Dr. Robert Cornell

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
PFracture

Re: Dr. Robert Cornell

Postby PFracture » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Based on what people talked about in the forum, i think you should get a second opinion. You can do a phone consultation with Dr. Eid, (285$, just cheked the price yesterday) or try to get in contact with Andrew Kramer. You have a lot to loose, by not going the extra mile.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:47 am

JimmyV wrote:Today at my follow up appointment with Dr. Cornell...a few minutes later I asked him if I can count on maintaining my length and girth after the implant procedure. He said to expect to lose an inch. An inch??? WTF? I don't know what to think. I don't know what to do. I need advice. Please!.

There have been so many improvements in implant procedures in the last five to ten years there is (almost) no reason to lose length these days if one sees a skilled surgeon who's up to date on the latest techniques. I agree with Ed. You might want to get a second opinion.

This guy is in Austin, Texas
http://www.penileimplanttexas.com/#!austin/csac

KMeister

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun May 01, 2016 1:17 am

JimmyV wrote:Today at my follow up appointment with Dr. Cornellhe surprised with 2 things........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................When I finally got up, I saw a small scalpel next to the empty syringe and some other odd looking things that looked like they fit inside the syringe. I asked what he did and he said, "yes I had to make a hole to administer the medicine". He added "I would never tell you that before hand". I'm like "Shit"! Now I'm wondering if I have to go through that every 4 months??? It sucks!!!

Then a few minutes later I asked him if I can count on maintaining my length and girth after the implant procedure. He said to expect to lose an inch. An inch??? WTF? I don't know what to think. I don't know what to do. I need advice. Please!

He said I can schedule the surgery for a month from now if I want. Please I need everyone's advice. Thank you all so much.

Many people are advising me to see Cornell.
"Would not tell you that before hand" If you do not communicate with me forget it. Had enough of that.
"Expect to lose and inch" Already did that. Have no intention of this becoming a sex change operation.
Maybe it is a good thing he does not return phone calls.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Mon May 02, 2016 9:30 pm

get out of there and go to a serious elite implanter (Kramer, Perito, Eidd) and get out of there.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 pm

If you look at any of the YouTube videos on inserting the Testostercell Pellets an incision is required to insert them. Plus was in the brochure about the procedure to insert them. I have had Dr. Cornnell insert the pellets and it was NOT as earth shattering as your experience. Good thing you did not have a cystourethroscopy, which I found more painful than the whole IPP operation. :o

As for the last post "get out of there" IMHO you are in the best place to be with the best URO, I posted this for someone on FT looking for a quality IPP doctor........

As for as a doctor I would select a good one in your part of the country, i.e., east coast, middle US, west coast. Of course for obvious reasons I suggest Robert Cornell.
- he studied at the Scott Urology school where the IPP was developed by Dr. Scott in the Houston's Texas Medical Center. The patent is now held by AMS.
- he studied surgery at the DeBakey School, home of the famous heart surgeon.
- if you need to have a artifical urinary sphincter (AUS) to control bladder leakage he can put in both with one incision, one OP. BTW it was developed by Dr. Scott.
- he does enough IPP ops to be high volume but it does not seem to be like an assembly line, has excellent staff
- with a search on FT your will find cases of botched IPP by some of the above mention URO that he came in behind them to fix their mistakes. /
- after your IPP op you spend the night in a hospital, not a hotel room.
- IMHO You do not want to be in a hotel room after your IPP op. If you need to have your meds changed because you are in pain. Easy to push the button and nurses get your meds rather than you trying to get a prescript and get it filled walking around just hours out of surgery. My meds were change twice before I was comfortable.
- Dr. Cornell removed my catheter the morning after the surgery and verified everything looked normal.
- offers concierge services for out of town patients
My operation went text book, no length was lost, no floppy head and a rock solid erection on demand. In preparation of the IPP Op I followed the Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and continued in Post-Op.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon May 02, 2016 11:34 pm

Eid says length lost from Milam implant is now lost. Still have to come up with the $$ to pay the man's fees, airfare, meals, taxis.

Kramer does not take United Healthcare so ...Still have to come up with the $$.

Perito does infrapubic only. That is a major cause of the issues with this horrid packet of silicone rammed into my hollowed out dick now. Not at chance in hell I would see Perito. Besides that he is one I have in my notebook that never responded if he would implant me in 2014.

For Cornell to do it his feedback has to improve from what some here have told me. 50/50 great vs/lost an inch, non communicative.

