Difficulty massaging down pump ...

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rdhill

Difficulty massaging down pump ...

Postby rdhill » Thu May 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Today is my first day attempting to massage down the pump. I am still a little swollen and am having real difficulty making sure I get it right. I found it but don't know if I just pull a little or move my hand downward from the top of the device to the bottom of the device. Any stories or suggestions, please. Thanks gentlemen ...

antelope

Re: Difficulty massaging down pump ...

Postby antelope » Thu May 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Hey Robin,

I have no advice for you but I'm sure there will be plenty of the bionic boner brothers who jump in with assistance. I'm just want to say I'm glad to see you up and about so soon and beginning to toy with your new toy. Well done!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

LGX_Man

Postby LGX_Man » Fri May 06, 2011 9:29 pm

During the time that I was in the process of massaging my pump downwards, I took warm to hot showers. I used this time (and a bit of extra water for about six weeks) to indulge myself in slowly pulling the pump down with very little to no pain. This helped immensely as my sac was still quite tender. A few times I tried putting lotion all around my ball sac and pulling the pump down, but I have to say that the warm to hot showers (and a good soap) really seemed to do the trick. I'm guessing that a warm bath would work just as well but you would not be able to involve the soap and I'm more of a shower guy anyway. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! LGX_Man
62. Retired. AMS 700 LGX implanted Nov. 18, 2013. Ask me any questions about being implanted or life afterwards.

steven

Postby steven » Fri May 06, 2011 10:56 pm

hmmm. my doc told me not to worry about it. he said a patient once ripped his scrotum incision open and he doesn't think it's necessary. mine does seem too high though. should I be trying to get it down? I'm 4 weeks 4 days post-op.

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sun May 08, 2011 12:17 am

My doc never mentioned any pulling down but he put my pump so that the bulb was at the bottom of the scrotum and seemed perfect. I personally would leave it alone till your first follow-up visit then let him see how it is sitting in there and if it needs some help. Right now my aim would be to let it heal some more. However if the valve block is way up at the top of your scrotum maybe you could be proactive with it but wating till the visit should not be problem. Glad you hear that you have been able to find it!!
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

General Orez

Postby General Orez » Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm

I was done on 03/11/11 and began that week pulling it down and it is good now. I still pull it down a little each day. The problem I had was I did not deflate
completely and that caused soreness, not pain. But the soreness was always there so i drove 80 miles down to Dr. Perito's in Coral Gables. I wasn't squeezing
my dick as hard as was needed; it's kind of hard to hurt yourself. They had no such issues and squeezed the crap out of me causing real pain. The problem is, if I don't deflate
properly a capsule can form on the reservoir, which would require being opened up again. I have been taking pain meds and squeezing every time I urinated from this past
Thursday through yesterday (Sunday) and I now have the hang of it. He instructed me to continue to pump and deflate 3-4 times a day for 10 days. Much more comfortable.

John

Return to “Implants”