JB's implant journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
stiffupperlip

Re: JB's implant journal

Postby stiffupperlip » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 am

So you're never going back to Dr. Kramer? Personally if I ever need any revisions I'm going back to Kramer.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 am

stiffupperlip wrote:So you're never going back to Dr. Kramer? Personally if I ever need any revisions I'm going back to Kramer.

No, I'm not saying I'd never go back to Dr. Kramer. I still have high regard for him. Yes mine had a couple glitches, but I still believe in his work.

However, the guy Dr. Knoll in Nashville was recommended by Dr. Kramer and my revision was coordinated between the two of them. I'm not sure Knoll followed the plan they discussed once he got into surgery, but they did plan this out together. Knoll has done more implants than Dr. Kramer, but he's 20 years older. I've been told Knoll is who AMS sends all their revisions to.

So all in all, this revision should be right. I'm just frustrated and not sure what to do if this revision turns out bad. For now I have my fingers crossed.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

stiffupperlip

Postby stiffupperlip » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:11 am

I'm so glad we have this forum to talk to each other. Having surgery on your dick is so damn stressful. Women have no idea. And if you look through all the posts on this forum we all second guess everything after surgery. Which is completely normal.

I wonder what Knoll did differently than Kramer would have done. When I spoke to Dr. Kramer before surgery about repositioning the pump if that were an issue he said I could literally flew in on a Wednesday morning(I'm from out of state) and have the procedure done that afternoon and fly out on Thursday. So I can't imagine there would be that much swelling if Kramer did it.

I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm

stiffupperlip wrote:I'm so glad we have this forum to talk to each other. Having surgery on your dick is so damn stressful. Women have no idea. And if you look through all the posts on this forum we all second guess everything after surgery. Which is completely normal.

I wonder what Knoll did differently than Kramer would have done. When I spoke to Dr. Kramer before surgery about repositioning the pump if that were an issue he said I could literally flew in on a Wednesday morning(I'm from out of state) and have the procedure done that afternoon and fly out on Thursday. So I can't imagine there would be that much swelling if Kramer did it.

I'm sure everything will be fine in the end.

Dr. Kramer had described mine as a 5-minute procedure to fix. He later called it a 2-3 minute job. I believe what he had in mind was to splice in a bit of extra tubing and lower the pump. That is probably what he and Dr. Knoll discussed, but I don't know for sure. I'm almost 100% sure they did not discuss this extensive a procedure.

Not only was my pump high but the tubes connected along the left side of my dick and were in the way of intercourse. Knoll opened the corpora and got the tubing out of there which gave enough length to lower the pump without splices. He sewed the pump in place so it would not migrate. He had to cut around and deal with scar tissue and a sac that forms around the pump when it's healing. Therefore the swelling.

I am pretty sure Dr. Kramer would be doing a simple splice rather than revising the surgery.

Dr. Kramer has told me a higher pump was normally a non-issue and he hasn't had guys complaining about it until recently (I'm probably the one complaining!! don't know about others). I did read on Franktalk where he has addressed the issue and has eliminated the high pump. I don't know that for a fact, but someone watched a Youtube where he referred to it.

Good luck for you!!
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

williamb

Postby williamb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 pm

Jon, I also complained about a high pump on my original implant. It was not done by Dr. Kramer but it was fixed by Dr. Kramer when he did my revision. Not long after your original surgery
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 pm

williamb wrote:Jon, I also complained about a high pump on my original implant. It was not done by Dr. Kramer but it was fixed by Dr. Kramer when he did my revision. Not long after your original surgery

What did he do to fix it? I almost wish he'd have kept me on the week of my surgery and done a revision at that time. This is dragging out now. :-(

There's no doubt he is a gifted, brilliant surgeon. What did he do to fix yours?

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:13 pm

The irony is of course- when you needed the revision, the guy to do the job clearly WAS Dr. Kramer. Even though he may have been the guy who put the pump higher than you wanted- he's clearly, without a doubt, the most slick, skilled, efficient technician- as you've found out when you went to Knoll for this "little" revision. True, Kramer would have done it in 2 minutes with no pain or swelling. Knoll probably turned it into a 4 week big recovery. Maybe dance with the girl who brung you- Kramer was the guy who got you started, and he still is and remained the absolute best surgeon in any group you were considering... maybe have just gone back to him, or anyone considering a revision. He's just too good at these to not take notice.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:13 am

stringerbell wrote:The irony is of course- when you needed the revision, the guy to do the job clearly WAS Dr. Kramer. Even though he may have been the guy who put the pump higher than you wanted- he's clearly, without a doubt, the most slick, skilled, efficient technician- as you've found out when you went to Knoll for this "little" revision. True, Kramer would have done it in 2 minutes with no pain or swelling. Knoll probably turned it into a 4 week big recovery. Maybe dance with the girl who brung you- Kramer was the guy who got you started, and he still is and remained the absolute best surgeon in any group you were considering... maybe have just gone back to him, or anyone considering a revision. He's just too good at these to not take notice.

