My Journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dirtman1993

My Journey

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:01 pm

This posting will be updated as time passes and will start here.

About three years ago I realized my erection was failing when I would masturbate and getting worse. I had just lost my wife of 29 years and thought it was due to lack of sex while we fought Ovarian Cancer for three years and our sex life pretty much ceased during that period. After not being able to achieve a normal erection from 2011 to 2013 I had met someone and decided to search for a remedy. I spent many hours on franktalk and also searching the web for all options. Pills failed, VED was great for filling the tube and helping recover the size I was at one time. My doctor said use it or lose it. Very true as some size had left but upon using the vacuum device, it returned.

My new partner and I found it cumberston and not very appealing. Found Penile Implants online and started to view on YouTube and watched. The first time I turned it off and thought Oh My God I can't do that. After a period I did watch and than decided to search for the best. I read hundreds of articles about various doctors and determined there are three who stood out and also performed a very high volume. Most men here seem to suggest going to a High Volume doctor for the best results. You have Dr. Garber, Dr. Eid, Dr. Kramer and Dr. Connell. the first three seem to be at the top of the list and Dr. Kramer at the very top. Only my opinion and whoever you select you must have complete faith in and wait till you find the one you do. Second guessing for this is not the thing to do.

My surgery was March 2nd in Baltimore and Dr. Kramer and his staff are the best. I have a terrible fear of needles and they handled it with great results. I live in NC and home now and very happy with results. I go back the end of March for the inflate and it will be nice to see all the folks who have helped me on my journey. My confidence is back knowing my erections will not fail.

Some things you read here I have been able to avoid (constipation, terrible pain) by following my doctors directions. I have used Ice, Pain Pills, and yes there is some swelling which is expected as he had to do some special work on the lower side as you can see on the Youtube (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARffLfGOlA0) video I asked hhim to post. Bruising, yes but leaving now and no problem. Tonight I get to shower and wash that area with mild soap.

Tried to add photos but file to big. Will work on that and update as soon as possible. For now, I will try to post them below this. Will file inflating for the first time and placed here if allowed. I have signed up here to help others in my area if requested. Once healed and operational, I will be on the "Show and Tell" list so you would contact the Administrator here I guess. Not sure how that will work. I have no problem telling anyone what has been done and maybe it will help them in the future. Take the leap and pick the best, Dr. Kramer is always here for me and will be for you. He is as good a person as he is a surgeon.

Photos added shows how much swelling was present after surgery.
Attachments
IMG_0591.JPG
IMG_0591.JPG (94.94 KiB) Viewed 4413 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

dirtman1993

Re: My Journey

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Day 2 after surgery and some swelling along with bruising due to additional work required. Very pleased with progress and doctor is also. Be sure to keep you doctor informed as to your progress and photos are the best way. Dr. Kramer responds to all my questions the day I submit and most times within an hour except for Surgery day.

Will post more at the one week mark and going forward. Now I get to shower and today is the first day to use some MILD SOAP in the surgical area.
Attachments
Day 2 - 1.jpg
Day 2 - 1.jpg (69.33 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
Day 2 - 3.jpg
Day 2 - 3.jpg (74.88 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
Day 2 - 4.jpg
Day 2 - 4.jpg (79.27 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:18 pm

Congrats. Thanks for the updates. Looking forward to hearing how things progress!!!!
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 am

One week update:

Swelling 90% gone, area on penis head almost healed, and have learned already that what some call "Floppy Head" is not present. Blood flow to penis head is as before in that it fills with blood when thinking about what is coming after first inflate. I can feel the difference between the partial inflate and while day dreaming about having sex. Bruising is leaving and things only getting better. Can view stitches on the underside

Some areas on surface still healing from being shaved but no big deal. Applying some mild cream to area to help heal. Very happy with progress and HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kramer. Just a few adjectives to describe him, Caring, accessible, superior technician, and as one other patient stated who was also a doctor, "Watch his hands".

