Mesh...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SPRAYED1

Mesh...

Postby SPRAYED1 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:30 am

Is meshed used during all implant surgeries when the reservoir is implanted? How many people have had issues when mess was used during either penile implant or hernia surgery?

alibaba

Re: Mesh...

Postby alibaba » Sat May 09, 2015 4:30 pm

My understanding is that no mesh is used for the implant unless you need some corpora repairs from a broken dick and then there are non mesh options too. . I am on my 3rd year trying to get a 3 piece implant and been turned down by many doctors who said that due to hernia repairs ( 4) and Prostatectomy that I have mesh everywhere so my only choice was a short life 2 piece ( 4 years the last asshole doc said) that would not deflate fully because the reservoir is so small or a rod. This was the first time I had heard that all robot surgeries have to use mesh which means I have mesh in 12 places. These docs know your dicks not going to work after the surgery even though they try to leave the impression everything will be normal within a couple years. Why do they use products that will make restoration of erection more difficult? It's all about time and quicker money I told. Dr. Eid in New York sent me pictures how he does the surgery with hernia repairs and said it is no problem. He does many. There is an extra incision higher up on the abdomen to do it. In fact, he said it is hard to find an old guy who has not had a hernia repair with GoreTex. Dr. Milam in Nashville said the same thing. If you have mesh already, I would suggest Eid or Milam, both are good surgeons and know how to deal with these things. Don't waste your time on arrogant know it all quacks quick buck take the easy route quacks like the first dozen doctors I wasted my appointment times and 2 years on. Late this year I intend to get an implant, no exceptions, now that I have found doctors that give me a decent option. Hope this helps. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat May 09, 2015 5:02 pm

alibaba wrote:My understanding is that no mesh is used for the implant unless you need some corpora repairs from a broken dick and then there are non mesh options too. . I am on my 3rd year trying to get a 3 piece implant and been turned down by many doctors who said that due to hernia repairs ( 4) and Prostatectomy that I have mesh everywhere so my only choice was a short life 2 piece ( 4 years the last asshole doc said) that would not deflate fully because the reservoir is so small or a rod. This was the first time I had heard that all robot surgeries have to use mesh which means I have mesh in 12 places. These docs know your dicks not going to work after the surgery even though they try to leave the impression everything will be normal within a couple years. Why do they use products that will make restoration of erection more difficult? It's all about time and quicker money I told. Dr. Eid in New York sent me pictures how he does the surgery with hernia repairs and said it is no problem. He does many. There is an extra incision higher up on the abdomen to do it. In fact, he said it is hard to find an old guy who has not had a hernia repair with GoreTex. Dr. Milam in Nashville said the same thing. If you have mesh already, I would suggest Eid or Milam, both are good surgeons and know how to deal with these things. Don't waste your time on arrogant know it all quacks quick buck take the easy route quacks like the first dozen doctors I wasted my appointment times and 2 years on. Late this year I intend to get an implant, no exceptions, now that I have found doctors that give me a decent option. Hope this helps. d

Good for you, Alibaba. This why it's best to seek a second, sometimes even a third opinion. This also how online searches can be helpful. Good luck!

KMeister

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Sat May 09, 2015 5:08 pm

SPRAYED1 wrote:Is meshed used during all implant surgeries when the reservoir is implanted? How many people have had issues when mess was used during either penile implant or hernia surgery?

My understanding is that meshes aren't used as a routine part of the implant procedure unless it's to repair some damage to your body. My doctor told me that meshes for surgery that involves the genitals--male and female--can have significant infection rate (about 25% to 30%). By the by, I've have right and left hernia surgery and there have been no problems with the implant. As Alibaba correctly stated, you have to find a skilled doctor who knows what s/he doing.

KMeister

stringerbell

Postby stringerbell » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Kramer has a youtube video of a guy who "couldn't get a 3 piece" because of mesh and he shows how in 20 seconds he revises it and puts in a reservoir. Consider going to him- he's in Maryland (Baltimore I think) but not at Hopkins, either at Maryland or private practice.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:16 am

Eid sent me pictures of the surgery and the changes he made due to mesh. He says it is hard to find a 70 y.o. man who has not had repairs and mesh and he does several a week. Milam said no issue too.I would like to see the Kramer video if you have a link. Thanks. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”