Implant Surgery: Subcoronal Incision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Seeking

Implant Surgery: Subcoronal Incision

Postby Seeking » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi guys,

The sub-coronal incision technique of inflatable prosthesis implantation where the entire circumference of the penis just under the glans is 'de-gloved' so to speak (i.e. the skin cut and the tissue underneath exposed) and then an inflatable prosthesis inserted via a novel procedure is currently being marketed as the only 'size sparing' procedure there is for inserting inflatable implants.

This is in contrast to i.) penile-scrotal incision (which has a reputation for penile shortening) and ii.) infrapubic incision (which is apparently better for length but involves navigation around a nerve bundle and thus has a reputation for glans numbness and other neurological issues).

Have any members of our bionic brotherhood ever undergone this type of surgery? Or has anyone undergone surgery from Dr. Valenzuela of any kind?

I would be extremely grateful for ANY information anyone has found, irrespective of whether you have an implant or not.

Don't be shy.

Thanks.

NB: If you want to watch a GRAPHIC video of this operation it can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIK-2xeEcI

KMeister

Re: Implant Surgery: Subcoronal Incision

Postby KMeister » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:30 am

I'm not familiar with this procedure. However, the issues you mentioned with the other two methods are in somewhat old news. From what I've read over the past five years, most of today's surgeries performed by experienced, skilled doctors make penile shortening and lack of sensitivity very infrequent. That written, if a new approach has been developed I'm all for it. How good is it? Time will tell...

KMeister

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:28 pm

Ouch!! For some reason that procedure looks a lot more painful than either of the other two. I think it is the stripping the skin off part that makes me cringe :o

Anonymous5

Postby Anonymous5 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:43 pm

i had this done. I had peyronies that needed grafting so in my case they de-gloved me, put in a couple grafts and did a plication on the opposite side followed with an implant that actually gave me back all my length and increased the girth. It took 2 surgeons 7 hours to do all this in 3 separate surgeries that were all done back to back.
I am on month 3 and it took a long time to get better. Still not 100% because the grafts shrink somewhat.

I would not recommend this approach unless you had really bad peyronies that needed to be fixed at the same time. The implant works great but those graft areas take a long time to heal, up to 6 months in some cases.
56 yr old-pc 2010 robotically removed mayo phoenix. Peyronie's with over 90 degree curve with mild ED. Trial and error until becoming bionic June 8, 2015 @University of Washington Med. Grafting to correct Peyronie's and implant done in one surgery.

Seeking

Postby Seeking » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:47 pm

Thanks very much for this information, Chorton.

Do you think your discomfort afterwards may have been more attributable to the grafting/repair process rather than the nature of the implant procedure?

Anonymous5

Postby Anonymous5 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Seeking wrote:
Do you think your discomfort afterwards may have been more attributable to the grafting/repair process rather than the nature of the implant procedure?

Yes the graft is what has caused me the most pain for sure.
56 yr old-pc 2010 robotically removed mayo phoenix. Peyronie's with over 90 degree curve with mild ED. Trial and error until becoming bionic June 8, 2015 @University of Washington Med. Grafting to correct Peyronie's and implant done in one surgery.

tampagay

Postby tampagay » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:55 am

I had implant surgery on 6/2/2015 While I did lose about 30% of my pre-RP length, The stretched length immediately prior to surgery is the length I have with the implant. So the implant did not cause the loss. The loss came from the atrophy of tissue due to nearly 6 years of total impotence. If you have ED as severe as mine, you will lose more length the longer you delay. I had infa scrotal implant of a Titan touch. The length of your penis will not equal the length of your penis as some of the implant is inside you. In my case that's between 2 and 3 inches.

Return to “Implants”