implant surgeon

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jelizondo12

implant surgeon

Postby jelizondo12 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:31 pm

I received my implant on 6/1/2015 by dr Robert Cornell and I have been extremely happy with the results. I used Texan plus Medicare supplement and ended up paying only $150 for hospital and $35 for Doctor. The problem now is that dr Cornell will not take Texan plus because of their changes and requirements. I can't seem to find a new plan as good as Texan plus so I am looking for another urologist that takes Texan plus. Anybody know of a good urologist in the Houston area that also performs implants? I like to be prepared in case I have a implant problem.

Lenny1965

Re: implant surgeon

Postby Lenny1965 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Jeliz, in my opinion, any doctor who does the procedure should suffice. I say that because my research showed there's an extremely low number of penile implant malpractice lawsuits. Given the cost of malpractice insurance, I would think a bad surgeon would be quickly barred from performing future surgeries. Then again, if you can find someone with good reviews, by all means, use that doctor. But I think it's very hard to find local reviews on doctors. Good luck.
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Jelizondo:
Drs Larry Lipschuylz and Mohit Khera are in the Texas Medical Center. i used Dr khera and was very happy. you might check with their offices.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

merrix

Postby merrix » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Lenny1965 wrote:Jeliz, in my opinion, any doctor who does the procedure should suffice. I say that because my research showed there's an extremely low number of penile implant malpractice lawsuits. Given the cost of malpractice insurance, I would think a bad surgeon would be quickly barred from performing future surgeries. Then again, if you can find someone with good reviews, by all means, use that doctor. But I think it's very hard to find local reviews on doctors. Good luck.

With all respect - I thought this was one of the worst advice ever posted on FT. To say that all docs are good because there has only been a few lawsuits, is simply a very poor logic. That would imply that anybody who got just the slightest lower quality outcome than what the best doc can achieve would take his doc to court.
You don't really believe that's true, do you?

Just look around here. Look at Kemosabebiker and the pics he just posted. Are those results good? No they are terrible. Did he go to court? No.
look at Alibaba. Are his results good? No. Did he go to court? No.
And there are many, many more cases.

If someone is happy with anything that doesn't kill you, then follow Lenny's advice.
If you would be happy to accept the outcome kemosabebiker described, then follow Lenny's advice. Because with his logic, that doc is a good one.

If you want to maximize your chances of getting great (as in perfect) results, then listen to this advice: Do a ton of research. Talk to a a few docs on your shortlist. Then pick the one you feel is the absolutely best one.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:45 pm

I lost a major lawsuit this summer partially based on not being allowed to present evidence because it might prejudice the jury. That decision was based on an appeal to the Missouri Supreme court in a case where a doctor had operated on the wrong hip and been sued for malpractice 26 times . If need be to satisfy the naysayers here, I can look up the case number and provide the link given a little time to dig up the paperwork. If a doctor is still practicing and making the same mistakes 26 times, the lack of lawsuits makes no difference in protecting a person from the possibility of having a bad outcome. Think please.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Jeliz,
1) I agree with cincinnatus about Dr Khera
2) I also agree with Merrix about choices
3) Is TexanPlus a 'Gap' Supplemental Insurance covering the gap from Medicare parts A & B, or is it a 'Part C' Advantage plan like HMO & PPO ?
"IF" it is a Supplemental plan to pay the extra 20% then you need to report it to Medicare as it is the law that ANY Gap Insurance must pay within 10 days. This is mandated by Medicare so there is no reason a Dr should reject them..
"If" it is an Advantage plan then I'm not sure but I could see how Drs could decline using them as they can with other PPO/HMO insurer...
Cheers Dave
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:45 pm

So many factors are involved during implant surgery especially preexisting conditions. :cry: Even a successfully surgeon can't have 100% patient satisfaction and I would concur that there are those that should never be doing implants. (or any surgery for that matter). :x :x While we appreciate being warned about them, it is ludicrous to assume that there are no awesome local surgeons out there. :? I found one and I'm very pleased and highly recommend him to anyone in Orlando, Florida, Dr. Edward Kata of Florida Urology Associates. I am quite pleased with my surgery and progress so far! 8-) I love my bionic dick! ;) ;) and so does my wife! :roll:
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”