LGX vs Titan

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jackpTenn

LGX vs Titan

Postby jackpTenn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:58 pm

I have seen several post and have been asked if the Titan would be a better choice because of problems with revision, etc. I dediced to go to an expert for his opinion.

This is a copy of the email I sent Todd Doran at Vanderbilt and his responce.

Jackp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon 2/15/2010 8:22 PM
To: Doran, Todd James
Subject: Question

Todd

I have been getting comments like the following in emails and it is being posted on the internet.

Yes jack, he use the TITAN, that is the device i have chosen, i know many guys complain about size with it, but the material last longer and tissue does not grows into the polytetrafluoroethyl-ene sleeve.

Im just 37 and i have to avoid issues like art or others like him. Aneurysm is more common in AMS than TITAN.

If i were 55+ LGX would be chosen by sure 100%.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Jack

Old devices did suffer from aneurysm and tissue adhesion but cylinders were redesigned and don't suffer that same fate. Haven't seen an aneurysmal dilation with the new cylinder at all. Titan is a good device and we place them periodically in the larger penis >7 inches b/c their cylinder helps get the larger penis more rigid. We just find few candidates where a Titan makes more sense, despite most guys opinion about their penile size. Titan is not our go to device because we like the LGX cylinders better and feels more natural than Titan.

Todd J. Doran, MS, PA-C
Associate in Urologic Surgery
Dept of Urologic Surgery
Vanderbilt University
A-1302 MCN
Nashville, TN 37232
(615) 322-2880 Office
(615) 322-8058 FAX
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again