Best Implant Surgeon near Charlotte NC

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
hard drive

Best Implant Surgeon near Charlotte NC

Postby hard drive » Sat May 14, 2011 8:15 pm

Okay, so here's the deal. A VA Doc did a poor job on my implant. I've finally got the VA's ear and they MAY agree to a revision. I MAY be allowed to go to any Implant Surgeon I want and they will pay the bill. IF I get to do this, who would be the best surgeon in my general area. I will travel within a state or two if it's a must but the closer to home the better. Thanks...
harddrive

rdhill

Re: Best Implant Surgeon near Charlotte NC

Postby rdhill » Sat May 14, 2011 9:04 pm

My young Urologist [Zane Bazrawla - NC Urologist, 704-541-8207] -is a Charlotte Surgeon who does implants and very, very, successfully treated me for Peyronies. It's my understanding that he prefers the AMS LGX. But since I had Peyronies he said my surgery was a tricky one and he referred me to "an expert", Culley Carson, UNC Medical Center/Chapel Hill. It took nearly four months to get an appointment and two weeks more to have the surgery. He is the best on the East Coast according to Dr. Bazrawla. Dr. Millan (not sure of spelling of his name) at Vanderbilt said I was in good hands.
I had my surgery on the 28th of April and my follow-up is six weeks from that time so I have not had the opportunity to experiment with the device.
I like and admire Dr. Bazrawla especially when he referred me to Culley Carson. He felt Dr. Carson could do a better job with me and my condition(s).
Sincerely,
Robin

hard drive

Re: Best Implant Surgeon near Charlotte NC

Postby hard drive » Thu May 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Thanks for the references. I'll be going back to my original surgeon in 2 weeks. At that time he will likely refuse to do a revision and then I'll demand referral to a private surgeon. I'll skip the Charlotte Dr. and shoot for the UNC Chapel Hill option if possible. Unless I get some other suggestions.
harddrive

Return to “Implants”