Is a malleable somtimes a better choice?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Is a malleable somtimes a better choice?

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:34 am

A few things the semi-rigid/malleable implant have going for it over the inflatable seem to be:

1) longer service life (though I have not found any testimonials, there are many more modes of failure of the inflatable design over the malleable.semi-rigid). Many failures have to do with tubes, connectors and other peripherals.

2) the inflatable has a lot more surface area to harbor risk of infection or scar tissue.

3) ease of use (pumping up for a man with compromised manual dexterity is an issue). For use, all one must do is point the thing in the right direction and after use, bend it to an unobtrusive position. As far as I know, one could leave it in place during sleep without difficulty.

4) no extra parts taking up space in the scrotum or the reservoir in the abdomen.

Drawbacks seem to be concentrated in two areas -

Length loss: from before and after implantation and

Concealment: the difficulty of dealing with "the bulge" because the penis is the same size, length and girth, in use or at rest.

So, here's my dilemma. The Veteran's Administration has already identified my hands as being of "compromised dexterity", so I expect I will need to argue hard to get an inflatable. I wonder if it is worth the arguing. Neither of the objections may apply to me very much.

Concealment:

When erect, I am only a little over five inches. Keeping that length unobtrusive in public, even in a Speedo or public shower, may not be that much of a problem.

Length loss:

Complaints of shorter length seem to come mostly from men in excess of 6 inches or more (pre-ED).

With an inflatable, length difference between flaccid and erect is reported to be near zero. That is, If I get an inflatable, I am likely to have a permanent, skinny 5" penis when flaccid and a girthier 5" penis when erect. It seems to me that with a malleable/semi-rigid, I will have an equally girthy 5" penis in use or erect, the only difference being where it is pointed (into my partner or elsewhere).

Can anyone enlighten me (particularly guys who are my size) if my suppositions are correct or not?

Could it be that I am among the minority of men who would be better served by a semi-rigid/malleable?

Two other questions:

Is the girth of a semi-rigid/malleable as firm as with an inflatable?

Is the rigidity of the semi-rigid/malleable as rigid (beam strength, civil engineers call it) as the inflatable?

Lost Sheep

p.s. Of course, my partner could not "watch it grow", but on the other hand, she could enjoy it even while I am asleep-and wake me if she likes.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

wasim1

Re: Is a malleable somtimes a better choice?

Postby wasim1 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:35 am

Hello SIR
Did u have ur Implant done if so then how is it going on?
r u happy with the size?
any problem with implant?
how about the pain post operation?

TwoStep

Postby TwoStep » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:53 am

I thought you were happy with the inflatable? Are you due for a revision?

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:45 am

I’ve read that erosion is more prevalent with a mallleable.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:47 pm

[quote="Lost Sheep"]A few things the semi-rigid/malleable implant have going for it over the inflatable seem to be:

LS old buddy, I just asked that same question a month plus ago. My hands are getting weaker too. Plus the outward straight out angle is now a major problem, causes me to slip out. Doc said take meds for my hands and wait. One problem AMS pointed out was that the 13mm malleable cylinders would likely cause me to have issues peeing again. Had my prostate removed to solve that. The 9mm cylinders that they recommended would likely give me less than 4 inch girth. Tell the doc that you will use VED after malleable implant and maybe he will give you your current length. Erosion is a major concern.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:02 pm

Hey guys, this is a really old thread. Lostsheep has a 3 piece implant. Hes been happy with it for several years. Check his signature line.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:46 pm

DougAnd wrote:
Lost Sheep wrote:A few things the semi-rigid/malleable implant have going for it over the inflatable seem to be:

LS old buddy, I just asked that same question a month plus ago. My hands are getting weaker too. Plus the outward straight out angle is now a major problem, causes me to slip out. Doc said take meds for my hands and wait. One problem AMS pointed out was that the 13mm malleable cylinders would likely cause me to have issues peeing again. Had my prostate removed to solve that. The 9mm cylinders that they recommended would likely give me less than 4 inch girth. Tell the doc that you will use VED after malleable implant and maybe he will give you your current length. Erosion is a major concern.

That's funny from 2016 wonder how it got back up? I was going to add that the first thing doc asked me was if my wife had gripping problems.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:43 pm

Wasim1 posted to that thread asking a question of LS. At that time LS didn't have an implant. He has 1 now.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:08 pm

wasim1 wrote:Hello SIR
Did u have ur Implant done if so then how is it going on?
r u happy with the size?
any problem with implant?
how about the pain post operation?

Yes, a while ago (see my signature below) It works GREAT.

I would be happier if I could get to a full 6" erect just because I like round numbers. But I was exactly the same size a month after implant as I was the day before, so I am happy with the size.

Post-op pain was manageable and the results are well worth it. WELL worth it.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

wasim1

Postby wasim1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:28 pm

i M Happy for u and wish u have a enjoyable sex life
which company Malleable did u have?

Return to “Implants”