If it were easy (like I had Medicare insurance for the aged) I would have had an implant in 2010 and how ever many revisions it took to make it right by now. Guy on the phone told me 18% have revisions by the time their implant is 5 years old. Unfreakin real!

I've had a lot of emails, p.m.'s, and comments, some getting a little harsh which is getting me in a somewhat pissy mood to get on the phone and call Perito, Cornell, Kramer, or Eid and get it over with now. There is the little issue that 2 never returned my call and when I learned a little about them, there is no chance they are going to implant me by the same method I already have again; then there are the others where there is the tiny little issue of being short about $25,000 plus airfare and accommodations. Take it easy folks. I would bet I've had 14 messages to contact Connie at Kramer's office to go over the insurance. I have already. A week ago. They don't take United Healthcare even though it is the 2nd largest provider in the nation thus I need to come up with bucko dineros to pay for it.

I appreciate the help some have tried to give me where or to whom to get this fixed by. I need:
-Someone qualified
-Someone who has no issue with a patient who has had 4 hernia repairs, 1 prostatectomy, HIV, and needs a F'd up infrapubic changed to scrotal and all parts fitted well AND accepts United Healthcare insurance.

I will not accept an arrogant asshole doctor again. Seen too many. I will not accept infrapubic again. If I have to pay for the damn thing because NO-0NE will take the insurance that will pay 100%, then it will wait till however damn long it takes and I will see Eid or Kramer unless a viable solution is presented.

I am still open to any other suggestions but the doctors have to meet the above criteria. Karpman might, who knows, I never got a return call other than his secretary saying HIV was no issue in the initial call. The rest I do not know. I do not beg these people for answers. It gets very old when you spent YEARS trying to get the first implant and got it from someone who clearly does not give a damn based on his comments he will not discuss any issues. At this point it has not driven me to being suicidal like in Dec 2014 after years of trying but if it takes forever again, it may well do the job this time. At least for now I am too damn busy working to generate cash to pay for an implant to think much about it.
Cheers.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon May 02, 2016 11:44 pm

roninhouston wrote:.....................
List of education credentials
My operation went text book, no length was lost, no floppy head and a rock solid erection on demand. In preparation of the IPP Op I followed the Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and continued in Post-Op.

I have a couple questions for you.

Are you Cornell? I keep getting messages saying roninhouston is Cornell selling himself. How would we know?

You used a vacuum pump both pre IPP and post IPP?

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Tue May 03, 2016 2:14 pm

I have a couple questions for you.

Are you Cornell? I keep getting messages saying roninhouston is Cornell selling himself. How would we know?

No I am not Dr. Cornell. I am just another of his satisfied IPP patients.
After my IPP was usable I probably said "Thank You Dr. Cornell" the first several times I pumped up and marveled at my erection. :D

Joined the Bionic Brotherhood August 14, 2015. My Pre-Op and Post-Op journals are posted on FT.
Dr. Cornell had a urology radio talk show for over a decade answering questions. After listening to him for many years I made him my URO. When I developed ED he did extensive testing to determine why. After trying pills, vacuum pumps, injections the tests showed I had veinous leakage. An IPP was my only option.

How would you know?
Realistically, On FT how do any of us know who the other person is, I am the only roninhouston on FT.
BTW Dr. Cornell charged me for my IPP, so like all doctors he is selling his knowledge and expertise.

You used a vacuum pump both pre IPP and post IPP?

Before only, as per Dr. Dineen's VED Protocol Therapy. Do not need a vacuum pump after the IPP.

On FT I have read other postings from those who have been helped by Dr. Cornell. They said he repaired/corrected other URO's IPP operations. He is knowledgeable, has helped others, maybe he can help you. His staff worked with my insurance company for months to get approval for my IPP they might be able to work with yours.

All of us on FT are just trying to help each other, why it is a brotherhood.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

williamb

Postby williamb » Tue May 03, 2016 10:01 pm

I am pretty positive that "roninhouston" is not Cornell. I am a patient of Dr. Cornell's and I have spoke to "roninhouston" several times and also to acquaintances of Ron's. I am pretty sure they are not one in the same, they don't even look alike.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 03, 2016 10:20 pm

roninhouston wrote:My operation went text book, no length was lost, no floppy head and a rock solid erection on demand. In preparation of the IPP Op I followed the Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and continued in Post-Op.

Your last line made if very confusing then. It has always seemed when you state that you used the VED both pre and post IPP. Glad you cleared that up.
Yes I read your story after several others here warned me you were Cornell.

Return to “Implants”