 RTE due to peyroines.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:50 pm

Rob1961, GREAT NEWS! :D
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Postby 474849 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I'm having no trouble at all inflating or deflating.My problem is I can't stay
Completely deflated.l deflate until I am as soft as ever,but by morning I've got a little stiffy.....Need help thanks.

Rick P,
Implant by Dr Kramer on 1/18/2017 AMS 700 LGX 21cm x 12mm + 2 cm RTEs.66 years old, , retired.....Married 1972........The wife and I both love to golf.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:24 am

After you deflate, squeeze the bulb once or twice till it pops like you would to inflate it. That will lock it so it does not reinflate. The first few months I would have to lay on my back to deflate and maybe an hour later do it again. Deflating got better after a while. Seems like many go through this same phase at first, then only have to deflate 1 time for fully flaccid. Cheers. Glad you are to the inflate/deflate stage.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:50 am

What's wrong with a little ''wood' in the morning? 8-) 8-) 8-)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Lost Sheep

Re: Post op follow up with Kramer

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Rob1961 wrote:I When he initially inflated me we heard a crack, which he said was the plaque breaking up and said that continued inflating would continue to help with breaking up then plaque and expanding the penis. Of course, he said that inflating will cause some pain during and after but will eventually subside. The next day I emailed Dr. Kramer with some additional questions and he replied ....

I wonder if Dr Kramer said anything about (or would address the question about) any way of preventing or minimizing the plaque (or scar tissue pseudo-capsule) that forms post-op. I know some surgeons recommend early inflation as a mitigator or leaving the omplant inflated to nearly 100% in qn effort to minimize this. Of course this is inconvenient and/or painful sometimes and moves the encapsulation problem from the implant to the reservoir.

Did you ask about rhis, and what did Dr K reply?

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:57 am

I didn't ask Dr. Kramer about this, but his instructions were to wait a month until activation. He doesn't routinely leave people fully inflated and he said there is no reason to tape the penis upward to the abdomen. He said we don't do that anymore.

I would think that those who stay one hundred percent inflated from the start probably do maintain better length but that isn't the typical instruction by most doctors or research. Research states that early inflation is helpful in maximizing penis size but is not practical due to the amount of pain involved at a 2 week inflation.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:I didn't ask Dr. Kramer about this, but his instructions were to wait a month until activation. He doesn't routinely leave people fully inflated and he said there is no reason to tape the penis upward to the abdomen. He said we don't do that anymore.

I would think that those who stay one hundred percent inflated from the start probably do maintain better length but that isn't the typical instruction by most doctors or research. Research states that early inflation is helpful in maximizing penis size but is not practical due to the amount of pain involved at a 2 week inflation.

I found the article I believe you refer to when you mention that pain prevents early inflation "research indicates early inflation ...but is not practical because of pain". The one I found is "Pseudo-capsule 'coffin effect': How to prevent penile retraction after implant of three-piece inflatable prosthesis by Caraceni, Utizi and Angelozzi published in the Department of Urology, Civitanova Marche Hospital, Italy.

In it, it is stated that some patients dropped out because they could not tolerate the discomfort of early inflation cycling. But the dropouts did not invalidate the study which had enough participants continuing to produce statistically valid evidence, if not conclusive, at least encouraging. I suspect, though, that patients were left immediately post-op at a low inflation, then those in the early inflation group had to break up their incipient scar tissue from that low mark. Indeed, that is uncomfortable. Starting from a high degree of inflation would give the patient a head start in that process. Dr. Kramer, I believe, defaults to a 40% inflation post-op (unless the patient condition indicates otherwise).

Leaving a patient at 100% inflation is not likely to be a good idea, but one doctor of my acquaintance does use 80% as a standard practice (unless he deems at surgery a lesser amount is warranted). Also, 100% inflation would leave the reservoir uninflated, generating the problems of the pseudo-capsule effect at that end of the device. I opine that the capsule effect would be less obvious there, but more difficult to "cure" and incomplete deflation and autoinflation would remain problems for the patient forever.

I (as a layman, this opinion is suspect, of course) that leaving the penis inflated as much as possible, especially with the AMS LGX is a good way to minimize the chance of the "S Curve" deformity. While rare, this requires revision.

Lost Sheep

P.S. Since I am a layman, much of this post should be considered speculative until the reader goes to the sources and draws one's own conclusions.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023

Return to “Implants”