Hindsight is always better, isn't it. I definitely have a four-week recovery. Here's the way it went down. Dr. Kramer recommended Knoll to do my activation which makes sense. He's an hour away. Dr. K made the statement that he would do well, that he'd done even more of these operations than he himself had done, but Dr. Knoll was 20 years older. Still, that made him sound pretty good.

When it came time to decide on who would do the revision the thought of Knoll popped into my mind and I and Dr. Kramer discussed it. (My wife said "would you want to go back to the Dr. that didn't get it right to start with? I responded yes I would because he is still the best. But she did make a logical point). So anyway, knowing that Knoll's clinic is the largest urology clinic in the state of TN and know that Dr. Kramer thought that might be OK and would save me a whole trip back to Baltimore, he texted and finally talked to Knoll. After that, he said he absolutely felt fine about having Knoll do the work. They were on the same page.

When I went back to Knoll for the office visit, he did state that the pump is too high and that the tubing should not be running along the left side of my corpora like it was. He said he could fix it.

This is why I'm not sure I would have been happy with a simple splice. I do not know for sure if that tubing would have been ok left where it was or not.

One thing further. Dr. Kramer and I discussed at length the fact that I got an LGX, but the card I received said I got a CX with one 3.0 RTE. Dr. K specifically said he implanted without a rear tip extender so I would have a stronger column and more axial rigidity. He went back and checked his original video and said he could hear himself asking for the LGX. I asked Knoll to check for RTEs while he was in there and I did indeed have one RTE, so I am assuming the card was accurate.

I am not happy about the 4 week+ recovery and frankly, I'm not yet sure that the pump is in there correctly. I won't know that for a while when all the swelling goes away. I'm not happy I'm having to go through the discomfort again. I did feel good about Knoll's description of what he did during surgery which was that he had to deal with scar tissue, remove a sac around the pump, open the corpora to get the tubes out which then left enough natural tubing to lower the pump. Then he sewed the pump in place. If all that is successful I should be good to go and as Dr. Kramer said, "The important thing is how it turns out and he thought I would be fine." I believe Dr. Kramer emphasizes the positive and that is what he was doing in that statement too. I just hope he's right.

So, if I'd gone back to Baltimore would I have still had tubing in the left side higher up or not? I don't know. Even, though Dr. Kramer said the higher pump was a non-issue I still don't quite understand how this could have happened in the first place. I put my faith in him.

My deal is this - I still think Kramer is a top notch, world-class surgeon, one of the best if not the best. But for some reason, I didn't get what I needed and probably didn't get the model implant we'd discussed. But I still have high regard for him in that he's not only a good surgeon but a wonderfully compassionate and caring doctor. Would I recommend him, yes?

Knowing what I know now, I would have gone to him with my concerns that included having a low pump. He was intentional to address the concerns I did discuss with him. I just never expected to need to mention a low pump.

But, inothing in life is perfect, so we do what we need and move forward. Like I said, I just hope this ends up not needing another revision. But we will see :(

longdayze

Postby longdayze » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:43 am

Jon, I think you were in capable hands with both doctors. With the quantity of surgery implants both have performed speaks volumes. As we all read on this forum, members are very forward speaking when dissatisfied with their outcomes, and both if these doctors are held in very high regard. I think after you finish the healing process things will be much better. I know it's tough, everyday that passes you become more anxious but let's hope for a great outcome. You have been thru so much in such a short amount of time, I and other members can only wish for the best outcome possible.
Sam
Had Titan 18cm + 1cm RTE on 1-5-17, blotched surgery, cylinders short. Had revision on 3-15-17 Dr. Kramer to a Titan 22 +1 RTE. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiEZyTjSM2M

Sam

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:04 am

longdayze wrote:Jon, I think you were in capable hands with both doctors. With the quantity of surgery implants both have performed speaks volumes. As we all read on this forum, members are very forward speaking when dissatisfied with their outcomes, and both if these doctors are held in very high regard. I think after you finish the healing process things will be much better. I know it's tough, everyday that passes you become more anxious but let's hope for a great outcome. You have been thru so much in such a short amount of time, I and other members can only wish for the best outcome possible.
Sam

Thanks, man. I don't mean to bitch, but when I decided to get an implant I decided I would journal it here for all to see. Other men's comments had been so very helpful to me. At that point in time, I didn't really read much negative about anything, I've seen more of that since I continued using this website. Anyway, not meaning to bitch and I hope you, Dr. Kramer, and Dr. Knoll are right. It will turn out ok.

Return to “Implants”