Implanted at 38 and concerned about size & revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PFracture

Re: Implanted at 38 and concerned about size & revision

Postby PFracture » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:50 am

Glad things turned out good to you! Hope you put it to good use.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:33 am

Hey there.
You know what? You still follow very much in my footsteps in terms of the post-op process.
I didn’t wait as long as you till losing my ‘implant virginity’, only three weeks if I remember right, but all the issues you mention were there for me as well.
It will for sure take time to get used to it.

Mine wasn’t as hard either as I had expected from reading about all the ‘railroad spikes’ and ‘broomsticks’ here on FT. (Funnily from people who some of them turned out to have 4:30 erections and 180 degrees range of motion when erect, i.e. barely an erection in my book).
Having a Titan, which in my book would be the hardest implant, and having been told by Eid that my dick would point nicely up at 2:00 and be very hard, I was kind of disappointed in the beginning that it wasn’t quite like that. Sure, hard enough for sex, but probably softer than my best natural erection.
I also got pain, or at least soreness, down there after sex (and masturbation). To the point where I avoided doing either during day time, since then I’d had to suffer the discomfort for a few hours. When doing it before going to sleep, it wasn’t an issue since it for sure would be gone when I woke up.
This soreness after usage actually kept happening for several months, with a slowly diminishing intensity.

My size has been thoroughly presented in several posts in my journal, but it was smaller post-op than pre-op. Now, 6 months post-op, it is slightly larger both in terms of length and girth. My cycling protocol has been a bit random, but I think there are only a handful days these six months when I have not inflated at all. There was a period after a couple of months when I held back a bit and perhaps did it only once every other day, but as a principle, I have been inflating about 10 times per week. Twice per day if time available, otherwise once. Sometimes for an hour each time and sometimes only for five minutes during a quick shower. All depending on time available.

Anyway, the issues mentioned above (getting used to it, soreness, hardness, size) all turned out perfectly well for me despite having basically all the initial issues you describe.

I am finally 99% rid of the ‘freak feeling’, i.e. being a pathetic impotent bastards with a plastic dick. Not much better than putting a strap-on dildo with a waistband on and cover the limp dick with it. That feeling is gone. Now I rather feel lucky knowing I have a super dick, which in all honestly, no natural guy can compete with. Well at least not in terms of hardness and stamina. The pump-up issue just fades and gets normal.

The hardness is totally different. In early days, it wasn’t as hard as I had expected. Understand now it was simply because I couldn’t/didn’t pump it enough! When starting having sex I couldn’t even squeeze the pump completely (wall-to-wall) but only partially. Later, I could do around 20 full W2W pumps. Now I can do 38. I can get my dick so crazily hard that I can hang as many bath towels that can fit on it. And probably add a snow-shovel as well. And it’d still point above 3:00. That is of course not a practical hardness for sex (with someone you like), but it is just to explain that I can get my dick abnormally hard, and can choose whatever hardness I like. I normally pump it around 25 pumps for sex, which is way harder than a natural dick but still comfortable for both parts. It points at 2:30 at that hardness and still passes any bath towel test without giving many millimeters.

The soreness is practically gone. If having sex in evening before bed, which I still the absolutely most common way I do it since we’re having young kids in the house, I don’t feel any soreness.
If doing it in the morning, I will feel slight soreness for perhaps an hour after sex. Nothing bad, but it is there still. However at a much, much less level than a few months ago.

Size is as I said larger now than pre-op. Both length and girth. Not by much – around 0.2 cm girth and 0.5 cm length. But it is for sure larger, meaning I definitely didn’t lose any size. I gained some.

All in all I am enjoying it. Thought I had stopped posting here, just tired of what I call lack of objectivity and in some cases even dangerous ‘advice’ to potential implant guys from guys happy with semi-shitty results due to low expectations.
But most of all I just got tired of debating implants with a bunch of strangers on an internet forum.
However, when I did one of my rare visits here last night I noticed your post and wanted to reply.
Based on how well your story correlates with mine, I think chances are good you’ll end up where I did. And I seriously still think that one cannot get much (if any) better results than I did.

