Pulling the trigger

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
larrys1

Pulling the trigger

Postby larrys1 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Ok guys, I am going to see Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington Men's Health Center in Seattle on January 28th to discuss getting implant surgery. I have fought with this problem for the last 4 years, done so much research on possible solutions my eyes have melted out of my head, quit drinking, I don't smoke, I eat healthy, I practice yoga for relaxation and meditation, I take supplements to help keep my body in tip top shape, I exercise daily, I am on HRT, etc.....I honestly think I have looked into and tried everything I possibly can only to have my limp dick win. Pills don't work, trimix injections have stopped working, HRT didn't help. My wife and I are so depressed and tired of it all. After reading all about sclerotherapy to repair veinous leakage and bottom line it is not proven to fix it long term, I finally realized I am at the end looking off a dead end cliff...I hope Dr. Walsh is a really good surgeon for this. I haven't read too much about him but UW is about as good as it gets so I am willing to go ahead. My only other thought after reading some stories on this forum was maybe to go see Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid but I hate to travel that far unless I have to. So anyway, I will keep everyone on here posted on how it all goes. Might be awhile before my surgery. He seems pretty busy.

Anyone with any words of encouragement or knowledge about Dr. Walsh or the UW Men's Health Clinic good or bad, I would love to hear your stories.
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

alibaba

Re: Pulling the trigger

Postby alibaba » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:51 pm

I read a comment about Walsh one time that the guy thought he was great. As far as encouragement, been through it all like you and like you say, the cheap fixes do not do the trick. Once I finally had a surgery date it seems like a weight was lifted off. Mood even improved. I think my wife's mood will improve once recovery is over. She's nervous. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:29 am

alibaba wrote:I read a comment about Walsh one time that the guy thought he was great. As far as encouragement, been through it all like you and like you say, the cheap fixes do not do the trick. Once I finally had a surgery date it seems like a weight was lifted off. Mood even improved. I think my wife's mood will improve once recovery is over. She's nervous. d

So you haven't had your surgery yet? When is it?
Problems began in 2011 at 51 yo. I did testosterone/HCG/Anastrozole but it didn't fix erections. Pills and tri-mix worked then failed. Had AMS 700 CX installed on Feb 2nd 2016 by Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:32 am

larrys1 wrote:Ok guys, I am going to see Dr. Thomas Walsh at University of Washington Men's Health Center in Seattle on January 28th to discuss getting implant surgery. I have fought with this problem for the last 4 years, done so much research on possible solutions my eyes have melted out of my head, quit drinking, I don't smoke, I eat healthy, I practice yoga for relaxation and meditation, I take supplements to help keep my body in tip top shape, I exercise daily, I am on HRT, etc.....I honestly think I have looked into and tried everything I possibly can only to have my limp dick win. Pills don't work, trimix injections have stopped working, HRT didn't help. My wife and I are so depressed and tired of it all. After reading all about sclerotherapy to repair veinous leakage and bottom line it is not proven to fix it long term, I finally realized I am at the end looking off a dead end cliff...I hope Dr. Walsh is a really good surgeon for this. I haven't read too much about him but UW is about as good as it gets so I am willing to go ahead. My only other thought after reading some stories on this forum was maybe to go see Dr. Kramer or Dr. Eid but I hate to travel that far unless I have to. So anyway, I will keep everyone on here posted on how it all goes. Might be awhile before my surgery. He seems pretty busy.

Anyone with any words of encouragement or knowledge about Dr. Walsh or the UW Men's Health Clinic good or bad, I would love to hear your stories.

Are you paying out of pocket or do you have some coverage via health insurance?

KMeister
Last edited by KMeister on Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:04 am

I have health insurance but it looks like I will be paying about 30%.

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 am

Saw your other post about venting.
I am more or less in the same boat.
Think I am going to end up with an implant also.
Takes awhile to heal physically. Emotianaly think I will never heal.
Not being able to get it up has left me depressed also.
Not up to doing it yet.

Not married. Had to let a few women go. 1 in particular. Wanted to grow old with her.
Instead I walked away with my limp dick. Think of her everyday.
Could not bring myself to tell her. Let's leave it at that.

I was never given option of the implant. Has been years. I learned about the implants mostly from this site.
Insurance covers it but Drs never told me about it.

They come up with new things medications and treatments.

I hope the implant works for you
Best of luck

Hang in their

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:19 am

larrys1 wrote:

I've never heard of him at all. Keep doing your research and vet him well. He may be very good but his name doesn't ring a bell when discussing the known greats...
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:33 am

Jamesbond wrote:Saw your other post about venting.
Not up to doing it yet.

Not married. Had to let a few women go. 1 in particular. Wanted to grow old with her.

I was never given option of the implant. Has been years. I learned about the implants mostly from this site.

Best of luck

Hang in their

I and many others have been through the same issues. You will heal both physically and emotionally. You can't see the forest for the trees right now. I've been there, done that, and have the tee shirt. At least it didn't cause a marriage of 18 years, then another one of 10 years to break up, and then a 3 marriage peril due to a cheating wife who couldn't deal with the ED either. I've lost 2 families and nearly a 3rd. Some women just can't cope.

Get the physical issues addressed and you'll be surprised how quickly you want to jump back in the game. It takes time for the emotional damage to heal, but it will fade away. Professional counseling helps (provided you connect with the right one). You will heal and you will be happy again. I was suicidal at my lowest and it lasted a longtime. I got help, marriage is strong and wife is faithful now. It was a lot of work, but not an impossible task. Keep your chin up and push forward. Since your emotions are negative and unreliable, start thinking logically and moving forward. The sooner you do that, the quicker your life will begin to improve.
harddrive

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:36 am

There is another member who used Walsh, his user name is jonson. He sounds very happy with his results.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

larrys1

Postby larrys1 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:20 am

Jamesbond wrote:Saw your other post about venting.
Not up to doing it yet.

Best of luck

Hang in their

I'm sorry for your situation too. I guess we can all feel the enormous pain each of us goes through. At times it is unbearable. Tougher than any situation I have ever had to deal with as a man. Go get the surgery done and get some use out of your dick and I'm positive your emotions will heal quickly after some successes. I am looking forward to mine but it can't get here quick enough. It will be a long few months...

Return to “Implants”