Pro's & Con's

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ValPinto

Re: Pro's & Con's

Postby ValPinto » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:46 pm

I personally couldn't go to a doctor who had a shady past, brushes with the law, bad malpractices cases. I really am certain he's good but I just couldn't do it, this is just my personal thought process. I do also have a thing about not-so-modest doctors. When I narrowed the whole list down, I thought Dr. Andrew Kramer was by far the most modest, no ego, trust worthy guy. I really worried about Kramer slightly because he's at an academic medical center, which to me meant students, trainees, residents and fellows. I (nervously) asked him to do my procedure, at least everything important. He just said "sure, no problem" and looked me in the eye. I really liked the attitude. So the Perito thing worries me.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:19 am

I had read here before that the doctor had some criminal charges against him and a bad reputation here and there, but after reading the articles, I am In awe. My jaw dropped. Even does ketamine drug, not to mention the other criminal activities. I would run away from him.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:30 am

Deleted duplicate post
Last edited by OttoHS on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

OttoHS

Postby OttoHS » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:38 am

ValPinto wrote:I personally couldn't go to a doctor who had a shady past, brushes with the law, bad malpractices cases. I really am certain he's good but I just couldn't do it, this is just my personal thought process. I do also have a thing about not-so-modest doctors. When I narrowed the whole list down, I thought Dr. Andrew Kramer was by far the most modest, no ego, trust worthy guy. I really worried about Kramer slightly because he's at an academic medical center, which to me meant students, trainees, residents and fellows. I (nervously) asked him to do my procedure, at least everything important. He just said "sure, no problem" and looked me in the eye. I really liked the attitude. So the Perito thing worries me.

I had two very good experiences with Dr. Kramer. He did both my implant and my male sling. I like him and trust him implicitly. But, I would hardly call him modest and without ego. He has a high opinion of his skill and abilities, and rightly so in my opinion. Maybe we are saying the same thing but just using different words. In any event, if anyone is interested in knowing what Dr. Kramer is like, just watch his videos. I spoke with him about them. He does not script them. He dictates the commentary soon after the surgery. When you meet him in person, he sounds just like he does in the videos. His personal concern with perfection and patient satisfaction that you hear in the videos is exactly what you will experience if you are one of his patients.

I have the opposite feeling that you have about being treated in an academic medical center. I generally think that it is a positive. A physician practicing in an academic medical center constantly is under the eyes of his or her peers. Doctors who have issues, whether they be performance related or personal, do not last long at academic medical centers. The fact that Dr. Kramer has a long-standing relationship with the University of Maryland tells me that his peers within the institution think highly of him I understand your concern about students, interns, residents, etc. With hindsight, I wonder how much of my radical prostatectomy that was performed at another academic institution was performed by a senior resident rather than the surgeon that I had engaged for the surgery. Insofar as my surgeries with Dr. Kramer are concerned, I am very confident that he did them and he was present throughout. My impression is that he is a bit of a control freak. A few days before my surgery, I emailed him with some questions, including whether I should shave myself before surgery. He responded that I should not shave myself and that he would shave me.

Finally, I am not going to comment on Dr. Perito. But, I will say that I did a lot of due diligence on Dr. Kramer before I made my initial appointment to see him. In addition to searches on publicly available databases, I did searches about him on a proprietary database to which I have access that collects data on lawsuits, professional discipline, etc. As far as I can tell, Dr. Kramer never has been sued for anything. I don't even think that he has had a traffic court case. He also has not been the subject of any professional discipline. He has as clean a record as possible.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:58 am

Thanks for letting us know of that tidbit of information on the last part of your post OttoHS. I agree with what you say.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:14 am

Sugarcane wrote:About to pull trigger on implant after 5yrs of pills pumps & injections.I plan on using Dr Paul Perito. What does everyone think the pro's & con's are of Dr. Perito ?

Sugarcane, in what state do you reside?

KMeister

Return to “Implants”