ANY PROBLEMS AFTER IMPLANT SURGERY

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
joe456

Re: ANY PROBLEMS AFTER IMPLANT SURGERY

Postby joe456 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:03 pm

When did you have it done ? By who? Get it replace maybe
none

Toonarmy

Postby Toonarmy » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:48 am

HI, I got it done on the NHS in England, i doubt very much that id would get a replacement on the NHS unfortunately. I'm passed being angry about the situation, i have accepted it and need to focus on getting through the next 30-40 years lol as I'm almost 40, it will be tough but I have to choice but to get through it.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Toonarmy wrote:HI, I got it done on the NHS in England, i doubt very much that id would get a replacement on the NHS unfortunately. I'm passed being angry about the situation, i have accepted it and need to focus on getting through the next 30-40 years lol as I'm almost 40, it will be tough but I have to choice but to get through it.

I urge you to remember the spirit expressed by Winston Churchill on June 4, 1940 addressing Parliament on the successful evacuation of Dunkirk. "Never surrender".

The disastrous withdrawal from Europe had within it, the seed of victory, as you have within you.

Good luck

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

joe456

Postby joe456 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Don,t give up uo in Canada they can help It maybe about 6000$ for a new implant well worth it your still young
none

KarlB1706

Postby KarlB1706 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:28 pm

My first implant also quit working after about 7 years but pump just went flat and nothing worked. Went back to my original surgeon he confirmed that the implant was not working correctly and was scheduled to has it replaced. My first implant has stretched my penis enough that he had to put in one 5cm longer than my previous implant. So sometime there is an advantage to getting a replacement. With my second implant my erections are longer in length and bigger in girth. So I am quite pleased with my second implant. Good luck with the NHS and hopefully everything works out for you.

Karl
69 yrs old retired, first implant in 2009, second implant AMS 700 LGX implanted August 2015, Dallas, TX area

kemosabebiker

Postby kemosabebiker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:08 am

I have a number of problems with my Coloplast Titan implant. I am amazed at how much positive coverage this device receives. So much so, I wonder if Coloplast has employees whose job it is to delete any negative press on the product and embellish results. I have also looked high and low for some means of contacting Coloplast for answers. Their website seems to be devoid of any feedback, help, or contact information. Before I trash the product to much more, I am not sure if some of the problems are related to a bad procedure as well as a bad product.

Upfront, things were not explained to me and I did not have a choice of implants from my insurance provider. Like most guys here I went down the road from pills to injections and then the implant. I have photos which are less than a year old of my penis in an erect state when the injections still worked. I am not a big guy, perhaps 6" with decent girth. My penis was perfectly symmetrical and straight. Immediately after the operation I noticed my penis was much thinner and bent extremely to the left when flaccid - almost curving to a 45 degree angle. If I urinate standing up, the urine stream will hit the floor about 2 feet to the left of my left foot. The problem is the left side, which is clearly shorter than the right side causes this bend in either flaccid or erect state. So much so that sex is uncomfortable for my wife and I.

The second problem is that the left side seems to be flat internally. In an erect state, you can still feel how soft the left side is, while the right side is as hard as a rock - also not very pleasant. I have had repeated visits to the doctor who says everything is working great. This is totally untrue, but he seems to be in defensive mode. He claims the bend is because I have priapism. I never had that problem before surgery. I believe the left side tube is either twisted or kinked inside and was not properly placed.

The third problem is the placement and operation of the pump. I was told pre-op that my surgery would be from the bottom peno-scrotal. I was pleased with that since I would not have a noticeable scar and all of the plumbing would be below the penis. After I woke from the operation I discovered they went in from the front. Because of this, the pump placement in my scrotum is so high that the pump is wedged between my leg and penile shaft. It actually interferes with my walking, and I do not try to jog anymore. When I sit, the pump valve actually feels wedged up into my pelvic joint. I am 6 months post op and this still hurts. I can feel the inflation tubing rubbing against my penile shaft on the left side under my skin. Sometimes I feel like running to my toolbox and getting out an exacto knife and cutting it out. In addition the penile pump is obvious to anyone looking at me. It is a far cry from the promise that it is hidden down in your scrotum. It is up front and very high and looks like there is something wrong with me. The doctor is so proud of this placement he even sutured it up into this position and says it is in the perfect spot. I have also had the pump lock on me twice. I had to go to the Nurse Practitioner to unlock the pump. The pressure they applied to unlock the was so painful and it caused subdermal bleeding which hurt for weeks.

