8 months post-op looking for feedback

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jmurph36

8 months post-op looking for feedback

Postby jmurph36 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:29 am

I had my surgery back in May. I had the AMS LGX implanted. I opted for this device because of a self-inflicted accidental injury I had about 10 years ago and medicine just wasn't working. I had 21 cm implanted with 11 distal. I have been really concerned about the size for one thing. I am a bit overweight and know I need to lose. measuring without pressing in I am around 5" long. This seems to be so much smaller than it used to be. I am also still experiencing pain when inflating past about 12 to 15 pumps. I've read on other posts that pain means that the device is stretching and can be a good thing. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced that and then noticed any growth in their device?

I also have experienced numbness in the glans and this is still an issue. I was told that the numbness would subside in time but I haven't really noticed that to be the case even 8 months later. My sex drive also is just gone. I think I may be depressed and also just don't care about sex because of the long period of time that I suffered without seeking any treatment. I would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks

RelievedofED1

Re: 8 months post-op looking for feedback

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:05 am

Sorry to hear about how things are going. While some of this i.e. size and sensation may just take more time I think you should recheck with your urologist to make sure things are ok with implant around the pain pumping. If for no other reason to get reassured and see an expert pump and evaluate. As to the depression possibility that is always possible after surgery as a lot of us have high expectations around the results of any surgery and if things look like they may not be all we had hoped by a certain time we get depressed. That said you should think about seeing your PCP to rule out a chemical reason and unless done recently get a CBC, Chem panel, TSH thyroid, testosterone and Prolactin level plus any others your doc feels are appropriate. If mechanically and chemically things seem OK they can also do questionnaires that can help confirm depression which even though might be temporary may need treatment. The good news is that anything you have described is treatable or curable if you take the next step to check it out. Don't settle for how you are feeling!
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:47 pm

I was implanted with an LGX last May as well. Things have gone pretty well but I still feel some discomfort if I pump the implant up as much as I can with two hands. My penis is incredibly hard and stiff at 12 to 15 pumps, much more than needed. I guess I had not been pumping to max because once I realized I could pump more and started to do so, the discomfort began again. I have noticed quite an increase in girth since I started max pumping every day, not so much in length so I guess I can still stretch yet. There is an article on here in one of the threads that suggests that gains can be had even up to 2 years after the implant so I'll be doing my best!!

Take billb603's advice. I believe he is a medical doctor. If you find you have depression and are prescribed medication for it, I have some first hand advice for you. If you are prescribed an SSRI such as Zoloft or Prozac, or an SNRI such as Effexor or Cymbalta be aware that one of the very common side effects is loss of libido and in some cases anorgasmia or at least delayed orgasm. I have had both types and experienced both side affects. I suffered a total inability to orgasm with both types of drugs. Some docs prescribe an ssri as a treatment for premature ejaculation as an off label use just because it works to delay orgasm. The effects are dosage dependent and, at least in my case, full orgasm and libido returned after being off these drugs for a while.

I am now taking a combination of bupropion (Wellbutrin, an older antidepressant) and a small amount of Zoloft or sertraline. Wellbutrin does a pretty good job of controlling mood without the sexual side affects of ssri's or snri's and is very effective when taken in combination with an ssri. This is a common practice and works well to control my mood as well as allow me a sex life. As a side note, bupropion is also marketed as Zyban, the smoking cessation drug.

I wish you well and hope you can get some relief.

jmurph36

Postby jmurph36 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:10 am

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping that I can find some relief and regain what has been lost for almost 10 years now. I have also noticed that my testicles have shrunk in size. Could that be a sign of lower testosterone?

