What's the maximum penis girth of AMS CX?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
psyched123

What's the maximum penis girth of AMS CX?

Postby psyched123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:49 pm

I had an AMS 700 CX implanted last November by Morey in Dallas, but it's installation was botched. Not only did the right tube not reach the glans by 1.5cm, but the pump flattens and stops filling when only 60-70% full. Very fortunately, both problems have not prevented me from enjoying sex. The left tube is into the glans and prevents "floppy glans" and the inflation amount is sufficient for intercourse.

Last week I saw Dr. Bryan Kansas in Austin who I immediately liked and respected. He is probably the highest volume surgeon in Central Texas and impressed me with how easy he is to talk to and how much he knows his stuff. His advice is to leave the tubes in and just repair the pump issue. Since there is a good placement of the left tube, the floppy glans issue is addressed and the lack of full extension of the right tube is not causing any other problems. He just wants to go into the scrotum, find what's causing the pump to stop filling (reservoir or tube issue) and fix it. Minimal surgery and minimal recovery. Sounds really good to me!

However, I have been disappointed with the girth of my CX implant and am wondering if that lack of girth is coming from the lack of complete filling of the tubes. I have been toying with getting a Titan as long as I'm in surgery to gain girth. Does anyone here know what the penis girth measurement would be if the CX tubes were filled to the max?
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

maxxxxx

Re: What's the maximum penis girth of AMS CX?

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:23 pm

18mm ams cx versus 21mm titan coloplast. The remaing of girth is from your residual natural erection
Titan 24cm . December 2015

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Thanks. Those measurements are the max girth of the tubes. Does anyone know the total penis girth measurement if inflated to the max? I know there will be variation depending on the amount of erectile tissue involved. However, does anyone have a penis girth measurement of an AMS CX that they know is fully expanded?
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

Boulder

Postby Boulder » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:55 pm

From what I've read and seen when you place the AMS and the Coloplast side by side the difference is like a cigarette and a cigar with the Coloplast being the cigar. Have the doc show you both. Also, before you do the surgery ask for a CT scan with the devise pumped up. A friend of mine had the same problem and after 3 unsuccessful surgeries to attempt to add extenders and fluid, they had to take the whole devise out and when they did they found one of the tubes had a "bubble" in it, thus the cylinders could not fill fully, and no amount of extenders or fluid would fix that.

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks, Boulder. I'll do that. However, Dr. Kansas did say that one thing he suspected was a bubble in one of the tubes and he'd take care of that if that's what he finds. How does that particular issue get fixed?

Also, he put a Titan and an AMS side by side and I watched him pump both up to the max. I could see a little difference in girth size, but it sure wasn't much. Certainly, not cigarette and cigar. 3mm is a pretty small difference when you look at it. However, I'm open to going through all the pain of replacing the cylinders if the final penis girth result is truly impressive. By looking at the two maxed out, I couldn't make a case for switching from what I saw.

I'm old enough and suspicious enough to wonder about the cigarette-cigar demonstration, especially when I saw the comparison with my own eyes. Could the cigarette-cigar have been done by someone selling Coloplast and the AMS was left a bit under inflated on purpose?
Last edited by psyched123 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:18 pm

psyched123 wrote:Thanks. Those measurements are the max girth of the tubes. Does anyone know the total penis girth measurement if inflated to the max? I know there will be variation depending on the amount of erectile tissue involved. However, does anyone have a penis girth measurement of an AMS CX that they know is fully expanded?

Repeat: 18mm fully inflated ams - 21mm fully inflated coloplast.

I'm 6 inch (15 cm) of girth with titan 21mm because i ve large penis and residual erection.. Another man has 13 cm with same 21mm titan because has smaller penis or less erection etc etc ...Ok ?
Titan 24cm . December 2015

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm 5 3/4" with my AMS inflated now and the pump isn't doing the complete job. I may be to be around 6" with the tubes I've got now when I can fully inflate. I'll probably take Dr. Kansas's advice, stick with these tubes, and see what happens with a fully functioning pump.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:53 pm

I have had both a CX and an LGX and noted that the LGX increases the girth much more than the CX did. Just my two cents' worth.

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:06 pm

David, that's very interesting. The AMS - Coloplast comparison Dr. Kansas showed me was between a Titan and a LGX, not a CX as I have. I thought that all AMS tubes (CX and LGX) were the same inflated diameter. Perhaps wrong about that.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:34 pm

It's a great question, because it's true, the coloplast is way thicker when you look side by side, no doubt. Much harder and thicker. the AMS looks like it starts skinny, then stretches to be similar (but not as thick) in size. But here's what I'm curious about, and maybe one of the guys can help me understand. When you get an erection, your penis is hard due to having a lot of blood on the inside. No one has a hard "lining" of their penis and then they have a harder erection. So does the liner, or material of the cylinder matter? Because isn't it a function of how much or little salt water you pump into them? I'm just curious, I guess if you hard a metal implant filled with saline it'd be way harder than one made of plastic (for stupid analogy purposes). But these two brands have different liners or material but same saline in the inside. Does one "make" the penis harder if it's just a material/liner not the blood or saline in the inside?
I'm really just curious. If the material is what makes it hard, then coloplast titan is harder hands down. Thicker? I think they're close to equal, advantage coloplast titan again but very slightly. Maybe merrix, alibaba, some of the really insightful guys out there can help me with this one.

Return to “Implants”