What type of implant should I get?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
RichardTheFrog

What type of implant should I get?

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:25 pm

I've heard the Titan is good. Which is best? I'm most concerned about not losing erect length.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

dg_moore

Re: What type of implant should I get?

Postby dg_moore » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:51 pm

It's better to let your surgeon make a recommendation than for you to insist on a particular model. AMS and Titan are both good, and basically similar. AMS has a more natural flaccid state, and Titan has a bit better rigidity (but both Titan and AMS can be inflated to the point of rock hard discomfort). Neither has any length advantage if properly sized, which is where the importance of your doctor's skill and experience are vital. And no, an implant cannot give you any more length than you have naturally. Your stretched flaccid length is what you can expect from your inflated implant.

By the way, and for what it's worth, there are endless discussions here about length after surgery. Just search the forum and you'll get lots of hits.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 pm

You are going to get, 'pros and cons' about both. My Dr. showed me working models of both. As per his recommendation, I chose AMS 700 CX and couldn't be more pleased. :)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 pm

The doctor's advice is critical. For instance, a surgeon in Nashville who is going to do a revision on me says he will not use an AMS LGX on someone who has Peyronies. He uses a stiffer model for that.

Having said that, the LGX is the only model that expands in both girth and length. True or not, they say it is possible to get your length back plus up to 20% in a year. For me, I'll just be glad to get my length back.

Here's a video Dr. Kramer did comparing the two brands. He works in a University research hospital and they are not allowed a bias toward a particular brand. It's unethical. He uses both brands depending on the situation and patient preference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PPId-OVzag
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:26 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:The doctor's advice is critical. For instance, a surgeon in Nashville who is going to do a revision on me says he will not use an AMS LGX on someone who has Peyronies. He uses a stiffer model for that.

Having said that, the LGX is the only model that expands in both girth and length. True or not, they say it is possible to get your length back plus up to 20% in a year. For me, I'll just be glad to get my length back.

Here's a video Dr. Kramer did comparing the two brands. He works in a University research hospital and they are not allowed a bias toward a particular brand. It's unethical. He uses both brands depending on the situation and patient preference.

Did you lose length?

Everyone else I've talked to on here says they didn't.

That's one thing I'm worried about.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:36 am

RichardTheFrog wrote:
jonbaldbg wrote:The doctor's advice is critical. For instance, a surgeon in Nashville who is going to do a revision on me says he will not use an AMS LGX on someone who has Peyronies. He uses a stiffer model for that.

Here's a video Dr. Kramer did compare the two brands. He works in a University research hospital and they are not allowed a bias toward a particular brand. It's unethical. He uses both brands depending on the situation and patient preference.

Did you lose length?

Everyone else I've talked to on here says they didn't.

That's one thing I'm worried about.

Richard, that was a fear of mine too. Most of the guys on this board say it took 6 months to regain their length. I hope that is true for me too, because I'm only at 3 months and have just started cycling. But, yes I've lost a little length. My doctor supposedly used the AMS LGX on me which is the only model that expands in both girth and length. There is some confusion about that, though because he is sure what he used, but the wallet card the hospital sent home with me listed a different model, one that does not expand in length. So I guess I will see at 6 months how things look. At this point, yes I'm a bit shorter than before, but have more girth. My doctor's office promised I would not lose length.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:53 am

Who cares if you have a lose of 1/4" but can finally get hard again? Be thankful you have a working erection and the length if only a man thing and not a women thing. They are happy to finally feel an erection again.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:44 am

dirtman1993 wrote:Who cares if you have a lose of 1/4" but can finally get hard again? Be thankful you have a working erection and the length if only a man thing and not a women thing. They are happy to finally feel an erection again.

My wife for one is very ticked off about the loss of length. 1/4 inch may not be a big deal but there are many on the the boards who report losing an inch or more which in some cases is 20-25% of their length. When you end up with a 25% shorter dick THAT IS A MAJOR ISSUE! Then follow up that with loss of girth from the spongiform not engorging any more on some and neither you nor your wife will be in a pleasant mood.

Choose your surgeon well. Some appear to be lazy, some don't give a damn, some do not seem to understand anatomical and mechanical construction, some stack up parts inside like they are using up leftovers to get them out of the house. Do not chose a doctor with an 'It's not my body so I don't care" attitude.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:28 pm

alibaba wrote:
dirtman1993 wrote:Who cares if you have a lose of 1/4" but can finally get hard again? Be thankful you have a working erection and the length if only a man thing and not a women thing. They are happy to finally feel an erection again.

My wife for one is very ticked off about the loss of length. 1/4 inch may not be a big deal but there are many on the the boards who report losing an inch or more which in some cases is 20-25% of their length. When you end up with a 25% shorter dick THAT IS A MAJOR ISSUE! Then follow up that with loss of girth from the spongiform not engorging any more on some and neither you nor your wife will be in a pleasant mood.

Choose your surgeon well. Some appear to be lazy, some don't give a damn, some do not seem to understand anatomical and mechanical construction, some stack up parts inside like they are using up leftovers to get them out of the house. Do not chose a doctor with an 'It's not my body so I don't care" attitude.

What doctor did you use? I am only 5.25" long, so even 1/4" would be a disaster.

I've heard good things about Kramer in Baltimore. I think I will use him.

This is a major concern of mine.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:54 pm

RichardTheFrog wrote:
alibaba wrote:

What doctor did you use? I am only 5.25" long, so even 1/4" would be a disaster.

I've heard good things about Kramer in Baltimore. I think I will use him.

This is a major concern of mine.

I too couldn't afford to lose anything. Dr. Kramer's office assured me I wouldn't lose length, but of course, I won't know until the 6-month point because it takes that long. You can read a summary of my experience on the thread "Dr. Kramer, Baltimore." You can read my whole journey on the thread "JB's Implant Journal."

Return to “Implants”