Unable to pump anymore

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Re: Unable to pump anymore

Postby hard drive » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:31 pm

I hate to be the "Debbie Downer" of the thread, but it could be a device failure. My last device failed (now replaced) and it behaved exactly like you describe. The difference is that mine was getting a workout EVERY DAY (actual use, not just inflation), then from one night to the next, it happened to me. I panicked internally, shot off an email to my doc, went for an appointment the next week. He confirmed device failure. I had to live with it for a year before I could get it replaced (VA Bureaucracy). Now I'm back in the saddle.

Regardless of device failure or just glitchy, once it's working again, you need to cycle the thing on a regular basis. Good luck, and keep us posted.
harddrive

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:03 pm

How hard do you have to squeeze the sides of the box on the pump? Just to verify it has the box with the button on one side that I hold down to deflate with. You are saying to squeeze the two sides of this box to reset it and then try squeezing the bulb again? I know I had gained weight from 225 to 260 so I'm wondering if the weight is a factor?

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:11 pm

I just tried again after typing a reply and I may have got it to reset. The bulb did compress and I heard a squish but then the bulb did not inflate again to let me squeeze again. Something is up with it. Guess I'll see my doctor to see what he says. What is the most common reason if the bulb will not inflate again?

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:34 pm

warrenw123 wrote:What is the most common reason if the bulb will not inflate again?

I don't know what the most common reason is, but for me it was the reservoir line.
harddrive

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:13 pm

If i had to guess I would bet that is mine. Was yours kinked or had a blockage? I still wonder about my weight. And also have a hernia. I'm calling for my appointment in a couple minutes. I'll have to make it a couple weeks out due to finances. I have not met my deductible on my insurance yet.

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:09 pm

I made an appointment for the doctor this Friday so maybe he will have a better explanation of whats going on. Also, I just got a treadmill today to help me get in better shape. As I mentioned I have gained 50 pounds and never know if the weight can be a factor with this. Besides, it never hurts to lose weight!

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:15 am

Hard Drive,

When you say it was the reservoir line was it kinked or what? Just curious.

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Bad news.. the doctor looked at it and said it was all air now and that a line is broken and leaking somewhere. And he said since its 4 years old he wants to replace the whole implant with a new one. The bad part is having to go through it all again. And also I have different insurance. I was with United Health care that covered 100% of the implant before. I now have Blue Cross Blue Shield and not sure what they will cover. Today I only had a #30 copay and covered 100% for the visit. He said they will run it through the insurance and let me know in a week and go from there. Should I start putting out donation jars everywhere? lol

Warren

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Sorry to hear your report. I hope you can get it fixed up quickly and the insurance things works out for you :cry:

warrenw123

Postby warrenw123 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Thanks, I'll post an update as I find out more. The doctor asked what I wanted to do cause I guess some people may say no to doing it again but I will. Just give me plenty of ice for after!

Return to “Implants”