An Aussie Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mrp2007

An Aussie Journal

Postby mrp2007 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:28 am

I joined the club today!

Firstly a big thanks to the journals, esp. merrix and the revs. It helped me go in with full knowledge of what to expect.

Background:
52, prostate cancer at 43, no natural erections post rp, trimix worked but I really hate needles, esp there :D
GP referred me to a urologist who said I should seriously consider an implant as everything else doesnt really work. He then referred me another uro Darren Katz who is part of the team at MHM who are like Eid here in AU. He trained under Eid and Perito and Chris Love.
He has also presented at a number of conferences.Seemed reasonable.

First meeting went well 2 months ago and got a tentative slot 9 dec. Naturally started researching the excrement out of things. Franktalk is the primary source of info as well as mhm's web site.
Generated a list of questions and sent them across. Said we needed a longer 2nd meeting so that was thurs week ago. 45min! Went really but had already decided weeks ago. He said a slot opened up next week (today). Saw videos 2 of his ops too (shown at conferences) s knew what to expect.

Said that Titan was best for me. Pump is smaller and cylinders are stronger. Pump is harder to operate but sine I'm youger thats fine for me.

I do/did inflate (au naturel) when aroused but am rubbery, not good enough for penetration. Trimix worked which my wife injected (she's a nurse) used it about 10 times but didnt like it. Got a VED made me bigger but still to rubbery to use even with 2 bands.

Did some VED protocol to help stretch things (better recovery) but didnt bother in the last week after he said doesnt hurt but wont actually do much.

Prep for me was start strong antibiotic tablets 2 days pre op. Also 2x dayly wash between navel and knees with chlorhexadine surgical wash.
Went to hospital the evening before as I was first at 8am. Got woken at 4:30am for a final chlorhex wash an then came 3h of antibiotic drip.
Time came and was wheeled in and lights out (general).

Woke up with a sandbag on my pubic area (reduces swelling).
No catheter. Weed into a bottle. Slept lots. By 3pm I was good enough to stay awake. Yay!
not too much pain. Have a morphine PCA which i have used 5 times so far.
8pm now and just a dull ache as long as i dont move too much.

Op was infra pubic, reservoir is next to bladder as my rp op scars made it bad for ectopic placement.
Also during the op, he saw that I was going to have a floppy glans so he fixed that immediately. As a result of the 2 abberations, the op took an extra hour. So it was 2.5h for me. Includes shave, infection prep. See MINT procedure which he and chris developed to optimize outcome with minimal infection risk.
Also bled a bit from one of the glans holes. But that stopped fast.
Still on antibiotic drip an reat of the tablets I started preop.

Said he put in a 21cm which I thought was large as I'm only 5.5 inches (6 with ved)
Initial pump pos is lower that the balls in between them and towards the front. Not bad at all.
See how we go.

Note doing this on a phone which is really cumbersome. Will fix up errors when I get home tomorrow.
We will see how many entries this jounal gets 8-)

Hope this helps someone, esp. in au.
Cheers
mark
Last edited by mrp2007 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52yo ED after Radical Prostatectomy (Cancer) in 2007. All clear 9yr. Only trimix 0.8ml worked.
Implanted by Dr Katz and Dr Love (assist) 11/11/2016. Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE Infrapublically
Activation on 13/12/2016
Wasn't ready before.

Donnie1954

Re: My Turn - Journal

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:06 am

Dude,
Glad all went well! ;) Welcome to the exclusive 'brotherhood of bionic dicks'. You'll be impressed at how big your dick is even flaccid. It's awesome ! :)
Your incredible journey has just begun! 8-)
Rev. Donnie.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

KarlB1706

Postby KarlB1706 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:44 am

Glad you are doing well, just do what the dr. says and everything will go fine. Don't try to rush anything. Welcome to the wonderful world of bionic men.

Karl
69 yrs old retired, first implant in 2009, second implant AMS 700 LGX implanted August 2015, Dallas, TX area

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 am

Mark

Glad it all went so well. Now all you have to do is - do as the doc says!

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

mrp2007

Postby mrp2007 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:23 am

No post yesterday. Couldn't sit up at home.