I am now almost six months post-op. At this time the pump area gets continuously hurt and bothers me constantly. The right top penile area below the glans still hurts and sometimes feels like it is on fire with a thousand needles stuck in it. It is extremely bent in either a flaccid or erect position. I have floppy top and the glans is soft and mushy. Bottom line is I am not having sex at all with it. This is by far the worst decision I have ever made. Worse yet, I see no recourse. The doctor is in full denial and swears he did a great job. I don't know where to find a second opinion because these guys all seem to protect each other, and I cant figure out how to contact Coloplast for help.

Even if this thing was working perfectly I am not at all pleased with the look and feel of the device. First, it is never flaccid. In a deflated state it is still pretty erect. The two tips of each inflatable tube are extremely hard. This causes chafing and irritation of the glans constantly rubbing against your clothing, unless you wear tighty whities to keep it from moving. It also seems to self inflate a little while standing. I often have to go to the restroom to deflate the device again.

Anyone have any advise? And thanks for reading - I have been trying to vent this for months.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:58 am

kemosabebiker,

Everything about your story sounds wrong and I really have compassion for you. This screams of incompetent and defensive surgeon. These devices have lifetime warranties, but I don't know if that would apply in your case. I do not think all the doctors cover for each other. I have heard a leading penile implant surgeon briefly mention misgivings about another guy. He was advising me to stay away from him for my activation (I live too far from my surgeon and don't want to fly back just for activation). Two of the reasons I picked my doctor was his transparency and reputation. He videos his procedures and posts many of them to Youtube, so he has nothing to hide. The proof is right there.

If you want his name, I'd be glad to give it to you and you could consider him for a revision. He does a lot of those and would be happy to help fix this.

Whatever, you shouldn't have to live this way. You deserve better. For a procedure with such a high satisfaction rate, you should have better results. Possibly if you could sue your surgeon or contact a medical licensing board. Raise some hell. I'm not sure what can be done, but if possible please don't just live with this.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

Lenny1965

Postby Lenny1965 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:46 pm

Kemo, what about going to another Urologist for a 2nd opinion? Please let us know how you make out.
Going with AMS in nov 2016. Provider is Coastal Urology Assoc, Brick, NJ, Dr. Kevin T. Gioia

kemosabebiker

Postby kemosabebiker » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:32 pm

jonbaldbg wrote:kemosabebiker,

Everything about your story sounds wrong and I really have compassion for you. This screams of incompetent and defensive surgeon. These devices have lifetime warranties, but I don't know if that would apply in your case. I do not think all the doctors cover for each other. I have heard a leading penile implant surgeon briefly mention misgivings about another guy. He was advising me to stay away from him for my activation (I live too far from my surgeon and don't want to fly back just for activation). Two of the reasons I picked my doctor was his transparency and reputation. He videos his procedures and posts many of them to Youtube, so he has nothing to hide. The proof is right there.

If you want his name, I'd be glad to give it to you and you could consider him for a revision. He does a lot of those and would be happy to help fix this.

Whatever, you shouldn't have to live this way. You deserve better. For a procedure with such a high satisfaction rate, you should have better results. Possibly if you could sue your surgeon or contact a medical licensing board. Raise some hell. I'm not sure what can be done, but if possible please don't just live with this.

I would really appreciate the name of your doctor. I live in the San Diego area, and the doctor I had works for an HMO. (You know they are never thrilled about spending money) I called another doctor in San Diego and he refused to look at me after I told him which Mega-HMO my doctor works in. I am so depressed with this surgery. When we thought this implant would renew our intimacy, my wife and I were so full of hope and talked all the time about it. Now we don't talk at all. Instead of renewing our relationship, it is destroying it. My doctor told me about the surgeon on YouTube with all the videos and told me he was a marketing expert and not a good surgeon.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:01 am

If your urologist was referring to Dr. Kramer, who posts all of his surgeries on YouTube, then I have to say he's full of it. Dr. Kramer is a damn good surgeon. And a very caring doctor.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Return to “Implants”