Implants

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.

Implants

Postby Newbie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 am

I would like to hear how Matt from South St Paul turned out. I would also like to know his thoughts on Dr. Ajay Nehra with Mayo Clinic.
Thanks

jn1421

Re: Implants

Postby jn1421 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:32 am

Newbie,
Welcome to FT. You can send Matt a personal email here within FrankTalk. Look to the upper right of this forum directly under the search window. Find the 'members' link. Click it. Once you are on the member’s page, find the alphabet list on left. Click on the letter ‘S,’ scroll down until you find ‘sspmattpb.’ That is Matt’s username.

Click on Matt’s username link and proceed with sending him a PM. He will respond to your questions.

Again, welcome to FT. Come and join the fun in the chat room. We all would like to hear your story.

Dave

Minnesota

Postby Minnesota » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:10 pm

I went to Mayo Clinic with Dr. Nehra as well. LMK if you have any questions. FANTASTIC experience and successful implant since Sept. 09
Diagnosed with ED at age of 19, Implanted with Coloplast Titan at age 20. Now 34 (2023)
Titan failed 09/2020, replaced on 10/2/2020 by Kolher @ Mayo Clinic in Minnesota

rdhill

Postby rdhill » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:38 pm

My consultation with Cullie Carson @ UNC Medical Center is Monday and I am getting cold feet. I am wondering if the broken shoulder and the implant is too much at one time. Coupled with the stroke I had when I was 42 (48 now), which I am mostly recovered except for a limp and left hand trouble, bothers me.

What limitations can I expect, how much walking can I expect??

Please. I need advice on whether I should go to the consult or not?? It has taken apprx. four months to get the appointment and I don't want this to go to next year.

Sincerely,

Robin

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Robin,

Do it, you won't regret it. I had my implant 3-17 which was Thursday, and I returned to work on the next Tuesday. I carry a backpack with a laptop and tools which probably weighs 40 pounds, I had no problem hoisting and carrying it. The most discomfort comes from sitting down or bending forward. Get a suspensory and remember that ice is your friend. Nothing I experienced I would call pain, moderate discomfort is it. This is something that you are doing for you, it will make a positive impact to your attitude and will probably lift your spirits and improve your other recoveries. Talk with the doctor and get his input, just because you met him doesn't mean you have to go through with the surgery right now.

Good luck,

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

knotreel

Postby knotreel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:36 am

Robin, I don't know what you should do but for recovery time, I would plan for two weeks. not all these implants go like clockwork. Mine when OK but others have had soon complications. I would not be a surprised if you only had a week or less downtime but I would not plan on that. As far as getting the implant, only you know if it's right for you.
Ron
age 74 married, Robotic RP Dec.2009. Implanted Jan 2011 with AMS 700LGX and AMS 800 AUS. (AMS 1500). IPP failed March 2018 , leak. Planning an AUS revision (total replacement) in 2018, now I need the IPP too.

Return to “Implants”