My Surgery Journal And Impressions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
MickCrowder

Re: My Surgery Journal And Impressions

Postby MickCrowder » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:04 am

Pockie
In following your thread closely. I had surgery myself 4 days ago. Have learned a great deal from you. Since your in NYC if you ever get down to 333 6th Avenue stop in and say hi to my son Chris. He's an amazing tattoo artist at a place called Village Pop. If you do tell him his old man says hi.
Thanks for all the insight and experience you post. It is invaluable to all of us either about to do it or considering it. All the best for you continued success.
Mick
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:49 am

Good point pockie. Being from Europe you made the right call. But being from here, for a "business trip," Maryland hands down. In your shoes I would have done what you did. Unfortunately you didn't have any options in Europe that you felt comfortable with. Glad you could pull off the trip here.

And yeah, you were ambitious. Yesterday was day 17 for me. Best night I've had sleeping on my side, but still not 100% comfortable. I have to pull my scrotum out completely so my thighs don't squeeze it to be comfortable. I walked for 45 mins yesterday and that was the first real exercise I've gotten other than doing the bare minimum. 30 minutes before that. I run/job daily, but I'm gonna wait until the one month point to do that.

And for what it's worth to anyone on the fence, I only considered two people to do this procedure (One in cali too but he was too far). Kramer and Eid. I know there are other good ones here, but those were the ones I heavily vetted.

pockie

Postby pockie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:49 pm

Mick - Glad my journal could help, that was my goal. It is hard to get detailed information on what you go through when being implanted, so I wanted to share everything so that people know what to expect. That tattoo shop is just a few blocks away from where I'm situated, will say hi if I'm near it. I'm actively following your thread, and am awaiting more posts to see how you're doing.p

Chiali - It seems both options are great, and have their share of pros and cons. From what I've read here there is no clear winner between both options that we discussed. So I guess it's up to personal preference. I'm happy with the decision I made.

UPDATE - July 4th, 5th and 6th

These 3 days have been a bit tough on me. As I previously mentioned I had pain which was unexpected. Unexpected - because it was getting a bit worse day by day. It hurt pretty bad, at times I felt worse than the first few days post-surgery.

It felt like there was too much pressure in the penis, and it hurt especially near the glans, where the implant tips were touching the glans.

I went to Dr. Eid's office today for a checkup and to have my sutures removed. The sutures were removed quickly and painlessly. I was expecting this to hurt a bit, but it didn't hurt at all.

I discussed the pain I've been having. He examined me in order to locate the issue, and it took him just a quick glance to see what the problem was.

After examining me Dr. Eid concluded that I haven't deflated it fully. What I considered fully deflated was actually 20%-30% inflated, I was clueless as to how fully deflated shoud look like. I was walking like this for a few days, and this made me feel pressure in the penis and the pain near the glans, since the tips were constantly presisng up the glans

Dr. Eid showed me how to properly deflate, he deflated me fully himself, and immediately after he did that the pain started dissipating became minimal. I had close to no pain after he deflated me properly. I was very relieved when I saw this, because at times I thought I might have a serious complication, or that the implant is not fitting properly

tampagay

Postby tampagay » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:57 pm

Pockie what did the doctor show you? I was told to depress the release and squeeze the shaft. However I have to do it this several times a day. I know. I don t have the length you do, but my penis never points toward the ground. It points straight out even when deflated. It points slightly up and has a slight curve when inflated. Btw I am at near my stretched post ED length and tomorrow is 5 weeks.

pockie

Postby pockie » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:27 pm

tampagay wrote:Pockie what did the doctor show you? I was told to depress the release and squeeze the shaft. However I have to do it this several times a day. I know. I don t have the length you do, but my penis never points toward the ground. It points straight out even when deflated. It points slightly up and has a slight curve when inflated. Btw I am at near my stretched post ED length and tomorrow is 5 weeks.

Hey Tampa,

Why do you have to deflate it a few times per day, does it auto-inflate itself?

Mine doesn't point to the ground either, it is normally hanging slightly below parallel to the ground.
I'm keeping it in the upright position fairly tight using a jockstrap. I was instructed to do so by the surgeon.

My surgeon basically told me that I've been having pain due to not being fully deflated. I was inflating and deflating prior to seeing the surgeon, but what I thought was fully deflated, was not fully deflated - it was 20-30% inflated.

The error was that I was not squeezing tight enough when pressing the valve. I was doing it gently.He informed me of two techniques I could use to deflate 100%:
-press the valve and let it go while squeezing tight on the penis
-hold the valve pressed while squeezing tight

It's been a few hours since he deflated me the proper way, and I've been basically pain-free, even roamed the streets of NYC quite a bit, did some shopping :D So glad the pain went away

pockie

Postby pockie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:46 am

July 7th to 13th - Getting back home and getting used to the implant

I've returned to my home country from the USA, and have been getting used to living with the implant. Things are going great so far.

