Surgery and PostOP Duration. How long to schedule trip?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
pockie

Surgery and PostOP Duration. How long to schedule trip?

Postby pockie » Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 am

I'd have to fly to the USA in order to have the implant done.

I know it's varies from patient to patient but could you tell me roughly how many days I'd have to
stay in order to have everything finished including pre-op, surgery and post-op.

I'm assuming that I'd should be there in person for the first few most important post-ops, but am hoping to be able to do the following post-op consultations after that via e-mail if they're not
of major importance.

Please share you experience regarding this.

RelievedofED1

Re: Surgery and PostOP Duration. How long to schedule trip?

Postby RelievedofED1 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:14 am

I just had an implant placed 5 days ago with Dr Kramer annd he advised at least two days in Baltimore before our 9 hour drive home to lay around immdeiately post op. Unless problems no planned followup with him. He has been available by phone and email for a couple of questiions. He has arranged my first iinflation with a urologist locally to save me a trip for routine care. That said if I want to see him he is happy to do that. So bottom linr at least a couple of days post op plus a day before surgery at least though we first met the day of surgery which worked fine with pre visit emails and calls answering my questions. I am sure he would be happy to discuss with you. Dr Andrew Kramer Baltimore MD. As you will find out many of us travelled and there are quite a few docs that have men travel to see them so could best answer your question based on their preferences and where you live. Good luck on your quest,
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

pockie

Postby pockie » Mon May 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Just the type of info I was looking for! Greatly appreciated.

For my situation I'd prefer to stay there as long as necessary for the surgery and the obligatory post-op visits
to be done, while not having to return again for additional checkups.

In my case, with connecting flights the total flight time is over 20 hours, and I have to take time off work which is tricky.
Thus, staying there for 2 weeks and taking care of everything is better than visting 2x monthly for a few days.

I guess I'd have to talk to the surgeon and see what he recommends.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon May 04, 2015 6:03 pm

If you're seeing Dr Kramer in Baltimore and are staying for a while, don't miss the Inner Harbor and Maryland crab cakes.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 pm

I did both when I was there Dave and second that!
Last edited by RelievedofED1 on Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.

pockie

Postby pockie » Tue May 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Regarding the activation you mentioned, how long after the surgery does this happen?

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 05, 2015 9:48 pm

Dr. Eid's office in New York told me to figure a 7 day stay, arrival, pre-op testing, doctors visit, surgery day, post op visit day, then 2 days later post op visit to be released to go home. For a week taxi fares @ $45 each way plus motels @ NY rates was a fortune. Baltimore has to be much cheaper in that regard. Good luck. I hope to get one some day. Cheers bud. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:39 am

pockie wrote:Regarding the activation you mentioned, how long after the surgery does this happen?

Dr Kramer said first inflation visit should be four to six weeks after implant.

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:43 am

alibaba wrote:Dr. Eid's office in New York told me to figure a 7 day stay, arrival, pre-op testing, doctors visit, surgery day, post op visit day, then 2 days later post op visit to be released to go home. For a week taxi fares @ $45 each way plus motels @ NY rates was a fortune. Baltimore has to be much cheaper in that regard. Good luck. I hope to get one some day. Cheers bud. d

We stayed at a really nice hotel on the inner harbor. Large room with a water view for under $300. The hospital sent a shuttle bus to pick up up and return us to the hotel so no cost or extra stress with directions for me pre or post op.

pockie

Postby pockie » Fri May 08, 2015 6:42 pm

alibaba wrote:Dr. Eid's office in New York told me to figure a 7 day stay, arrival, pre-op testing, doctors visit, surgery day, post op visit day, then 2 days later post op visit to be released to go home. For a week taxi fares @ $45 each way plus motels @ NY rates was a fortune. Baltimore has to be much cheaper in that regard. Good luck. I hope to get one some day. Cheers bud. d

I'm actually considering Dr. Eid, so you answered my question spot-on. There are actually quite a few hotels and apartments on airbnb within a minute from Dr. Eid's hospital thus it would be extremely convenient if I just booked one of those.

Could you share you experience as far as how the surgery went: overall satisfaction from the way you were treated by Dr. Eid and his staff, pain after the surgery, loss of length/girth, how it feels during sex?

Return to “Implants”