Center of Excellence

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Donnie1954

Re: Center of Excellence

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:00 pm

Longdayze,
Yes, it is a scary decision, but there were no other options for me. :| The VED was terrible for us. Dick to hard, like a rock and removing bands was torture. :o An implant was my only alternative. I don't regret my decision (even with RTEs or choice of COE surgeon) ;) With any operation there is risk. I'm praying that your outcome will be positive. :) Please keep us posted.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:51 pm

center of excellent by Coloplast means ONLY: a sales designation, they are trying to filter patients to someone who does their product. Started by a guy Wilson (steven wilson I think?) who bullies around this company basically and is nothing more than a paid spokesman. No AmS surgeon is listed here. Total BS

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Thanks for the info. :) My Dr. would have done either Coloplast or AMS. I choose AMS after evaluating both pros and cons of each. I couldn't be more pleased! 8-)
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:16 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:Guys.
I appreciate your concern. My Urologist's Team has earned a Center of Excellence accreditation and the AMS Rep who assisted my surgery had a complete assortment of sizes. :) I asked the Rep. why RTEs were used. He said to maintain my full length and provide proper pump placement. Only time will tell if this was a good decision. :roll: I know the RTEs used were stackable so a 1.5cm was added to accommodate my full length. 8-) It's possible that a prior hernia surgery may have been a consideration. Maybe another size up (more than 18cm) would have been to much. :shock: So far everything is great (no hinge or backfill) and I am able to totally deflate. Thanks again for your concern.
Donnie

Donnie,

Dr. Kramer said he avoided RTEs so I'd have a stronger column and more axial rigidity, but it did put my pump too high and now I'm going to have a revision. So, there is a way to lower the pump evidently (perhaps splicing of tubing) and NOT use RTEs but he didn't do it on me and I don't know why.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 pm

John,
As you know, looking back (why, if only) gets us nowhere, only frustrated. :? My prayers are with you my brother. Hoping for the best. :)
YBIC and 'bionic brother,
Donnie

andrew1959nj

Postby andrew1959nj » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:44 am

I found my Urologist Dr.Hossein Sadeghi-Nejad in NJ in 2009 because of his reputation at the time for treating men with ED. In the 9 years that I have been seeing him, he is one of the best doctors that I have seen in across all disciplines in terms of his thoroughness, competence and attention. Now that I'm considering an implant I saw that he was listed on the Coloplast web site as one of their centers of excellence. Dr. Eid in NYC is another member that I have heard many positive things about and Dr. EID uses devices from both top manufacturers. If these Doctors represents the quality of Coloplast's "Centers of Excellence" I would say that it's a positive endorsement.
60 years old. MS and Severe ED 10+ years. Pills and injections never worked well. Implanted 5/16/2019 by Dr. Sadeghi. Titan 20cm + 2cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”