Reached my limit. VANDERBILT MEDICAL CENTER

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Reached my limit. VANDERBILT MEDICAL CENTER

Postby alibaba » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Y'all have read my EXTREMELY disappointing experience being implanted at Vanderbilt University by Dr. Milam. Out of a $70,000+ bill, there was a remaining balance of $83.00. I discussed here not paying it because of the VERY CRAPPY medical care and service though as far as I know, I've never stiffed anyone on a bill in my life. Still been debating it. The last few days, Vanderbilt has been calling DAILY wanting the balance including repeated electronic messages Sunday and Monday holiday. I returned their call and told them to sue me for it. I also told them that due to them having a doctor and staff who refused to discuss my concerns and medical staff who gave me meds I should not have and would not correct them, that they had already received CONSIDERABLE consideration for their poor service, I was not paying the tiny percentage of the original bill remaining. Also told her to put it in my record if they refuse to write it off and sue that I will respond with a countersuit for malpractice. My attorney was here Tuesday afternoon and I advised him that is what I intend to do if I hear any more from them. Part of me wants them to pursue it. I thought piling on more work than I need and longer days would take my mind off this thing but as I adjust to an insane work schedule I find myself dwelling more and more on this SHITTY implant again. The tubing has been quite sore the last few days also which is not helping. I've been doing a lot of walking which seems to make this high placed pump move back and forth working the tubes with each step and by the end of the day I feel raw where the tubing goes around my dick, though the irritation is internal, it feels like rug burned skin. It still feels that way from yesterday's walking so it is getting to the point there is no relief. I think more proof Eid is correct that active or younger men should never be implanted infrapubic not have an LGX w/o tip extenders if they have any size. Something is going to have to give here. Requesting my insurance to wave the penalties for a Kramer re-implant but it does not sound like it is going to happen. I do not know what the issue is but it sounds like there is bad blood on the side the insurance company is mad at Vanderbilt. Vanerbilt's story may sound the same, who knows?
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dirtman1993

Re: Reached my limit. VANDERBILT MEDICAL CENTER

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:37 pm

It is against the law to call on sunday, you can send certified ltd. advising them to no longer call and only contact by mail. Should they continue, keep record and sue along with filling with locating fed gov. dept. that can assist.

Good luck
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

hardernharder

Postby hardernharder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:30 pm

Another example that infrapubic could lead to complications.
I don't know way they are keep doing it?
Having a bad surgery just makes it worst.
you have a very strong case..... pursue it!
Best Wishes

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:36 am

hardernharder wrote:Another example that infrapubic could lead to complications.
Best Wishes

I don't want to sue anyone, but if they want to make a push for that last $83, I am going to push back harder. My limit switch is about to trigger. They could admit they gave shitty service and say I am sorry instead of robo calling daily wanting that last $83 which is decimal points beyond < 1% of the bill.
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:40 am

Wow, $ 70,000 - I'm speechless. In Germany you would pay something in the region of $ 26,000, everything included, even some days staying at the hospital. I don't have any issues with my implant, except that my lady want's to make love every day ;) She said that she can't feel any difference to a 'real' dick, she simply adores mine.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

Toonarmy

Postby Toonarmy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:16 am

$70k ! wow, i got mine for free on the NHS in the UK, couldnt fault the care I received, it was superb.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:51 pm

It's all about the money here in the states. Meds that cost $90,000 can be bought in India for $300 and customs seizes them so we cannot order them overseas. I heard from a guy the other day whose bill for his implant was $108,000 and his insurance and Medicare paid for it. I told him they surely paid a reduced amount and re scanned the paperwork and sent it to me. They paid the whole freaking thing! He had to pay $2800 of it. Gets worse and it is insane. Locally it costs $345 to see a doctor at a walk in clinic now. If you have no insurance and self pay, you have to leave a credit card at the desk or give a check. I see many people walk out as they cannot afford it. I went to the dentist for a procedure that was covered by insurance recently. They called my insurance and obtained an authorization number but I still had to give a credit card in case the insurance company did not pay everything that was billed. They charge $645 on my card and then the doctors office sent me a check for $332 when the insurance company paid them 45 days later. The balance was for billed items not allowed and denied by the insurance company, all of it fluff in my opinion to pad up the bill. Doctors in our community own more farm land and the majority of the commercial property. Much much more than 20 years ago. It appears at the rate they are buying property they have more money than they know what to do with. Our property is surrounded by property purchased by 1 doctor who buys every piece that comes on the market. He has thousands of acres now. So far he has not paid less than $5600 an acre for any of it though some started out with asking prices close to $10k an acre. Worth more if he chopped it up into small tracts.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

hardernharder wrote:Another example that infrapubic could lead to complications.
Best Wishes

Infrapublic can lead to complications but so can the scrotal approach in the hands of a lousy surgeon. Some doctors swear by the infrapublic approach and are very successful with it. I agree with you about the apparent merits of legal action.

KMeister

Return to “Implants”