The level of care and professionalism showed me by the University of Maryland and HIS staff are exceptional. When a man is allowing someone to perform this operation they want the very best and total belief everything will be alright, see Dr. Kramer.
Attachments
week 1 pic 2.jpg
week 1 pic 2.jpg (49.29 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
week 1 pic 3.jpg
week 1 pic 3.jpg (57.71 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
week one stitches.jpg
week one stitches.jpg (69.82 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:The level of care and professionalism showed me by the University of Maryland and HIS staff are exceptional. When a man is allowing someone to perform this operation they want the very best and total belief everything will be alright, see Dr. Kramer.

I had the same positive experience as you had with Dr. Kramer and everyone with whom I came into contact at the University of Maryland. I hope and expect that your journey from this point forward also will be as good as mine has been.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:08 pm

thanks for sharing it with us, especially the photos! it helps so much to get a better idea of the recovery itself. Hope all goes well to you!

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 am

Doing much better today and pain associated with "Reservoir" has mostly disappeared. Very minor today and discomfort in penis itself is also leaving. Very pleased and I can only thank the Dr. and his team. Below is a picture I received from Dr. Kramer Wed. and wish I could post the entire group and being a chicken around doctors, they were the best for me. This Dr. Kramer and Patrick on Right
Attachments
image1[1]-2.jpg
image1[1]-2.jpg (79.1 KiB) Viewed 4048 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:37 pm

dirtman1993 wrote:Doing much better today and pain associated with "Reservoir" has mostly disappeared. Very minor today and discomfort in penis itself is also leaving. Very pleased and I can only thank the Dr. and his team. Below is a picture I received from Dr. Kramer Wed. and wish I could post the entire group and being a chicken around doctors, they were the best for me.

I'm jealous. First Dr. Kramer says in your video that he was "smitten" with you and the Mrs. and now he is sending you pics. The two of you have quite a bromance going. :mrgreen:

All joking aside, I think the world of Dr. Kramer and his team. If I recall correctly, Patrick has been with Dr. Kramer for over 10 years and everyone with whom I dealt not only was very nice to me but seemed to like their co-team members. One thing that I have learned over the years in my profession, is that when people have a team that works well together, they do a much better and more efficient job than when there is high turnover or dissention within the team.

I am glad to hear that your pain is leaving. I had pain for nine days after my surgery and then I woke up on day 10 and it had disappeared overnight. Everyone's recovery is different. But, after day 9, mine was incredibly rapid.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:49 am

Dr. Kramer and Patrick have been together for 10+ years as you said and the team he has is great. Going back March 28th to inflate and hope to get photo of his entire team to post if ok with them. My late wife and I spent many weeks in Houston as she fought Ovarian Cancer at MD Anderson. The university of Maryland and MD Anderson have one very important thing in common, superior teamwork.

Going to see if I can video first inflate when there and post along with more photos as healing continues. I have signed up for 'Show and Tell" for men in my area so I can help others as I wish I had this for me when I was searching. :ugeek:

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:40 am

March 11th and doing better. Area where reservoir is located still sore but still doing better everyday. The only thing I notice is the hair on the left side of penis is poking my penis and need to keep shaved. Going to see if I can get removed so I can stop shaving. Bruising is much better and will post additional photos later showing improvement and area where stitches are. My future wife said it appeared some have already come out. Still 15/20% inflated and need to move around when driving due to type of underwear. Switched to SAXX and much better now. Some slight discomfort in Penis yet but what do you expect when as I say (roto rooter) took place. Such a good medical term. Looking forward to putting it to use.
Attachments
March 11 Bruising Leaving 1.jpg
March 11 Bruising Leaving 1.jpg (176.34 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
Scabs March 12.JPG
Scabs March 12.JPG (28.71 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
Stitches March 11.JPG
Stitches March 11.JPG (29.8 KiB) Viewed 3725 times
Last edited by dirtman1993 on Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Implants”