My recovery seems to be going a lot smoother than what I'm reading here. I can pump it to the max with almost
zero pain. I've been cycling daily, and leaving the penis inflated for about an hour each day, to maximize length and girth.
Without pumping it - I have no pain at all.

Dr. Eid said to pump it up to for about 10 minutes each day, I asked him if it was okay to pump it an hour each day to maximize
size gain, he said that it is totally fine. 10 minutes is sufficient he said, but if you want to leave it inflated longer I have no problem with that at all.

I've taken numerous measurements, and with arousal I actually got a great size. I'm 7.25 in length inflated when aroused. The head seems to swell up pretty nicely.
I'm very pleased with the length, since I could rarely measure at 7.25 pre-op. I was usually measuring at 6.75 consistently, and I would get to 7.25 on a very good day.

The inflated implant seems to have almost fully straightened out the upward bend I had in my penis, which is great and is happening very quickly.

I've tried masturbating and it feel great so far. I'm pretty shocked at how I'm already inflating to the max and even masturbating only 3 weeks post-op, other people here
seem to be taking much longer to recover. I have no problem with reaching an orgasm and ejaculating like some people had. I'm hoping it will be this way during sex as well.

I've been given the green light to give this thing a go 3 weeks post op, meaning have actual sex, and I just reached those 3 weeks. I'm pretty nervous and excited, an array of thoughts and emotions are going through my head. What will my girlfriend think, will it hurt for me, how would it feel like for me, would it be okay for her, and a bunch of other questions...

I'm planning on tapping that ass today (have sex), so I'd like to set the stage for my upcoming post:

July 14th - Tapping That Ass - The Big Day

robnine

Postby robnine » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:21 am

I have had the odd shooting pain, and after pumping to "new"levels yesterday did feel tender not at the glans but at the base. Mr Dr was more conservative with the length of my implant for fear of erosion of the glans, he did tell me that at first consultation. If I you were to perhaps just miss a day of cycling and then see how it feels next time you do it, though you are seeing your Dr anyway, so welook forward to hearing what he has to say....
AMS 700 Implant 2015 Sydney Australia Dr L Carlo Yuen, and team incl Prof Stricker. Excellent. It changed my life... . . .Stopped working in 2020. Ripped both sides. Complete revision, 22 cm cylinders Nov 9. 2021. Prof Stricker

MickCrowder

Postby MickCrowder » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Good luck pockie. Hope its a great experience for you. From your journal you have been pretty much a textbook-perfect success so far.
Have fun
Mick
57 yr old living in Lancaster County, PA. ED for the past 10 yrs. Bionic on July 2, 2015. 22cm Titan OTR. Dr Garber in Philadelphia did the surgery.

pockie

Postby pockie » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Mick - thank you for the kind words. Everything is not perfect, I have had some issues, but overall I think I'm recovering much quicker than most of the people here. I think this is due to the fact that Dr. Eid did a great job, and that I'm young (29 years old) and in good physical shape. I assume it would be a lot tougher for the body to recover when you're 60 years old as opposed to half of that.

To follow up on my "tapping that ass" post. A lot of work popped up unexpectedly, so I didn't have the time to meet my girlfriend and try out the implant. I will have a bit more during the weekend, so this is when I'll be probably meeting her and testing out the implant. To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about trying this thing out for the first time.

There are a few odd things which I'm unsure about, regarding which I already reached out to Dr. Eid via e-mail and am awaiting a response.

I'll specify the issues here and if anyone has had experience with something similar, please let me know.

These are the issues:
-when fully deflated, at times the penis is bent near the the middle of the shaft. This is because one of the implants is folding, I can feel the fold/ridge with my hand. as soon as I give it a few pumps it fixes itself out. Also, It's perfectly straight when I pump it fully. Has anyone encountered such an issue, and is it a reason for concern?
-The bottom part of the penis feels numb, as if there's lost sensitivity.I'm pretty happy with the sensitivity and sensations when fully pumped, feels great during masturbation, looking forward to see how it feels during sex. Has anyone had such an issue, will the numbness disappear?

chiali09

Postby chiali09 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:35 am

Funny. I'm nervous about using mine with my girlfriend too. I'll definitely let you go first. Day 29 for me. I'm gonna give it about 10 more days before cycling daily. give it a real run middle of august. I was told to start cycling at this point at the earliest or another two weeks from now, but the few times I've played with it I seemed swollen after for a day or two. I'm going clean for ten days from now then taking the chains off.

I do like what I have seen in my few "can't resist" moments. I went in a clean 7" erect pre-surgery. Best I've gotten with this is 6 7/8" and that isn't at 100% (hurt too much to pump beyond about 60% so far, which of course is normal starting out the first few times ever using it and initial stretching). I'm keeping my eye on my girth. I will take 6.75 consistently with a firm erection and pre-implant girth in a heartbeat. It isn't where I want it just yet. Perhaps 100% will get me there and early indications are that I will get my full 7 back as I was just shy a week ago. Girth still TBD

Continued well wishes and success to you pockie. Great read

AMS 700CX Implanted June 17,2015 (Kramer)

Return to “Implants”