Young guy going for implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Alishan

Young guy going for implant

Postby Alishan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Hey guys,

I'm expected to have surgery in May, but I have a few concerns regarding the "implantations per year" of the surgeon. Mine only does 15-20 a year, which is the second highest in my country (highest being around 30). I've read on these forums that most of you go with a surgeon who does atleast 70 implants a year, and I'm worried if 15-20 is a bit too low? The surgeon, who is a she actually have told me that almost everyone who has undergone penile implantation with her have been happy with the results, including young guys like me who've never had a full erection before. She's "only" had one interesting case where the guy were in too much pain for months and decided to remove the implant. The cause was unknown, as there were no signs of infection nor anything wrong with placement of the implant. I have the benefit of free healthcare in my country, so I don't have to pay a dime for it, which is great because I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. On top of that, she's a wonderful person, and I trust her.

Would appreciate if you guys could give me some input on this matter, and if there's anything else you think I should know before going through this, then please do tell.

Thanks in advance
Primary ED due to severe venous leak - Had a 700 LGX installed on 20th of May 2015 at the age of 20

jerseyhulk

Re: Young guy going for implant

Postby jerseyhulk » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:51 am

Hey Alishan I too am scheduled for implant surgery in May and I am also a young guy of 30 years. Honestly I don't have any experience with them, since I haven't been implanted yet, but from what I understand from many posts it's best to find an experienced doctor so that they can size the implant correctly and there isn't much loss in length. That's my biggest concern is penile length loss so I seeked out a highly recommended surgeon in Shreveport named Dr. Gerard Henry. Heard and read good things and after chatting with him I trust his experience and feel good about it. He has wrote many papers and has definitely been a leader in the field and set the bar really high for others to follow. Hopefully you found one you feel good about since our manhood is literally in their hands haha... There is a lot of helpful people here that is very supportive. Maybe they can tell you if your doctor is good to go. Where are you getting it done? What is the date of your surgery? Mine is May 20. It would be great to keep in touch and give updates since we'll be going through it together. I'm getting really nervous as I said I hope not to lose any length but it will be great to never have this problem again and will be a huge weight off our shoulders. My anxiety has been through the roof for the past 10 years cause of Ed.

Membrillo

Postby Membrillo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:49 am

hi , im 28 , going to have my surgery the first week of may
Last edited by Membrillo on Mon May 25, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:25 pm

I have just posted a one and two year update on my two implants. Whatever her numbers, she has among the best numbers you have available. Go for it! I'm 64 and have a totally new sex life! You young guys will have a great time!!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:27 am

Thanks LMCatman it means a lot to hear you say that. I've suffered in silence with this problem for the past 10 or 11 years now and I just can't wait to put this nightmare behind me and be able to enjoy making love to women without the fear or anxiety anymore. Hey Membrillo your big day is coming soon, mine is May 20 and although I'm nervous I'm ready to get it done. I hope you able to post your experience and let me know how everything goes. Take care bro.

hardernharder

Postby hardernharder » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:28 pm

Alishan

Ask your doctor if you could talk to any of her patients who had the same surgery done?
What type of implant is she suggesting for you?
Is she going to have different implant sizes ready at the operating room?
Will she have the manufacture's rep present at the operating room?
I wish I knew which country you are getting this done.
When it comes to penile implant surgery, surgeon's experience is the most important thing.

Membrillo

Postby Membrillo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:26 pm

jerseyhulk wrote:Thanks LMCatman it means a lot to hear you say that. I've suffered in silence with this problem for the past 10 or 11 years now and I just can't wait to put this nightmare behind me and be able to enjoy making love to women without the fear or anxiety anymore. Hey Membrillo your big day is coming soon, mine is May 20 and although I'm nervous I'm ready to get it done. I hope you able to post your experience and let me know how everything goes. Take care bro.

yeah, i have been suffering from this for the past 11 years too. i will share my experience with yours , my prosthesis is going to be th Titan OTR

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:00 am

I've read good things about the Titan Otr. I'm getting the AMS 700LGX, I like the fact that it can increase size that has been lost. Due to years of injections I have lost size from scarring. I just pray I don't lose anymore with the implant. I've read that the Titan has the most rigid erections though which is good.

Membrillo

Postby Membrillo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:17 am

jerseyhulk wrote:I've read good things about the Titan Otr. I'm getting the AMS 700LGX, I like the fact that it can increase size that has been lost. Due to years of injections I have lost size from scarring. I just pray I don't lose anymore with the implant. I've read that the Titan has the most rigid erections though which is good.

I have lost 1,5cm from my erectile disfunction but only in girth. I didnt notice any change in my length . How much did you lost?

jerseyhulk

Postby jerseyhulk » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:49 pm

I was about 6.75 to 7 inches before Ed. Now I'm at 5 inches but I'm not positive my real size because I can not get a full erection anymore. I hope the AMS 700LGX will help me to regain what I lost. I went a year or two without any erections due to my body building a tolerance to the Ed medications and injections, they no longer effective with me. Membrillo your surgery is coming up, someone told me using the VED device before surgery can help with increasing length? You ever heard of this? Can't wait to hear your results bro. I'm looking forward to mine. Take care.

Return to “Implants”