Penis Lengthening

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
john74

Penis Lengthening

Postby john74 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:18 am

I was implanted last October by Dr Evangelos Zacharakis of London Andrology at the Cadogan Clinic in London. During my initial consultation I was offered, as an optional extra, penis lengthening at an extra cost of £2000 ($2900) if done at the same time as the implant. When I asked if this was necessary, I was told that some of their patients who were perhaps less well endowed by nature used this as an opportunity to gain some extra length. At no time was there any suggestion that during the normal implant procedure that I would loose any length, nor indeed have I, I am the same length now as I was before the implant.

In the event I opted not to have it done as I was quite satisfied with my size both before and now, so quite what this procedure consists of and how effective it is I cannot say, but as the main concern of a number of people posting on this site is length and the loss of it I’m surprised that so far I have never seen this procedure mentioned anywhere on this forum.

The only reason that I mention this now is because I believe that moetheman is due to have a consultation with Dr Zacharakis in the next few days, and this might possibly be something that he might like to ask about whilst he was there. Whatever he decides to do I wish him well, and hope that he can resolve his problems in the future.
Age 75, Have suffered ED for the last 15 years. Pills worked for a while but no longer.
Implanted with a Titan by Dr Evangelos Zacharakis in London in October 2015 and haven't looked back.

C_lab34

Re: Penis Lengthening

Postby C_lab34 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:04 am

I can't recall all of the particulars, but from what I do remember I'd say most men don't opt for this procedure because it is grueling. I'm pretty sure it's vastly more invasive and traumatic than the typical implant surgery.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:18 am

Most doc's don't do multiple procedures or incisions during an implant to minimize skin open time and decrease infection rates. That said, depending on where your incision was, the most common (though not often used) procedure is to cut the suspensory ligament at the top of the penis which allows more of the existing penis to pull away from the pubic bone and appear longer. Shaft total inside and out essentially the same total just more external. It has variable success as it sometimes reattaches. Most doc's don't recommend this except in very small penis circumstances. With priapism related damage or peyronies some doc's have cut the tunica internal chamber skin then stretched the penis as much as possible without nerve damage and put in extra skin as a spacer to allow the chamber or cylinders to be longer usually while in there to correct curvature. That seems to be rare and experimental from what I read. Good news is that you did not start out without length and didn't lose any. Will be interesting to hear what moetheman hears.
Last edited by RelievedofED1 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

thinktank

Postby thinktank » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:06 pm

The London Doctors explanation of penis enlargement surgery is here on his webpage.

http://london-andrology.co.uk/service/p ... largement/

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:24 pm

I wasn't actually aware of the penis lengthening procedure and to be honest I'm not sure if it's something Id be willing to take a risk on. Looking at the link provided, it seems the actual gain in an erect penis is only 1-2cm. I'm not sure if it's worth it as this procedure doesn't seem to be common practice. Sounds like it would benefit somebody with a micro penis but not so much a normal person.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

john74

Postby john74 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:58 am

Well if the procedure used by London Andrology is as described by billb603 then I'm glad that I didn't have it done. I only mentioned it at all as it was presented to me at my initial consultation as a routine add on to the normal implant procedure which I could have or not as I pleased, certainly the London Andrology web page gives that impression, and because I have never seen it mentioned anywhere on this forum.

Moetheman, good luck with your appointment with Dr. Zacharakis. I can only say from my own experience of him that he did an excellent job on me with no loss of size and no complications (so far). As to whether one of the top American doctors could have done a better job I will never know, but I doubt it. Best wishes for whatever you eventually decide to do and I hope that it all works out all right for you in the end.
Age 75, Have suffered ED for the last 15 years. Pills worked for a while but no longer.
Implanted with a Titan by Dr Evangelos Zacharakis in London in October 2015 and haven't looked back.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:52 am

The lengthening procedure kinds of sounds like butchering to me. Makes me question the working practices of London Andrology as it seems like they're full of sales pitches. I would definitely avoid the procedure. John74, I'm sure that Dr. Zacharakis is excellent, especially for the first procedure. However I have a few issues which make me want to look to the US. For one, there are far more testimonials on this site for Eid, Kramer and other US docs. Even Eid mentioned to me that the UK does a far lower volume, perhaps as low as 300 a year for the whole of the UK. I now believe that volume is one of the first key metrics in choosing a surgeon.

Eid also does a lot of revisions and deals with complicated cases. I doubt Dr. Zacharakis would even come close to the docs in the US in revisions. Again we have a small sample size here on FT so it's difficult to judge objectively. Intuition tells me however that the likes of Eid would be better in this metric.

Then there is the cost aspect and given that I'm paying out of pocket every time, it would make sense at this stage to go for the very best I can afford. Then there can be no further regrets in case things don't quite work out (and I have to fork out even more to go higher up in the food chain). Given that the cost of the surgery in US is not too much more and the additional travel and hotel costs are a non-issue, given that I normally go on luxury holidays 3-4 times a year. In fact I would probably make a little holiday out of the trip to the US for the first part and then have the op done and fly back after a few days. Eid was telling me that one guy flew back the same day after the op :o Most can fly after a couple of days but I would give it 5 or 6 days at least. My recovery should be a bit easier as the penis is already dilated.

I'm not even sure that I want to go ahead with a consultation at this stage with Dr. Zacharakis as I know deep down that I will only be happy with someone like Eid. Maybe it's better I save the cost of the consultation with London Andrology and put it towards the pot for an Eid revision. I'm sure Dr. Zacharakis is amazing but I think I need the "best" or I will always end up wondering that could it have been better?
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Just for interest sake, what are the total costs in London?
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

john74

Postby john74 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:47 am

Moetheman, having read your posts above and elsewhere on this site yesterday, then absolutely Dr Eid is the way for you to go. I was only relating my experiences at L. A. to you as I assumed that as you had started your bionic journey in the U. K. you were intending to finish it here. Please accept my good wishes and I hope it all works out all right for you in the end, I can assure you its worth it.

john74

Postby john74 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:08 am

Strongagain, The total cost of my implant surgery at London Andrology was £13,000 which is $18,800 or 16,700 Euros. That covered absolutely everything including two nights in a London hotel, and I must say that I am pleased with the result. I can't remember seeing a lower price mentioned anywhere else on this site, and its light years away from some of the U. S. prices that have been quoted.

The penis lengthening procedure was £2,000 or $2,900 or 2,500 Euros, but only if it was done at the same time as the implant. I can't comment on this as I didn't have it done.

I hope this helps.

Return to “Implants”