Week 1 post op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Mimsy8

Week 1 post op

Postby Mimsy8 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi Guys

I've had Ed for about 10 years but like an idiot chose to ignore it as it was still just about functional.
The cause for my Ed was diabetes which I've had for about 20 years I'm now 40.

I wanted a Titan device that expanded in length as well as girth but the surgeon decided he'd put in an AMS700 CX having agreed previously on the titan. I guess he thought the AMS was a better fit for me.

Post op, day 1, felt like someone hit me in the balls with lump hammer. Everything was really sore, tender, bruised, dark red patches.

Interestingly when I came round I was faced with a semi hard on, not very big but still Id not experienced the morning horn for 10 years! I thought that was funny.

Pre op i had a natural left curvature which I was told would be straitened post op. When I came round to see my splendid new semi election the left curve was still there?
Turns out the head wasn't sitting straight on the shaft. I was momentarily very cross about that. But what can you do, to late to cry now.
I really hope this will get sorted out when I see my surgeon for the week 1 post op review.

Since the op it's been very uncomfortable, I left hospital in a semi inflated state and trying to walk with a semi is embarrassing but most importantly it's extremely painful.

At day 5 post op I'm generally really unhappy with the week 1 outcome so far.
Length about 4 inches, head sits off to the left, everything is tender, balls 50% bigger, can feel the pump when I sit down (painful), I now walk like John Wayne, pubic hair stubble cuts into me when I walk.
10 years ago (I know it's a long time ago) I was 7inches I hoped I get back to 5-6 inches and can be straight with the head sitting firmly in place?

Does this all sound familiar to you?
Should I be worried, do you think the surgeon just had a bad day when I happened to be on the table?

Thanks for your comments.

oddjob

Re: Week 1 post op

Postby oddjob » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:39 pm

Mimsy8

Don't freak out just yet...it's easy to have some fear post-surgery...trust me, you can really believe things did not go well, when it's completely normal.

Contact your doc and ask some questions...you will find the post op stuff is normal and within a 2 week period, everything will be much improved!

Oddjob
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

Return to “Implants”