Take care, good luck with all. Marriage, life and dick…
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Merrix, you're right on when you say that "The pump-up issue just fades and gets normal." It really does get back to the good ol' days without pills, headaches urethral inserts, needles, VED's etc. It just becomes sex again.

I wish I could convince so many others fiddling around with the other options that this is the way to go! I know I am biased, but I have gone all of the other routes. (Okay; I didn't do the needle injections. Way too chicken and if the MUSE hurt after application, who knows how bad it would be with Trimix?)

Great synopsis! Thanks.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:09 pm

I have to agree with what Merrix says, I went to Dr. Kramer and had initial apprehensions too. Though I seemed to be on track to be a miracle case- using it as basically 2 weeks, minimal pain, I thought I was going to lose 2 inches at first. Also once the acute pain went away, it didn't all go away, soreness lingered for probably 6-8 weeks. Things really evolve, I was a bit of an alarmist. The pain totally went away, but took a while for the last 1-2% of it so fade. Maybe that's just me. Last: the length and size. I was devastated initially. Then I cycled it pretty much randomly, stretched on it, cycled some more, by 3-4 months it was better than pre-op in length and girth. But it's like waiting for water to boil, if you watch it, it won't happen. It's slow. Totally worked out.
However I have to disagree about another pro-industry comment, the "Titan is harder". I researched this one, and what makes an erection harder is the blood in the penis. What makes an implant harder is the saline in the corpora or erectile chamber. The shell around the saline isn't the erection or hardness. No one walks around with a hard penis as a teenager and says that they have particularly hard tunica. It's the blood, in the implant case, the saline. The shell holding it is a vessel to hold that saline, so putting harder containers for saline is like the young guy who says "I have bad blood flow but really hard tunica." I just think it makes sense from the Titan company to promote it as harder, but your succumbing to sales measures (or the doctor's sales stuff). But if I'm wrong I'm up for a lively debate.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. Merrix, as always I appreciate your words. I have always found your journal extremely useful as a reference point.

The last few days I feel like I have a slight swelling in the scrotum. I checked with Dr Eid and he wasn't worried about it. I think I got a bit carried away in the last session :lol: . I have to say that Eid is so good in responding promptly, especially after reading about others' experiences. I'm still taking it a bit easy with cycling, doing it every other day until everything is back to normal and then plan to cycle twice daily and a bit more aggressively. I think I can get to about 25 W2W pumps but sounds like it can go higher based on Merrix's experience. Everyone is different but I definitely have room for more.

I'm also glad to hear that the inflation for sex starts feeling more normal after a while. This was kind of worrying me and the first few attempts it felt awkward so I had to go to the bathroom to get myself ready. However once inflated it does feel great. I think I need to start working on my stamina as the robot dick stays hard indefinitely. At times I did have to check if it's still hard, especially the glans. The glans did stay engorged but when I eventually ran out of steam they shrank a bit but still good enough. It definitely feels way better than the pre-op limp dick. Finally after all the negatives, I have started experiencing the main positive of this whole thing. I'm also getting much better at deflating now too, as I can use the one touch release more easily. I didn't even switch hands in the end as using the left hand to inflate / deflate felt easier. A couple of times I was a bit worried about the OTR as when I pressed the bulb afterwards, I couldn't hear a pop. It took a couple of attempts to get it work. I thought my implant was malfunctioning but I've seen that others have had this issue as well and there are ways to make it pop if it gets stuck. In any case it only happened a couple of times.

The main challenge I see now is the pain from sex. From the sounds of it, it will take a few weeks for this to be resolved, perhaps even a few months. Still this shouldn't be an issue for too long and I'm still happy with the implant decision so far. I noticed today that my flaccid is also hanging down much better, probably around 5:30. I'm lucky to have had a good result from the revision, especially after the botched first implant.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

Return to “Implants”