surgeon expertise

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
seamus

surgeon expertise

Postby seamus » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Can anyone refer me to an independent source to inquire and verify the experience and expertise of penile implant surgeon scheduled to do my surgery in 4 weeks? I asked him how many procedures he performed and he replied with a staggering number which I of course was delighted to hear. But I would like to "trust and verify" as President Reagan used to say. I've called other urologists in the San Diego area but could not get their cooperation, and I checked online and got some, but limited, positive feedback. Is their a medical society somewhere that helps the patient in this situation.? The reputation of this surgeon, it seems, is not that well known.

stringerbell

Re: surgeon expertise

Postby stringerbell » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:47 pm

I'm curious, who's the guy in San Diego doing it, because there can't be a staggering number guy out there, doesn't exist I think. The Kramer, Eid, etc names that keep coming up are on the east coast, they're the guys doing staggering numbers. Just curious, because the story he's telling you seems to me if you verified it, the story you're getting isn't true.

seamus

Postby seamus » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:00 pm

His name will be undisclosed for the time being until I complete my due diligence. But the local online medical review says succinctly words to the effect:
Most recently, he has completed specialized training to learn the newest techniques in men’s urinary incontinence and minimally invasive surgery for impotence. (He) is a frequent training instructor for other surgeons wanting to learn the latest "state of the art" techniques in penile implant surgery.
He also is highly recommended by colleagues of mine who share membership in a prostate cancer support group in San Diego. This urologist is a frequent guest lecturer at the group's regular monthly meetings. He is appealing in all respects but I just don't have confirmation of the extent of his penile implant surgery.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Seamus is talking about Dr. John Grimaldi. Have you guys heard of him? he is a bit new in the game, shall i say, based on what we see online and on this forum?

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:37 am

seamus wrote:...until I complete my due diligence....

Have you asked him or his office if prior patients are willing to give testimonials?

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:13 am

I have never seen his name and I've been here reading for over 18 months which is counting the year of research. I have never seen his name anywhere. I know Eid and Dr. Kramer as a long flight but think about it. Do you want someone who has nice things written, member of a group who has done maybe a few hundred or someone who has done over in the thousands? Select someone who has great experience as this is not to be taken lightly.

Make the flight and you will never regret it.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:05 am

If you want to stay on the West coast you might check out Edward Karpman in Mountain View. He gets good reviews and does lots of implants.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

seamus

Postby seamus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks for your input.
Yes, Dr. Grimaldi has offered access to his prior patients which I have not done yet, but intend to do so.
While I appreciate the rave reviews of Drs. Eid, Kramer, Perito, etc., I also believe there are many highly skilled urosurgeons who do not share their professional skills on UTUBE, who toil quietly for their patients and do it very well.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Indeed there are, and we hope you are successful in your quest for a normal sex life. Good luck!

Return to “Implants”