QUestion about infections

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
soulforged

QUestion about infections

Postby soulforged » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:29 am

i saw andrew kramer saying in one of his videos that the semi rigid has a super duper low infection rate(said he never saw one get infected)
does that mean most of the infection are because the pump/reservoir?

dg_moore

Re: QUestion about infections

Postby dg_moore » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:46 am

I'd guess probably not the pump/reservoir per se, but just the fact that the surgery is more invasive so there's more opportunity for infection to occur.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:28 pm

it speaks to 2 things:

1. the semirigid device itself has very little surface area, and nothing in the sack. So with no pump or reservoir, and just surface area in the penis, much less exposure to what makes them get infected. some folks believe it always starts in the scrotum, so semirigid rules that out

2. Kramer is beyond one of the best- he's probably THE best, US and world, so his infection rates and going to be better than what you'll see except for a handful of places in the world. So that's the 2nd factor. Kramer only knows what he sees, and to him the infection rate is just that low

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:43 pm

I will say if you look at a top guy like Kramer or Eed in new york- the steps they take to prevent infection is extreme. A few of dr. krater's videos show like 7 or 8 big steps and drapes and scrubs at the beginning plus eedd in new york has the no touch. it all helps

Return to “Implants”