Kramer vs Milam?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DonBecker54

Kramer vs Milam?

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:05 pm

This is a variation on the Kramer vs Eid thread.

Both Kramer of Baltimore and Milam of Nashville are in network for me. Milam is two hours away. Kramer is 750 miles away. Seeing Kramer would mean flying (and I hate to fly) and additional costs.

Does anyone know if Kramer is that much better than Milam, if at all, to justify the additional travel?
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

dg_moore

Re: Kramer vs Milam?

Postby dg_moore » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Both Milam and Kramer get great reviews here. I chose Kramer because his office is only 25 minutes from me and he's one of the top rated implant docs in the world. However, if the trip to Milam is easier for you, I'd think you'd be in very good hands there as well, and you could save yourself a lot of money and hassle.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:33 pm

I can only speak from my recent experience with Dr Kramer and he is worth a plane flight. Speak with him before you make up your mind.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:25 am

Since I have not had surgery by both, I cannot say that one is definitely better than the other, but my experience with Milam was excellent. If you have the resources, talk to both and decide.

Best to you!
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:01 pm

BillinAl, did you suffer any loss in length?

With my scar tissue, my length is limited. What's happened, though, is that, because the corpus tissue can't move forward, it's moving sideways. I've fattened up to a 6" girth. I have to ask Milam if he can keep the girth. My guess is that he won't give a straight yes or no answer.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Don,
I was originally 6.5" in length years ago. During the 3 years after my prostatechomy and before my implant, I unsuccessfully tried pills, pump, and injections, and I am sure I lost some length and girth during that time from lack of erections. I have had the implant about 14 months now and am now slightly over 6 inches with a tape pressed against the pubic bone so from years ago, I lost less than 1/2", My girth is 6" which I think is the same or maybe a little more than I was years ago.

You are probably right about Dr. Milam. I suspect he will not make a prediction.

By the way, I have no way of knowing whether it helped or not, but I pumped to the max twice per day for the six weeks before my surgery.

Best to you!

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:24 am

I am going to Dr. Kramer as he has some of the BEST reviews and I can talk with anytime. I live in NC and will be staying in Baltimore for a week but he is worth it. Read, study and I think you will find Dr. Kramer to be the best selection for you regardless of distance.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:16 am

Had implant with Dr. Kramer and healing has been fast, minor discomfort and going in four days for inflate. Have not lost ability to have blood engorge head when excited. Can masturbate even with only 20% inflated and feeling was the same. A few stitches left but falling out every few days. Dr. Kramer was the best as I ma a chicken for needles and he saw to it I never saw one. His team is top notch, wonderful time in Baltimore if you can call surgery wonderful. My penis works again and can't wait to use.

Based on the 20% inflate, I will return to size I had years ago and girth should return or better. I don't mind the bulge that shows and proud I took this step.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:44 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:This is a variation on the Kramer vs Eid thread.

Both Kramer of Baltimore and Milam of Nashville are in network for me. Milam is two hours away. Kramer is 750 miles away. Seeing Kramer would mean flying (and I hate to fly) and additional costs.

Does anyone know if Kramer is that much better than Milam, if at all, to justify the additional travel?

You might want to send a pm to our brother Alibaba and ask him about Milam. You'll get an earful--or in this case an eyeful.

KMeister

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:32 am

You know Mr. Becker went with Milam and is quite unhappy.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”