retexan599

RE: SSRI and Libido

Postby retexan599 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:07 pm

[quote="Watsup"
Take billb603's advice. I believe he is a medical doctor. If you find you have depression and are prescribed medication for it, I have some first hand advice for you. If you are prescribed an SSRI such as Zoloft or Prozac, or an SNRI such as Effexor or Cymbalta be aware that one of the very common side effects is loss of libido and in some cases anorgasmia or at least delayed orgasm. I have had both types and experienced both side affects. I suffered a total inability to orgasm with both types of drugs. Some docs prescribe an ssri as a treatment for premature ejaculation as an off label use just because it works to delay orgasm. The effects are dosage dependent and, at least in my case, full orgasm and libido returned after being off these drugs for a while.
I am now taking a combination of bupropion (Wellbutrin, an older antidepressant) and a small amount of Zoloft or sertraline. Wellbutrin does a pretty good job of controlling mood without the sexual side affects of ssri's or snri's and is very effective when taken in combination with an ssri. This is a common practice and works well to control my mood as well as allow me a sex life. As a side note, bupropion is also marketed as Zyban, the smoking cessation drug.
I wish you well and hope you can get some relief.[/quote]
--------------------------
I can offer a little experience with SSRI. Been treated for depression for many years. Two main SSRI's prescribed were mirtazapine (brand name Remeron) and paroxetine (brand name Paxil). In 2015, my psychiatrist suggested that given my stable condition for many years, and advancing age, that two SSRI's were no longer needed. Accordingly we weaned me off of the paroxetine starting in October 2015, and discontinued in February 2016. Continuing the mirtazapine indefinitely. I have had not psych problems without the paroxetine. An unexpected bonus 'side effect' for me is that my libido has rebounded tremendously this year. I have researched this, and do believe that discontinuing the paroxetine has 'freed up' my libido. This is the reason for renewed interest in addressing my E.D. and using the vacuum pump described in my signature. A nice bonus.

A word of caution: we 'tapered' my paroxetine over several months. Many people report physical problems if an SSRI is tapered too quickly, or even worse stopped cold turkey. In my case, the presence of the mirtazapine has also 'protected' me during the tapering.

Just posting this in case it helps someone. Cheers....
Age 86, divorced, single.
Prostate seed implant radiation (brachytherapy) 1999.
Like a ship without sailors: 'No seaman'. ;)
No implant.
Use electric Encore Impo-Aid vacuum system. #4 & 5 size cock rings.
Generic water based lube.

jonbaldbg

Postby jonbaldbg » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 am

Regarding medication . . . If an antidepressant lists sexual issues as a possible side effect, you can be sure I will go impotent. I absolutely can't take the SSRIs. I have found other medications though that seem to help and don't have the negative side effects.

Remeron I don't take because I wanted it for a sleep aid and it didn't work for that. All it did was make me groggy the next day. However, I think it has minimal or at least less sexual side effects.

Wellbutrin, while not as effective for depression, has no sexual side effects. I take a large dose ao 450mg per day.

One that I haven't seen mentioned here is an add-on medication called Abilify. I started taking it just by itself because it has no sexual side effects. While it was not originally developed as an antidepressant, it works for that. Even though I wasn't using it for an add-on, I could tell in 3 days that I was starting to feel better. Later we added the Wellbutrin. Hopefully, your insurance will cover Ability because it is very expensive. The generic is close to $500 a month.

Those are some options that helped me and hopefully they will be helpful to you too.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

dexterbenson1423

Postby dexterbenson1423 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:52 pm

I've been taking the Dr Max Powers Testosterone Booster once a day after finishing work and before heading to the gym. I've noticed increased energy and improved physicality.

I've really noticed an improvement to both my gym routine and my libido. It's hard to say for sure that these pills have been the sole result of the improvements I've been having but I feel that they definitely might be a part of it.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:04 am

AS a person who had a problem for more then 10 yrs. and had given up except for pumping and masturbating, I always had a strong sex drive. Now with the implant I still have the strong sex drive and maybe stronger as now I can get an erection, masturbate at will, blow jobs at will, and intercourse for as long as I want. You don't need pills as once you start you may have to stay with them.

Grab your cock, pump it up and realize you can outlast any women on the planet. Think about how nice it is to cum and stay hard until YOU decide not to keep it up. YOU can get it up anytime, anyplace, and for as long as you want. Remember when we were younger and getting blow jobs as we drove or maybe getting off the road and having sex in a field? You can do all those things again and now we just do it slower.

Enjoy that implant, enjoy women looking at your pants as your flaccid cock probably shows more with the implant as mine does. I don't care what women look and at my age, I just smile.

One more thing, there was a study about prostrate cancer and masturbating. If you cum 21 times a month it can help lower the chance of cancer. As my dad and uncle both had, I try to get to 21 times a month and so far my PSA is very low. So I keep masturbating and hope for the best on the cancer front. Besides, it feels good.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”