Penis Reconstruction..

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
smallbutsure

Re: Penis Reconstruction..

Postby smallbutsure » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm going to bump this and reply in case you or someone else who is serious about penis reconstruction finds this at some point. I met with a top plastic surgeon at Stanford yesterday to talk about penile reconstruction, because I have lost feeling in my penis too, and the thing seems worse than what an implant could provide. What he told me is he would be reluctant to do surgery unless you are actually missing part of your penis. The patients whose penises he has reconstructed in the past were missing large parts of theirs due to penile cancer and amputation. He actually had a urologist who has apparently done many urological surgeries in the room with us at the time.

The urologist answered a lot of the questions that I asked, as the plastic surgeon deferred to him on most of the issues. In regards to the sensation, the urologist said it may just be lost forever. They cannot repair the nerve damage. I also have the nearly total loss of sensation that you described.

This surgery does exist, however, but you would need to me missing some of your penis. Here is the biography of the plastic surgeon in case someone reading this is interested.
https://profiles.stanford.edu/gordon-lee

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:27 pm

smallbutsure wrote:I'm going to bump this and reply in case you or someone else who is serious about penis reconstruction finds this at some point. I met with a top plastic surgeon at Stanford yesterday to talk about penile reconstruction, because I have lost feeling in my penis too, and the thing seems worse than what an implant could provide. What he told me is he would be reluctant to do surgery unless you are actually missing part of your penis. The patients whose penises he has reconstructed in the past were missing large parts of theirs due to penile cancer and amputation. He actually had a urologist who has apparently done many urological surgeries in the room with us at the time.

The urologist answered a lot of the questions that I asked, as the plastic surgeon deferred to him on most of the issues. In regards to the sensation, the urologist said it may just be lost forever. They cannot repair the nerve damage. I also have the nearly total loss of sensation that you described.

This surgery does exist, however, but you would need to me missing some of your penis. Here is the biography of the plastic surgeon in case someone reading this is interested.
https://profiles.stanford.edu/gordon-lee

I have had it. I wasn't missing parts but lots of other problems. My shaft use to be my scrotum.

Larry

mrg5870

Postby mrg5870 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:24 pm

hello smallbutsure. thanks for reply..can you please tell your story? what was cause of your injury? thanks friend

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Perhaps his story is a good lesson for men using penis pumps or thinking about it. I suppose just about everything can be misused and doing so can often have catastrophic consequences. Major bummer all around.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Implants”