Unable to pump anymore

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
warrenw123

Re: Unable to pump anymore

Postby warrenw123 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:11 am

I recently got health insurance with BCBS through the contracting company I was working for. The urologist ran it through to have my implant replaced and hey got a verbal approval. But they will not give any authorization number. They said after the surgery they accept the claim and tell what they cover. I though that was strange cause I've never seen that but I was told that happens with some insurance companies. Now I'm waiting for the insurance dept at the urologist to call me and say if I need to pay anything out of pocket. I'm scheduled for March 10th for the surgery. And like my last one the health insurance requires it to be done at the hospital which is fine with me.

I'll keep you posted with updates.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:09 am

That is the same load of crap United Healthcare told me for 5 years. Doctor said as long as they stated it was a covered code, go for it. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:41 pm

I had to postpone mine for three weeks for exactly the same reason. They said that if I wanted to, I could go with it anyway, but if it is rejected (it seldom is), I would be responsible for the entire amount; which for me was $40,000.00. I decided to lean to the conservative and wait. It was aggravating, but I would still recommend that route.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Fofeech

Postby Fofeech » Mon May 21, 2018 9:28 am

When should someone stop pumping the bulb? Is there a maximum stiff pumps you can do? I have the coloplast touch!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon May 21, 2018 1:37 pm

I have a Coloplast. My bulb goes flat around 36 pumps so I cannot pump more if I wanted to (which I would). Pump to the hardness you need or till you cannot take any m0re pain. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

JerGeezer

Postby JerGeezer » Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 pm

"My bulb goes flat around 36 pumps so I cannot pump more if I wanted to (which I would)".

The same thing happened to me after my second implant. It turned out the doctor had used a reservoir that was too small that didn't hold enough saline solution for complete inflation. That meant another surgery to install the correct one, but it was worth it. I suspect you have this problem. In short, your surgeon screwed up.
I'm 75 and got an AMS Ultrex in 1995. Had it replaced in 1999. Got a new AMS 700 LGX in 2013.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:47 pm

If I were you , I would get a second opinion about the fact that your implant has failed. What evidence did you doc use to determine that your implant had air in it? I have a complete AMS 700 sample that I have played with so that I can understand it. I am in the hydraulic repair business so I understand the principles of it's operation. What I have discovered is that when the shuttle valve sticks, a hard squeeze can force liquid around the valve and with the valve in that position, the bulb will stay flat (deflated). If you push the deflate button the flow will fill the bulb back up, which sounds like your description. If that is the case, the fix is to get the "POP". It is similar to a new implant that is hard to work as your lack of use likely caused the spool on the valve to stick. Try alternating between a hard push on the deflate button and a quick hard stab at the bulb. Do that back and forth until you get it to pop and it should work.

You should be able to prove whether or not there is air in the system by hitting the deflate button. If it fill s and is hard to squeeze as you push it flat then there is still saline in your system.

best of luck to you
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

Return to “Implants”