fat to skinny

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jelizondo12

fat to skinny

Postby jelizondo12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:31 pm

I have a AMS 700cx as of 6/1/2015 and have had a lot of sex since then. After a long intercourse session with the wife I noticed that my penis gets skinny losing almost half its girth when I pull it out. I shake it a little bit and give it a couple more pumps and the girth is recovered. I screw a bit more and pull it out and again it's skinny. Has anybody had this experience with their implant or know how to stop it from happening during intercourse.

Lost Sheep

Re: fat to skinny

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:29 pm

95% certain it is a leaky valve. 5% a leak in the system. The difference being where the saline solution (your hydraulic fluid) is going. If the valve, the fluid is returning to the reservoir. If an external leak (connector, tubing or the inflatable tubes), you will find eventually that you cannot pump up.

If this have been going on for some time, it is certainly a valve leak, not an external leak.

Fixing it is another question. Surgical removal and replacement is a lot of trouble. So, I would hope that cycling the valve emphatically multiple times would allow the valve parts to "seat" properly and get a good seal.

This advice from someone who does not have an implant, but does have some experience with mechanical devices.

Good luck.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Try this to test it. Alone without a partner. Pump your implant to the max. Wait about 5 minutes and try to give it a couple more pumps until it's maxxed out again. After that, it should keep its hardness and size. If not, there is a problem

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Talk to the guys who made the pump: AMS/Boston Scientific 1-800-328-3881 X6261

That the valves are not seating correctly sounds right. Maybe, their engineers could make a recommendation.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:17 pm

thanks I will call AMS first thing tomorrow and then my doctor depending on what I am told. I thought somewhere that by squeezing the sides of the pump ( on the square areas on top) would reset the valves (maybe?)

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:27 pm

The same thing happened to my POS AMS CX, all I can say is see your doc. Sorry for being so blunt.

jelizondo12

Postby jelizondo12 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:56 pm

well I called AMS and talked to a rep and after explaining the problem her solution was just to keep pumping. then she stated it was normal to have some bypass leakage DUH. I am waiting for a call back from my doctor to get a better answer

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:20 pm

As a general rule, I try to take the name(s) of everyone I talk to. To give credit where they deserve a pat on the back and to have an audit trail where I got less than proper help. (Knowing I have their name also tends to keep peop0le on their toes, too.)

"Bypass leakage" may be normal, but if she did not ask how quickly deflation occurs, she did not do her job and her supervisor would appreciate knowing where re-training would be most effective. In a word, "accountability".

Good luck.

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”