Returning to work after implant surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
brian22

Returning to work after implant surgery?

Postby brian22 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:17 am

Had my implant surgery last Friday. All went well except swelling, which seems to have peaked a couple of nights ago. Still swollen, so hurts to stand. Most other positions ok. Just wondering if any of you can tell me the criteria for returning to work. I'm a teacher (middle school), so a mix of standing and sitting. I'd like to return next Monday, which will be day 10 since surgery. Also, if one 'returns to work too early,' is the danger just pain or can one do any damage?

Thanks,
Brian.

smotrinamenya

Re: Returning to work after implant surgery?

Postby smotrinamenya » Thu May 26, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm not sure there are any specific criteria - I would think you could return to normal activity as soon as you feel up to it. I returned to work half time (I'm a software developer, so I mostly sit while working) on day 10 following surgery, and full time a few days after that. I resumed my normal daily exercise routine about 2 weeks following. However, everybody heals differently. I've read of guys who claim to have gone bike riding the day after surgery (I take that one with a grain of salt, though - but if it's on the Internet it must be true, right??). Proceed slowly and you should be fine.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:52 pm

Brian:

First of all, welcome to FT and the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners!!

I had surgery on Thursday and returned to work the following Tuesday, 4 days off. I'm an engineer, I carried by backpack with computer and tools, probably about 40 pounds, into the building and was able to sit with ice in my pants for most of the time. Doc recommended ibuprophen to help with inflammation and swelling, which I still take. I recommend going to the drug store and getting a suspensory. You will be amazed at how good the boys feel with their new neighbor when the suspensory takes the strain of gravity off.

I know your other posts said you have done a lot of reading here, so I'm assuming you're familiar with my posts. If I can be of help, leave me a private message (so I get notified) and I'll respond.

Here's to good wood!

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

steven

Postby steven » Sat May 28, 2011 11:10 pm

as has been said about much of the specifics concerning implant surgery, each individual has their own experiences. I planned to take a week off - ended up taking three. I had trouble controlling post-op pain from implant modeling / molding due to severe peyronies. I've had other injuries and surgeries and thought i could handle pain ok but this deal was bad for me. If you feel up to it and have the ok from your doc, imo i don't think you could damage anything so it's just a matter of being too uncomfortable.

Return to “Implants”