Day2 (12th):
had a review by doc at about lunch. was pretty good then.
Only needed 11 presses of my button overnight but still didnt sleep too much.
Bandage unwrapped early as the glans was very cold (but still had circulation).
Drain got pulled out. Now that was painful!
doc said not much swelling esp in scrotum. said it was inflated a bit much so deflated me a bit. Big ouch!
Also said it would be better to have the foreskin rolled forward. Winner! No more sensitive head! There are 2 stitches there which will dissolve as part of the glansplasty(?) that should eliminate floppy head. These are under the foreskin too. Feels ok like this. Bonus!
Walked to the car in the I assume standard round legged motion. Still ok.
Getting in the car was not fun. Driving with all the bumps was also not fun. should have taken an endone (Oxycontin) before I left. Bugger.
I also should not have put on the briefs too. track pants would have been find.
Was sore when I got home. Lay in bed a bit and slept. Every 4h an endone and an ibuprofen.
After bed, set myself up lying down on the couch with 2 big cushions under my back and a bit of wadding to support the scrotum. Got the ice packs out of the freezer. Found a semi comfortable position and swapped the ice packs around periodically. Perineum is important too. Squeezing the pelvic floor muscles like they teach you pos rp hurts.
Really sore on the left side at the base of the penis.
Got some more sleep on the couch.
around 9:30 had a shower and got the cold shakes. I thought oh oh. But they resolved themselves when I warmed up. Wife says I dont have a fever so am ok.

Day3:
slept in bed til 1am on my back with a thick cushion on my tummy so that the sheets wouldn't press down on my upright penis. Worked ok.
lots of wee but no poo. Got up at 3, more endone/ibu and set myself up on the couch again and watched a bit of recorded F1. Was dropping off around 4:30 so stopped it and slept til 6. Waited til 7, more drugs, slept on couch til 8:15. moved to bed with the previous setup as I was getting a bit cold. Slept til 10:30. not bad!
Breakfast and antibiotic tab.
Back to the couch at 11. Tried no endone, just 1 ibu and 2 paracetamol. Worked ok. endone knocks you around and makes you sleep.
Finished F1, watched a movie. More icepacks esp where it hurt.
Moved to recliner which I couldnt do earlier too. Still ok.
Now only hurts when I stand and move around due to gravity pulling on the pump.

8pm now and can sit comfortably at the computer (good since thats what I do).

Supporting the scrotum and pump is key to comfort I think.
Quite pleased with my progress. Hope this is not ominous.

I can feel the pump (lower than testicles and a bit behind) can feel the valve with the dip in front.
I also notice some crinkles/hard bits on the left cylinder which feels short. doc said not to worry. I assume they will straighten on activation.
Still no poo though. Need double laxatives tonight and if then nothing Ill use a microlax.
Still sore on the left at the base of the penis and the left testicle but not really noticable.
No drugs since 3pm will save them up for bed time.
Event walking doesn't require as much of a round legged gate.

Maybe the bit of VED protocol I did has helped but the doc said the results are very equivocal.

All for now
Mark

cheers
mark
52yo ED after Radical Prostatectomy (Cancer) in 2007. All clear 9yr. Only trimix 0.8ml worked.
Implanted by Dr Katz and Dr Love (assist) 11/11/2016. Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE Infrapublically
Activation on 13/12/2016
Wasn't ready before.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:55 am

Glad all is well. Each day will get better until your hair starts growing back! Prickly balls are touture! :(
Rev. Donnie.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

mrp2007

Postby mrp2007 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:21 am

Already had hairs pinging out of the skin. Also the shave knocked a lot of tops from the follicles. Those were irritating too.

Day4:
Slept ok to 3, more drugs (ibu and paracetamol only).
Watched a bit until tired and then went back to bed. slept a bit more. not to bad.
pain ok but now I have perineal discomfort and left testicle throbs a bit too. so no sitting up, only recliner and couch on my back. Thus went a bit forwards and a bit backwards.
Icepack on testicle and perineum helped lots.
And I did a poo! Without microlax! x3. Yay. Feel better for that.

All for now
mark
Activation on 13/12/2016
Wasn't ready before.

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:31 am

Mrp... you'll be ok... I had same bowel movement issue... took ducolex for first time in my life and was able to go next day
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Sounds like things are progressing nicely. . . funny to read all the "journey" stories of all of us bionic guys. . . all so different . . from pre-op to op to post-op. . . but so glad to read about so many good outcomes. I'm 12 weeks out and go back to doc tomorrow - still haven't been "activated" yet due to some healing issues with the glans but I'm thinking (hoping) tomorrow will be the day.
Congrats, welcome, and continued good healing to you!

Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:58 pm

Rick, best wishes to you! Watching to see how things go for you is one of the reasons I check on here from time to time. Yes, you are correct, everyone seems to have a differing level of recovery. Hope this time is YOUR time! Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”